PDA

View Full Version : Jim DeMint a bit fired up for Mike Pence for president

Agorism
12-29-2010, 01:34 PM
Link to article (http://cubachi.com/2010/12/29/2012-demint-compliments-pence-says-palin-has-done-more-than-anyone-for-the-gop-since-reagan/)

On Pence, DeMint said:

“Pence would be a great candidate — he’s a good balanced guy, solid conservative, I don’t know if Thune is really thinking about it or not, but we got a good group out there,” DeMint said.

Romulus
12-29-2010, 01:44 PM
*shakes head*

Sola_Fide
12-29-2010, 01:49 PM
On Pence, DeMint said: Indiana Rep. Mike Pence is a potential 2012 candidate, and he has been participating of late in a number of events with DeMint to push forward their conservative policy ideas, and they’ve made joint media appearances as well. Earlier this Congress, the worked on the European Bailout Protection Act and Broadcaster Freedom Act. During the tax debate, the pair pushed lawmakers to make tax cuts permanent. Next year, they’re planning to introduce a flat tax proposal.“Pence would be a great candidate — he’s a good balanced guy, solid conservative, I don’t know if Thune is really thinking about it or not, but we got a good group out there,” DeMint said. As a sitting House member, Pence certainly has a clear shot at winning over many of his colleagues whom he’s served within the chamber, including DeMint.

So...is that an endorsement?

Feeding the Abscess
12-29-2010, 02:04 PM
I hope people finally fall off the DeMint bandwagon after this.

ctiger2
12-29-2010, 02:04 PM
Pence would be Israels #1 choice too.

specsaregood
12-29-2010, 02:05 PM
It makes sense, supposedly he sleeps at the infamous c-street house and is a member of the same cult as Demint. "The Fellowship".
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Fellowship_(Christian_organization)#C_Street

Ya know, the group that "that teaches Washington lawmakers that people chosen for leadership are above morality"

ctiger2
12-29-2010, 02:16 PM
It makes sense, supposedly he sleeps at the infamous c-street house and is a member of the same cult as Demint. "The Fellowship".
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Fellowship_(Christian_organization)#C_Street

Ya know, the group that "that teaches Washington lawmakers that people chosen for leadership are above morality"

These people really live like kings. No wonder they're so jaded.

sailingaway
12-29-2010, 02:16 PM
De Mint said he's not endorsing yet. I think he's just making positive noises about those he is allied with on various issues. No reason to be negative at this point.

If he ends up coming out for Pence I'd be disappointed, though.

Sola_Fide
12-29-2010, 02:50 PM
De Mint said he's not endorsing yet. I think he's just making positive noises about those he is allied with on various issues. No reason to be negative at this point.

Very disappointed...

I know there is always an outside chance that DeMint could buck the mainstream and endorse Ron, but I don't see it happening.

The Tea Parties are still too convinced of morality-statism. And since the Tea Parties are going to be very influential in 12, the eventual nominee will probably to be someone in the mold of Palin/Pence/DeMint.

sailingaway
12-29-2010, 02:52 PM
Very disappointed...

I know there is always an outside chance that DeMint could buck the mainstream and endorse Ron, but I don't see it happening.

The Tea Parties are still too convinced of morality-statism. And since the Tea Parties are going to be very influential in 12, the eventual nominee will probably to be someone in the mold of Palin/Pence/DeMint.

Much as I'd love it, I don't expect him to endorse Ron unless all our dreams come true and Ron becomes the conservative clearly most likely to win. I do hope he'll at least hold off endorsing at all until the results start winnowing the field, though. That is what Freedomworks said they intended to do.

Matt Collins
12-29-2010, 02:56 PM
I don't know anything about Pence to be honest.

Sola_Fide
12-29-2010, 03:12 PM

Nothing to get excited about. In fact, if you like your civil liberties, he would be someone you should fear, I think.

He has been a fixture in the Indiana Tea Parties for a few years. On fiscal policy, he sometimes says some good things. He even talks about returning to constitutionalism: http://blogs.abcnews.com/thenote/2010/11/mike-pence-the-president-should-regard-the-constitution-like-an-obsessed-lover.html

But he is a Israel-first, Big Brother, drug war type Republican, from what I can see.

He is pretty much everything we despise.

Matt Collins
12-29-2010, 03:14 PM
But he is a Israel-first, Big Brother, drug war type Republican, from what I can see.

He is pretty much everything we despise.
Fair enough, can you cite your source or back that up with examples?

Smitty
12-29-2010, 03:21 PM
Jim Demint is a warmonger.

Mike Pence is a warmonger.

They both take their marching orders on foreign policy from the neocons.

