PDA

View Full Version : "No refusal" DUI breath test checkpoint or mandatory blood test

kahless
12-30-2010, 11:21 AM
The MADD alcohol prohibitionists are at it again.

"No refusal" DUI checkpoints could be coming to Tampa
http://www.wtsp.com/news/topstories/story.aspx?storyid=165079&catid=250

It means if you refuse a breath test during a traffic stop, a judge is on site, and issues a warrant that allows police to perform a mandatory blood test.

It's already being done in several counties, and now Unfried is working to bring it to the Tampa Bay area.
DUI defense attorney Kevin Hayslett sees the mandatory blood test as a violation of constitutional rights.

"It's a slippery slope and it's got to stop somewhere," Hayslett explained, "what other misdemeanor offense do we have in the United States where the government can forcefully put a needle into your arm?"

Philhelm
12-30-2010, 11:39 AM
The MADD alcohol prohibitionists are at it again.

"No refusal" DUI checkpoints could be coming to Tampa
http://www.wtsp.com/news/topstories/story.aspx?storyid=165079&catid=250

This shit needs to stop. With each passing day our nation descends further into the bowels of tyranny. Also, you know they will stick people with the needle, intentionally causing pain, and later laughing about it back in the locker room.

Wesker1982
12-30-2010, 11:43 AM
Its really sad when things like this are not surprising.

This thread reminds me of an article I read recently: Open Letter to MADD by Walter Block http://mises.org/daily/3419

pcosmar
12-30-2010, 11:48 AM
I will refuse a breath test on the advice of my Lawyer.
Any attempt past that and we fight.

I have never resisted arrest in my life (and have been arrested several times).
Done with it
:mad:

Brian4Liberty
12-30-2010, 11:49 AM
Giving up essential Liberty to create a Police-State.

Obviously drunk driving is not a good thing, and you have to hand it to the neo-prohibitionists for a successful propaganda and demonization campaign. Unfortunately, the end result has been to create public support for a Police State.

Drunk Driving has always been a crime, but it has only been recent history where the neo-prohibitionists at MADD have completely demonized it...

Sammy Hagar doesn't play this song anymore:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f1HywI5tlFU

Cruisin' And Boozin':

"Saved all my money for this Saturday
Got all my work done on time
Well finally, nothing can stop us now
Coming rain or shine
Every sweet thing on the street corner
"Hey, can I give you a ride...?"
We're just cruisin' and boozin
Trying to have a good time
That's right, baby
Cruisin' and boozin'
Out with some friends of mine.
Someday, I'm gonna beat this race
Be on top, you'll see.
Step myself out across that line
And be anything I wanna be.
But right now, everything's alright
Out here in the streets.
We've got JD in the back seat
We drink nothin' but the best.
Pop a buck in the gas tank,
We drink up the rest
Yeah, we'll drink up the rest!"

sailingaway
12-30-2010, 11:51 AM
Actually, in most states you agree to this as a condition of getting a license. Be careful with your civil disobedience on this one so you know what you are getting yourself into. In most places they could pull your license for it, even if they can't make you actually take the test.

I'm not saying it is right without cause (I think you should have symptoms of being drunk, it isn't like they are all that subtle.) However, your license may legally depend on your cooperating.

NorthCarolinaLiberty
12-31-2010, 12:07 AM

Inflation
01-01-2011, 01:03 PM
If anybody tries to take my blood without Due Process, they will find out that turnabout is fair play.

I'm sure that many patriots are looking up ways to deal with Nazi Checkpoints, as demonstrated by resistance fighters around the world.

The pigs are just sitting ducks out there in the open, under those bright Klieg lights on a dark night....

angelatc
01-01-2011, 02:02 PM
The title of this article is somewhat misleading. There are people who think that law enforcement is trying to make everyone blow or be pricked. The breathalyzers and needles can only be used for probable cause.

The needle issue is separate from the checkpoint issue. I don't know much about the needle issue, so I'll let someone more well-versed to comment on it.

I regularly keep tabs on the issue of checkpoints. This whole thing should be moot because you can decline cooperation at a checkpoint. .

Keeping the target of the conversation directly on DUI checkpoints - I'm not convinced that drivers can indeed decline cooperation. SCOTUS upheld those checkpoints.

AxisMundi
01-01-2011, 02:56 PM
If anybody tries to take my blood without Due Process, they will find out that turnabout is fair play.

I'm sure that many patriots are looking up ways to deal with Nazi Checkpoints, as demonstrated by resistance fighters around the world.

The pigs are just sitting ducks out there in the open, under those bright Klieg lights on a dark night....

Your manner of doing things merely makes you the criminal.

Change comes from the voting booth.

hillbilly123069
01-01-2011, 03:24 PM
Someone tries to draw my blood without my approval, that's a problem that will result in action. The illegal action is the enforcement of tyranny by those sworn to protect and uphold the Constitution. "It's the way things were" or "There was nothing I could do" don't cut it. God will hold all accountable.

angelatc
01-01-2011, 07:05 PM
I will refuse a breath test on the advice of my Lawyer.
Any attempt past that and we fight.

I have never resisted arrest in my life (and have been arrested several times).
Done with it
:mad:

DUI roadblocks aren't allowed here in Michigan. It's yet another big reason not to support a state constitutional convention.

NorthCarolinaLiberty
01-02-2011, 07:07 PM