PDA

View Full Version : Official: "Ron Paul Is Too Old To Be President" Thread

Sola_Fide
12-29-2010, 01:19 PM
You know its coming.

The chorus of attacks against Ron's age.

It seems like the opponents of Ron are starting to use this argument like clockwork nowadays...kind of like a way to shut down his ideas.

Let's use this thread to post our arguments against the "age attack" that you know is coming in 2012. It sucks that politics is so devoid of substance, so focused on image, but that is the reality of things. We all need some convincing arguments against this meme. What are some good ones?

Sola_Fide
12-29-2010, 01:23 PM
http://dougwead.wordpress.com/2008/12/01/is-ron-paul-too-old-to-run-for-president/

coastie
12-29-2010, 01:25 PM
Here's a decent breakdown of some "old" leaders from history, could start there I suppose . McCain is only a couple of years younger, are they gonna say the same about him if he runs again?

http://dougwead.wordpress.com/2008/12/01/is-ron-paul-too-old-to-run-for-president/

haha^ aqua beat me to it.:p

Sola_Fide
12-29-2010, 01:27 PM
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?232469-For-those-of-you-who-think-Ron-Paul-is-too-old-to-run-for-President...

Sola_Fide
12-29-2010, 01:28 PM
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=229494

Matt Collins
12-29-2010, 01:29 PM
You beat me too it.

There ya go, that link says everything that needs to be said on the subject.

Sola_Fide
12-29-2010, 01:32 PM
Here are Walter Block's arguments against the age attack:

http://www.lewrockwell.com/blog/lewrw/archives/73809.html

dannno
12-29-2010, 01:33 PM
Ron Paul is probably the healthiest person in all of DC.

jmdrake
12-29-2010, 01:38 PM
At Christmas one of my cousins came to our church. She is 101. She walks with a cane, but when she was recognized by the pastor she stood up on her own. Oh yeah, and she still works. She takes care of another woman who is 96. To her Ron Paul is a young whippersnapper.

Now here's another question. How can we convince the majority of people who are around Ron's age to vote for him? And don't blame them for being "too dumb" to vote for Ron. Most probably know little or nothing about him. We rule the internet. They, by in large, are not on the internet. I say we need to start holding informal political meetings at retirement homes. Any other ideas?

pacelli
12-29-2010, 01:45 PM
Where is the maximum age of the President stated in the Constitution?

No person except a natural born Citizen, or a Citizen of the United States, at the time of the Adoption of this Constitution, shall be eligible to the Office of President; neither shall any Person be eligible to that Office who shall not have attained to the Age of thirty-five Years, and been fourteen Years a Resident within the United States.

sailingaway
12-29-2010, 02:12 PM
Ron Paul's age is nothing next to the drawbacks the other candidates have. It isn't as if we were comparing Ron Paul today to Ron Paul 20 years ago and can have our preference between the two. It is Ron Paul or someone like Romney/Pence/whatever. Ron's age is nothing in comparison to their policies and lack of defense of liberty.

TNforPaul45
12-29-2010, 02:37 PM
Ron Paul has announced that he refuses to use the youth and inexperience of his opponents against them in this presidential race.

Smitty
12-29-2010, 03:11 PM
No one has more respect for Ron Paul than I,...but the situation has progressed too far for anyone to fix simply by virtue of being President.

And to be real about it, the boomer generation, which drives current political trends, will never elect Ron Paul. I'm a member of it, and trust me, the boomer generation doesn't have the frame of reference to deal with what is transpiring in contemporary American society and politics.

The current state of American affairs dictates a severe collapse that will be felt worldwide.

It's time to start preparing for the collapse and bringing the Phoenix back from the ashes,...if it is indeed destined to be brought back.

If it is to be done, those of you in your teens to early 30's will have to do it.

It's well beyond anything that Ron Paul or anyone of his generation can manage.

Sola_Fide
12-29-2010, 03:21 PM
No one has more respect for Ron Paul than I,...but the situation has progressed too far for anyone to fix simply by virtue of being President.

And to be real about it, the boomer generation, which drives current political trends, will never elect Ron Paul. I'm a member of it, and trust me, the boomer generation doesn't have the frame of reference to deal with what is transpiring in contemporary American society and politics.

The current state of American affairs dictates a severe collapse that will be felt worldwide.

It's time to start preparing for the collapse and bringing the Phoenix back from the ashes,...if it is indeed destined to be brought back.