Smitty
12-29-2010, 03:24 PM

http://www.aipac.org/about_AIPAC/5968.asp

Representative Mike Pence

"Working with AIPAC has provided me with invaluable insights and information as I work on the difficult issues facing the Middle East and Israel."

Brett85
12-29-2010, 10:06 PM

Why? Demint and Pence are almost identical on the issues.

Brett85
12-29-2010, 10:09 PM
http://www.aipac.org/about_AIPAC/5968.asp

Representative Mike Pence

"Working with AIPAC has provided me with invaluable insights and information as I work on the difficult issues facing the Middle East and Israel."

We have a lot worse foreign policy problems than our relationship with Israel. I don't understand all of the focus on Israel when we should be trying to end the occupations in Iraq and Afghanistan.

RonPaulFanInGA
12-29-2010, 10:34 PM
DeMint is never going to endorse Ron Paul for President because of earmarks anyway.

Feeding the Abscess
12-29-2010, 10:36 PM
We have a lot worse foreign policy problems than our relationship with Israel. I don't understand all of the focus on Israel when we should be trying to end the occupations in Iraq and Afghanistan.

Because those who are the leaders of AIPAC are among those who run our foreign policy.

Feeding the Abscess
12-29-2010, 10:38 PM
DeMint is never going to endorse Ron Paul for President because of earmarks anyway.

And if one had to choose between neo-con stooge and defender of freedom and liberty, DeMint's a stooge. Had I been a resident of SC, I would have voted for Greene over DeMint. Seriously. Screw that guy.

Distinguished Gentleman
12-29-2010, 10:38 PM
I'd just as soon kick Mike Pence in the nuts as vote for him, but he is as about as good as it gets in terms of someone "realistically" winning the presidency.

Such is the futility of Libertarian politics.

Brett85
12-29-2010, 10:49 PM
I'd just as soon kick Mike Pence in the nuts as vote for him, but he is as about as good as it gets in terms of someone "realistically" winning the presidency.

Such is the futility of Libertarian politics.

That's what I've been saying. Pence isn't a libertarian, but he was staunchly opposed to the big government policies of the Bush administration like the bailouts, the Medicare Prescription Drug Bill, the no child left behind act, etc. He's certainly better than the likes of Huckabee, Romney, Gingrich, etc.

cindy25
12-29-2010, 10:53 PM
Pence is becoming the real Manchurian candidate, chosen by mandarins in Tel Aviv.

Sola_Fide
12-29-2010, 11:07 PM

Yeah. Dumb reason. Of all the things we have to worry about, these "fiscal hawks" are worried about earmarks now...

Brett85
12-29-2010, 11:10 PM
Yeah. Dumb reason. Of all the things we have to worry about, these "fiscal hawks" are worried about earmarks now...

I really don't understand Ron's position on this since earmarks are not actually authorized by the Constitution. Local pet projects do not involve interstate commerce in any way.

Sola_Fide
12-29-2010, 11:13 PM
There is a great video of him explaining it. Let me see if I can find it...

silentshout
12-29-2010, 11:28 PM
Very disappointed...

Yes, and then the GOP will lose again. Honestly, that would be fine with me..i would rather have a r dominated congress and a d president, then have a statist neocon/social con with an r congress.

cindy25
12-30-2010, 01:47 AM
I still think a 3rd party anti-war, anti-nafta anti-bailout candidate could win enough states to throw it to the house, and then negotiate a Nick Clegg role; the Vice Presidency with a share of Judges, Cabinet etc.

HOLLYWOOD
12-30-2010, 02:03 AM
We have a lot worse foreign policy problems than our relationship with Israel. I don't understand all of the focus on Israel when we should be trying to end the occupations in Iraq and Afghanistan.Well, let's see, besides Israel creating hatred around the world which is directly reflected in terrorism, this of course is the game plan, funded all by the Washington DC prostitutes, let's look closer at this Psychopathic Pence god.

Pence is a true believer, emotionally addicted to his belief in the sacrosanctness of Israel/AIPAC as an outcome of a visit to Yad Vashem.
Mark Braverman described Yad Vashem as an indoctrination center Israel for American politicians. Take a guess where Marco Rubio just went? Yeap

US Congressmen are trotted to Israel, taken to YV, and administered the injection; thereafter, they are hooked.
Worth noting that AIPAC managed to carve out a special exemption for their activities in taking US legislators on those trips, from the controls on gifts to congressmen.

a. The trips to Israel have to stop, NOW.
b. Israel lobby(S) AIPAC, etc, should come under the same regs as any other lobby for a foreign state — ie. abide by gift limits, register under FORA, National Security Risks, registration of all money movement and contact with all government officials for ANY country within the US.
c. Congress shall make no law — and declare no war — until it has visited the country targeted for harm by the actions of the US government

