PDA

View Full Version : CPAC Now A "Libertarian Freakshow"

Sola_Fide
12-30-2010, 08:05 AM
xxw.grasstopsusa.com/df030310.html

Speaking of unnatural acts, Ron Paul won CPAC’s presidential straw poll, with 31 % of the vote. Granted, only a quarter of the estimated 10,000 attendees voted. Still, Paul was the hands down favorite of those who cared enough to cast a ballot. His minions — lesbian, Nazi hookers abducted by aliens and forced to talk about abolishing the Fed — were everywhere.

Ron (America brought 9/11 on itself) Paul — now there’s a model for young conservatives to emulate. The Congressman from a galaxy far, far away believes that the legalization of heroin, cocaine and prostitution is consistent with our nation’s founding principles, as he explained to ABC’s John Stossel in a 2007 interview. A melanin-deficient Jeremiah Wright, Paul believes the World Trade Center attack was blowback from our Middle East policy. How dare we deny Islam-ists their rich heritage — killing infidels, enslaving women, and spreading their creed by the sword?

Paul also believes Israel created Hamas, and the Cold War was an unnecessary conflict fueled by paranoia. He’s yet to say if blitzkrieg was invented by Winston Churchill.

He sounds angry:)

libertarian4321
12-30-2010, 08:14 AM
The Congressman from a galaxy far, far away believes that the legalization of heroin, cocaine and prostitution is consistent with our nation’s founding principles

I guess no one bothered to tell this genius that heroin, cocaine, and prostitution WERE ALL LEGAL when the Constitution was written (and for a long time thereafter)?

sailingaway
12-30-2010, 08:16 AM
Ron won in a year when there was greater attendance at CPAC than ever before, more voted than ever before, and his margin of victory was the biggest, ever. This is sour grapes.

However, I am sure there will be a push to somehow change things so it doesn't happen again. In fact, I see Rand being invited as an attempt to split our vote. I hope he won't be on the ballot, to tell you the truth. He absolutely isn't running for president (this year.) But I am glad he will speak. While I want Ron to win, part of me says it is more likely Rand will win in 2016 than that Ron will win the nomination this year, given the long term demonization of Ron that keeps some from impartially looking into him, to begin with. Also, while his age isn't an issue with me, given that an older Ron Paul is better than any other candidate on the horizon, that will also keep a certain portion of the population from even looking into him.

My Dad, for example, who has finally come around to really liking Ron (instead of liking him....'but'....), just moved to Ron's district and did vote for him in November. Dad looked interested in voting for him as president when I said he might run, until he said 'he's what, about 60?' and I gave him a truthful answer. From his facial expression he completely dismissed him as a realistic possibility at that point. He may still vote for him because I have pointed out the difference in being in shape at that age or not, and he can see that difference amongst people he knows, and did sort of look thoughtful. Those who don't have someone like me working on them, though, may just write Ron off for his age. That is my concern with all the 'marginalization' stuff. There is no candidate as good when you research them, but someone has to actually be open to doing that.

Agorism
12-30-2010, 08:18 AM
They do this every year.

Southron
12-30-2010, 08:26 AM
Based on his criterion, I'm not a conservative nor a libertarian.

@sailingaway: I would point out that Supreme Court justices often serve well into their 80's, and they have, arguably, a more mentally demanding task than the President.

tangent4ronpaul
12-30-2010, 08:51 AM
His minions — lesbian, Nazi hookers abducted by aliens and forced to talk about abolishing the Fed — were everywhere.

What a great descriptor! LOL!

Except that the movement is short of women and I don't think I've ever run into a lesbian RP supporter, let alone a lesbian nazi hooker...

It's obvious he's trying to dismiss the effect of CPAC as he knows we are going to win. That's kind of like saying Iowa and NH straw poles don't matter.

-t

JohnEngland
12-30-2010, 08:54 AM
"How dare we deny Islam-ists their rich heritage — killing infidels, enslaving women, and spreading their creed by the sword?"

What this guy doesn't seem to realise is that those "Islam-ists" see the West in the same way. We kill those who don't agree with us, we enslave women by making them sexual objects and we spread our creed by the missile.

sailingaway
12-30-2010, 08:55 AM
Based on his criterion, I'm not a conservative nor a libertarian.

@sailingaway: I would point out that Supreme Court justices often serve well into their 80's, and they have, arguably, a more mentally demanding task than the President.

good point. I'll remind him.

