PDA

View Full Version : Tea Party Group Reveals Republican Targets For 2012: Lugar, Hatch, Snowe, Brown and Corker

RonPaulFanInGA
12-29-2010, 08:22 PM
http://www.rttnews.com/ArticleView.aspx?Id=1514850

A prominent Tea Party group sent a message to members on Monday identifying five current Republican Senators that they intend to target in 2012.

Tea Party Nation named Sens. Dick Lugar, R-Ind., Orrin Hatch, R-Utah, Olympia Snowe, R-Maine, Scott Brown, R-Mass., and Bob Corker, R-Tenn., as Republicans that need to be sent into retirement, accusing them of being Republicans In Name Only, or RINOs.

The message cited Lugar's vote against a ban on earmarks as well as a his votes in favor of the DREAM Act and the START Treaty. Hatch was also criticized for being a "pork king" and a co-sponsor of the DREAM Act, which would have provided a path to citizenship for certain young illegal immigrants.

Tea Party Nation blasted Snowe for her votes in favor of the health care reform bill, the START Treaty, and the repeal of "Don't Ask, Don't Tell," while the group called Brown " the biggest disappointment of the last year."

Judson Phillips, the founder of Tea Party Nation, said Corker is the group's top target, because he "has done many things to sell out the conservative Tennesseans who put him in office."

"The good news for 2012 is that so many liberals are up for reelection, Republicans are guaranteed control of the Senate and we do not have to pinch our noses this time and support a RINO to prevent liberal control of the Senate," Phillips said.

low preference guy
12-29-2010, 08:24 PM
i wish they would focus on economic issues.

KCIndy
12-29-2010, 08:39 PM
I'll help 'em with Lugar... :)

sailingaway
12-29-2010, 08:41 PM
What we need are good replacement candidates. Find the best candidates and challenge the dems in blue districts.

klamath
12-29-2010, 09:21 PM
I really thing the tea pot has run out of steam. The pathetic performance of the senate teapartiers shut down a lot of energy.

libertybrewcity
12-29-2010, 09:33 PM
I really thing the tea pot has run out of steam. The pathetic performance of the senate teapartiers shut down a lot of energy.

the money will keep flowing though. any republican would have lost in the states that the tea party candidates lost in. (california, washington, connecticut, nevada...) These states are liberal already.

I think that giving Brown a primary would a waste of resources. The dems will probably win it anyways.

I would like to see them primary Kyl in AZ, Hutchinson in TX, and Ensign in NV. They all need to go.

low preference guy
12-29-2010, 09:50 PM
Ensign was among the only 37 who voted for a real audit of the fed in the senate, to restore the audit part of the bill after it was watered down.

http://fedupbook.com/blog/federal-reserve/senate-shoots-down-vitter-amendment-vote-the-bums-out/

there are a lot of people who deserve to be primaried a lot more than ensign.

Brett85
12-29-2010, 09:59 PM
the money will keep flowing though. any republican would have lost in the states that the tea party candidates lost in. (california, washington, connecticut, nevada...) These states are liberal already.

I think that giving Brown a primary would a waste of resources. The dems will probably win it anyways.

I would like to see them primary Kyl in AZ, Hutchinson in TX, and Ensign in NV. They all need to go.

Why Ensign? He's been fairly libertarian. He voted to repeal the DADT policy.

Sola_Fide
12-29-2010, 10:10 PM
Lugar is the worst!

Matt Collins
12-29-2010, 10:40 PM
This is already posted here:
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?274101-Tea-Party-Coming-After-Senator-Bob-Corker!&highlight=corker

Kregisen
12-29-2010, 10:46 PM

Yes, Arizona's two senators are two of the worst Republicans in the nation. Kyl and McCain are HORRIBLE. On every single issue, atleast ONE of them will take the big-government stance. Fucking ridiculous.

cindy25
12-29-2010, 10:59 PM
Brown has a chance to hold the seat, so leave him be. for now

Hatch and Corker should be easy targets, and safe seats whoever wins a primary. Lugar probably won't run.

Brett85
12-29-2010, 11:00 PM
Yes, Arizona's two senators are two of the worst Republicans in the nation. Kyl and McCain are HORRIBLE. On every single issue, atleast ONE of them will take the big-government stance. Fucking ridiculous.

Kyl at least did a good job of opposing the sovereignty usurping Start Treaty.

silentshout
12-29-2010, 11:33 PM
Haha about Brown. I thought they were excited about him at one time? A tea party candidate (of the current incarnation of the tea party..war drum banging and enforcing social conservatism) would never win in MA.

jmdrake
12-30-2010, 06:17 AM
Yes! Let's get rid of Bailout Bob Corker! My only disappointment is that Lindsay Graham isn't on the list. What's up with that?

MRoCkEd
12-30-2010, 06:19 AM
Yes! Let's get rid of Bailout Bob Corker! My only disappointment is that Lindsay Graham isn't on the list. What's up with that?
He's not up until 2014

james1906
12-30-2010, 06:44 AM
http://chaffetz.house.gov/contact/write-or-phone-my-offices.shtml

Contact info for Jason Chaffetz. Tell him to run against Hatch!

For Corker, I already endorse Matt Collins' run in the primary against him.

klamath
12-30-2010, 07:11 AM

No they lost is states like Ak,CO, and Nevada. CO and NV are swing states AK is solid republican.

libertarian4321
12-30-2010, 07:25 AM
If Lugar runs, we can say Ron Paul is running as the "youthful alternative candidate!"

jmdrake
12-30-2010, 07:57 AM
He's not up until 2014

Oh. :o Well maybe that's a good thing. We won't be spread too thin.

Matt Collins
12-30-2010, 11:49 AM
For Corker, I already endorse Matt Collins' run in the primary against him.LOL... no... I don't think I'll do that.