Here's Mike Pence Praying to his Lord:

YouTube - From Indiana to Israel: Rep. Mike Pence (R-IN) (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y2mCUx5nQu0)

Oh this is an AIPAC winner for Pence: "There's No Humanity Crisis in GAZA"
YouTube - Pence: Turkey Needs To Decide (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Jieu4UbcfQ)

Checkout Mike PENCE defend his Lord's Nuclear Weapons

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h6uvvE3x0l8

Sola_Fide
12-30-2010, 02:13 AM
Pretty damning videos^^^

cindy25
12-30-2010, 04:02 AM

Israel is the reason (one of the reasons anyway) why there are troops in Iraq, Af-Pak, Yemen.
Israel is the excuse for TSA, Patriot act and the rest of the terror measures
Israel is the justification for those promoting involuntary servitude

Sola_Fide
12-30-2010, 04:17 AM
I really don't understand Ron's position on this since earmarks are not actually authorized by the Constitution. Local pet projects do not involve interstate commerce in any way.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zsRHougwe2g

BarryDonegan
12-30-2010, 10:40 PM
So...is that an endorsement?

In the Senate level of politics, that is as far from an endorsement as it gets. All he said was that Mike Pence is a member of the same political party and is a person he is currently staying on good terms with due to his legislative agenda. Then he said that the party needs a "good group" out there, which means it is absolutely not an endorsement.

:)

Sola_Fide
12-30-2010, 10:47 PM
Mmmm Hmmmm.

Hope you're right.

sailingaway
12-31-2010, 09:07 AM
Sorry! wrong thread BUT I posted a on a google search trend thread in Rand's forum a search showing the media is trying to build Pence up, beyond any interest of the google searching public.

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?274292-Tea-Partiers-dominate-2010-Google-search-trends

about the third chart I posted, I think

jtstellar
12-31-2010, 10:53 AM
I hope people finally fall off the DeMint bandwagon after this.

bandwagon as in demint worship or just giving credit where it is due such as issues on the fed

Sola_Fide
12-31-2010, 12:26 PM
Sorry! wrong thread BUT I posted a on a google search trend thread in Rand's forum a search showing the media is trying to build Pence up, beyond any interest of the google searching public.

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?274292-Tea-Partiers-dominate-2010-Google-search-trends

Wow.

Eye-opening post.

erowe1
12-31-2010, 12:33 PM

That's why RP always votes No on the bills that have those earmarks in them.

I wonder how many of those Republicans out there who tout their refusal of earmarks have no compunction about voting Yes on the bills that have that stuff in them.

Romulus
12-31-2010, 12:57 PM

So despite the hype, people are not showing interest in Pence at this time. :)

Brett85
12-31-2010, 01:40 PM
That's why RP always votes No on the bills that have those earmarks in them.

And that's why Ron always gets criticized by the right on this issue. Many people see it as hypocritical that he inserts earmarks into bills, and then votes against the bills knowing they will pass anyway. It's hard to defend him against those attacks.

erowe1
12-31-2010, 01:48 PM
And that's why Ron always gets criticized by the right on this issue. Many people see it as hypocritical that he inserts earmarks into bills, and then votes against the bills knowing they will pass anyway. It's hard to defend him against those attacks.

I don't think it's hard to defend at all. It seems like the most logical position to take. It's those who go through the symbolic gesture of refusing earmarks for their own constituents while voting yes on bills that give the same kind of pork to other districts who are being inconsistent. RP's position is the only one that both exercises meaningful opposition to improper spending while at the same time making sure his own constituents don't get screwed into paying for pork for everyone but them. Telling him not to do that would be like telling an American League coach who opposes the designated hitter rule that he's a hypocrite if he uses DH's.

TNforPaul45
12-31-2010, 01:57 PM
You know, Mike Pence would be a great candidate. I remember, one night, as he and I were snuggling in bed, he mentioned to me how we should be in the bag for Isreal, or hell, any other country that isnt a dirty terroriersist country. As i caressed his arm, i responded that i agree and that he should be proud to be the gop candidate. Then we got to talking about Paul Krugman and then we got all worked up and hot for each other. . .

Hmmm...

libertybrewcity
12-31-2010, 06:19 PM
Mike Pence reminds me of a Bush type figure that will come in and win. I hope we can stop him. In all honesty, I don't think he will run for president, yet. He definitely has governor written all over him.

sailingaway
12-31-2010, 08:45 PM
Mike Pence reminds me of a Bush type figure that will come in and win. I hope we can stop him. In all honesty, I don't think he will run for president, yet. He definitely has governor written all over him.

He has boring written all over him. Or governor, I guess. Whichever.