PDA

View Full Version : Mike Huckabee Is Huckabee the frontrunner?

Agorism
12-30-2010, 09:57 AM
Is Huckabee the frontrunner?

http://www.salon.com/news/mike_huckabee/?story=/politics/war_room/2010/12/28/huckabee_2012_dark_horse

All of this brings me around to the one big GOP prospect I haven’t yet mentioned: Mike Huckabee. My instinct has been to dismiss him as a serious contender, partly because I’ve assumed his appeal is too narrow (religious conservatives in the South and in caucus states), and partly because of all of the pardons he doled out as governor of Arkansas. But it’s getting harder to ignore the polls: The same CNN survey that shows Palin’s GOP support collapsing also shows — not for the first time — that Huckabee is the most popular ’12 prospect in the party. 67 percent of Republicans say they are “very” or “somewhat” likely to back him for the nomination. Only 59 percent say the same about Romney. (Plus, 40 percent say they are not likely to back Romney, compared to only 31 percent for Huckabee.) The numbers are much worse for Palin (and for Newt Gingrich for that matter, if you think he’s actually running.)

Republicans like Mike Huckabee an awful lot. Granted, it hasn’t been that hard for him to burnish his image these past two years, with his syndicated and Fox News television shows. Plus, his fellow Republicans aren’t out there attacking him, or drawing attention to those pardons, or to some of the other less-than-conservative pronouncements he’s made and positions he’s taken over the years. if he does run — and, unlike with Romney, it isn’t yet clear that he will — Huckabee could see his lofty standing with Republicans erode quickly. But it’s also worth acknowledging that, at least for now, he probably deserves the title “front-runner” as much as — or more than — any other GOP prospect.

robertwerden
12-30-2010, 10:17 AM
The front runner is who ever the media says is the front runner. The more times they say it the more likely it becomes true.

thankfully we have the Judge to help keep pushing the right name out there.

Brett85
12-30-2010, 10:30 AM
The front runner is who ever the media says is the front runner. The more times they say it the more likely it becomes true.

thankfully we have the Judge to help keep pushing the right name out there.

The Judge has actually had Huckabee on his show quite often as well. Huckabee has certainly been going out of his way to claim that he no longer supports all of the big government positions that he once supported.

robertwerden
12-30-2010, 11:12 AM
The judge called out Huckabee on his show.
This election will be a test of the purest conservative. Voting records will count. The tea party winners of 2010 who have poor voting records will be shown to be untrustworthy and go back on their pledges and campaign promises. This is perfect because it will cause voters to actually look at the records and pick candidates who have a track record of being a good conservative.

The mentality of just taking a politicians word that they have changed their evil ways is over. This is just like a sales man in an electronics store saying they have the best prices, when the customer can easily whip out a smart phone and scan the UPC label to see if the sales man is telling the truth.

Doing research on a subject through the internet via a cell phone is common these days and when a voter is presented with statements about any subject they can easily verify them by simply reaching into their pocket.

The fool me once philosophy will be common place in 2012.

No, Huckabee will not be a front runner.

Brett85
12-30-2010, 11:34 AM
It's a shame that Huckabee is so wrong on so many issues, because I really like the guy a lot on a personal level. I wish that we could combine Huckabee's personality and speaking skills with somebody who actually believed in limited government.

coastie
12-30-2010, 11:42 AM
the front runner is who ever the media says is the front runner. The more times they say it the more likely it becomes true.

thankfully we have the judge to help keep pushing the right name out there.

qft

Just like "nobody minds being patted down"

"Ron Paul is a wingbat"

"They hate us for our freedumbs"

ad nauseum. This is just gonna be a replay of '08 all over again, maybe a little more interesting, but the end results will be the same.

Original_Intent
12-30-2010, 11:55 AM
Romney is the front runner at the moment, Huckabee is merely filling the role of suck as much support from Ron Paul as possible. And I absolutely do not like him, I do not think that he actually abandoned his big government positions, he is just parroting whatever line he is told to and probably doesn't even understand the role he is filling. (Conservative Obama)