If it is to be done, those of you in your teens to early 30's will have to do it.

Well that's a sobering post...

Smitty
12-29-2010, 03:26 PM
You live in sobering times.

Get used to it.

They won't be going away anytime soon.

aravoth
12-29-2010, 04:34 PM

I hate reality..

That is all.

RileyE104
12-29-2010, 05:04 PM
Daniel Webster ~ Wisdom begins at the end.

Youth has no age. ~ Pablo Picasso

Plus, there's this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fJhCjMfRndk

Philhelm
12-29-2010, 06:19 PM
Aragorn was around Ron Paul's age when he became the King of Gondor.

Bman
12-29-2010, 06:38 PM
Aragorn was around Ron Paul's age when he became the King of Gondor.

No offense to the Doctor but he's looking a bit more like Golem than Aragorn these days.

jtstellar
12-30-2010, 10:31 AM
just name it instead "i would rather have jesse ventura lead the movement" thread. not directed at op, but that's at least what i have come to understand about the closet intentions of those who, instead of wielding such an easily discounted banner, resort to attacking ron paul's age instead.

there are a minor few who want universal health care like ventura and don't understand jack shit about the economy in the movement and just read nutter theories (not conspiracy theories. ron paul gives conspiracy theories that always get vindicated in due time), and then only began to worry about buying silver recently after seeing it hit 30.. i've seen them.

some of them think ron paul is controlled opposition. some think alex jones is (they can't seem to make up their mind who the enemy is).. wikileaks.. you name it. some keep talking about aliens nonstop. ron paul is just not out there enough in their eyes. but if ron paul's off, some runner up much more "out there" could be the default successor. that is likely their logic.

there are even more on dailypaul than here. they're here because there is no place else to go.

Philhelm
12-30-2010, 10:56 AM
No offense to the Doctor but he's looking a bit more like Golem than Aragorn these days.

Wow...that's harsh. Why Gollum, and not Gandalf?

Theocrat
12-30-2010, 11:15 AM
You know its coming.

The chorus of attacks against Ron's age.

It seems like the opponents of Ron are starting to use this argument like clockwork nowadays...kind of like a way to shut down his ideas.

Let's use this thread to post our arguments against the "age attack" that you know is coming in 2012. It sucks that politics is so devoid of substance, so focused on image, but that is the reality of things. We all need some convincing arguments against this meme. What are some good ones?

One of the problems with the argument that "Ron Paul is too old to be President" is that it is a red herring. The age of the person who assumes the office of President has nothing to do with his abilities to execute his duties as President. For the duration of his entire political career, Congressman Paul has been the most principled, most consistent, and most respected statesman in D.C., let alone his strict Constitutional voting record being the best out of any politician in the 20th Century.

Those who would use his age as the litmus test for whether he could be a good President are really grasping at straws because there is nothing else they can find which would disqualify him. In one sense, I see using Congressman Paul's age against him as a personal attack, but that is nothing new to him. For all the personal attacks he has endured over the years, Congressman Paul's platform has been vindicated more and more, to the point where even the media recognizes his prescience and wisdom. It's just unfortunate that we live in a time where emotions and opinions earn more honor than reason and principle.

Congressman Paul's age means nothing because what he's been advocating 30 years ago is still what he stands for presently. And he has been correct in all of his judgments, from domestic policy to foreign policy. It's the younger generation that needs to learn some things by sitting on "Granddaddy Paul's lap" and just listening, instead of trying to take over the "house" in their own folly and failure.

Wesker1982
12-30-2010, 11:20 AM
Ron Paul looks like he is in his mid 60s imo.

Natalie
12-30-2010, 11:29 AM
//

Zap!
12-30-2010, 11:50 AM
Plus, there's this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fJhCjMfRndk

There was no better all-around speaker than Reagan. Obama knows how to talk, but Reagan was far funnier and likable.

ElCount
12-30-2010, 12:01 PM
I even have friends who try to discredit Ron Paul with the same argument.

My counter-argument is usually along the lines of:

"Well your alternative is a president that drops bombs on Pakistani babies. Your alternative for a president is someone who actively steals from babies. Your alternative is a president who sends thousands of U.S. troops overseas to fight in useless wars not giving two damns when hundreds of young men and women come back in body bags every year."

At which point they generally shut the fuck up cause they can't see me on any of the issues.