Cowlesy
12-30-2010, 09:01 AM
awwwwww...just adorable when they get all riled up.

Btw, thanks for posting it here, because I'm not going to give this yuck-a-muck a hit.

Agorism
12-30-2010, 09:02 AM
Maybe his politics could be peddled as "Reactionaryism" or "Romaniticism."

He sees something, and the reacts to it. He wants everything to be like it was 50 years ago.

Matt Collins
12-30-2010, 11:11 AM
I can see the propaganda machine is starting to get warmed up. Pathetic.

Matt Collins
12-30-2010, 11:12 AM
What a great descriptor! LOL!

Except that the movement is short of women and I don't think I've ever run into a lesbian RP supporter, let alone a lesbian nazi hooker...

Well he ripped it off from Weird Al's movie in the 80's called "UHF". :D

ItsTime
12-30-2010, 12:05 PM
zzzzzzzzzzzzz Yawn. Wake me up when there is something worth reading.

Agorism
12-30-2010, 12:06 PM
UHF stands for?

Matt Collins
12-30-2010, 12:11 PM
Reminds me of this song:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZZX1NiPimbo

Matt Collins
12-30-2010, 12:12 PM
UHF stands for?
UltraHighFrequencies as opposed to VHF or VeryHighFrequencies.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0098546/

aravoth
12-30-2010, 12:20 PM
How dare we deny Islam-ists their rich heritage — killing infidels, enslaving women, and spreading their creed by the sword?

Right there...

I'm getting so tired of the "letz keel all mooslims" crowd. They always use the word "we" like they are the ones fighting the wars, when all they really do is sit on their fat, cheeto stained asses and parrot an even bigger douch bag than themselves on their shitty blogs where other state worshiping window-lickers can cheer them on with assinine comments and political buzzwords.

guitarlifter
12-30-2010, 12:53 PM
I guess no one bothered to tell this genius that heroin, cocaine, and prostitution WERE ALL LEGAL when the Constitution was written (and for a long time thereafter)?

I guess no one bothered to also tell this genius that the government was created to protect all rights and not to be the moral police, thus meaning that having all drugs be legal because the act of taking a drug, regardless of its effect on the person, is consistent with our nation's founding principles. Furthermore, I guess no one bothered to tell this genius that our intervention in Iraq is against our nation's founding principles and that there is proof from KSM himself as well as other al-Qaeda members to prove that the terrorist attacks were blow back.

AGRP
12-30-2010, 01:13 PM
A neocon shill throws a temper tantrum over Ron Paul? I'm shocked.

Heimdallr
12-30-2010, 01:24 PM
A neocon shill throws a temper tantrum over Ron Paul? I'm shocked.

He's not a neocon. He's a misguided paleocon.

The thing is, all the "conservative" viewpoints (or, the vast majority, at least) are things we and Ron Paul believe in, but for some reason he interprets it differently. For example, I support conservative, "family values", but I don't support spreading the love through the barrel of a gun.

Theocrat
12-30-2010, 01:42 PM
It sounds like Mike Huckabee has a friend in CPAC...

freshjiva
12-30-2010, 02:35 PM
Right there...

I'm getting so tired of the "letz keel all mooslims" crowd. They always use the word "we" like they are the ones fighting the wars, when all they really do is sit on their fat, cheeto stained asses and parrot an even bigger douch bag than themselves on their shitty blogs where other state worshiping window-lickers can cheer them on with assinine comments and political buzzwords.

You should've been at CPAC last year. The neocons had an entire anti-Islam Panel in which a bunch of speakers did nothing but bash the Muslim world for an entire hour.

Meanwhile, C4L/YAL held a counter Anti-War Panel :)

Anti Federalist
12-30-2010, 02:55 PM
UHF stands for?

Oh gawd, did that make me feel old.

Fuck sakes...

TV's with knobs that you had to turn by hand...oh the horror.

Anti Federalist
12-30-2010, 02:56 PM
Right there...

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2528/4081119635_6a0c7e4c9d.jpg

low preference guy
12-30-2010, 03:02 PM
nice

Sola_Fide
12-30-2010, 03:29 PM
While I want Ron to win, part of me says it is more likely Rand will win in 2016 than that Ron will win the nomination this year, given the long term demonization of Ron that keeps some from impartially looking into him, to begin with.

I think you are right Sailingaway.

I believe Rand Paul will be president one day (pre or post economic meltdown).