PDA

View Full Version : Poll: Would you vote for Gov Christie for Prez?

sl7yz0r
12-29-2010, 01:18 AM
Assuming Gov Christie won the Republican Primary,
and assuming Obama won the Democratic Primary...
How would you vote?

cindy25
12-29-2010, 01:39 AM
Christie is fine as a governor, but he is a former fed prosecutor, and has a wife on Wall Street. two strikes.

give him a rubber stamp congress and he would be worse than Bush.

libertarian4321
12-29-2010, 01:42 AM
I don't know much about him. What little I've seen has been good.

I imagine he's no Ron Paul, but he may well be better than Palin, Romney, and whatever other twits the GOP throws up for nomination.

sl7yz0r
12-29-2010, 01:43 AM
I'd vote for Christie because he has taken a firmer stance against taxes and government spending than any other governor in this country. (In Blue NJ!)
The NJ Unions have been relentlessly attacking him because he is actually dealing with the welfare and pension programs putting the state into bankruptcy.
Christie has balls.

I imagine he's no Ron Paul, but he may well be better than Palin, Romney, and whatever other twits the GOP throws up for nomination.
Agreed, FAR better than Palin, Romney, Huckabee and Ginrich, I think Chrstie is a step in our direction.

cindy25
12-29-2010, 01:53 AM
I'd vote for Christie because he has taken a firmer stance against taxes and government spending than any other governor in this country. (In Blue NJ!)
The NJ Unions have been relentlessly attacking him because he is actually dealing with the welfare and pension programs putting the state into bankruptcy.
Christie has balls.

but he also worked for the system as a US Attorney, enforcing the Patriot act, and the IRS; I am all for his breaking the NJ state unions. His tax cutting is great, but he needs to stay in NJ
And his wife worked for Cantor Fitzgerald before 911; she had to know people who died as Cantor was nearly wiped out.
It had to have an influence. I don't think anyone with NYC links to those days can be rational with regard to terrorism, the TSA, foreign policy. Just think of Jon Stewart's rant for 911 first responders.
Truman recognized Israel because his old partner was Jewish. past connections do matter.

Bman
12-29-2010, 01:57 AM
No, I cannot see myself voting for Chris Christie. I certainly think he's a hoot to watch video clips of. I think he may give me a few good chuckles during the debates if he runs. I just think of you stack up his view of government it doesn't match up well with libertarians when it comes to personal liberties. I also think his stance on abortion is a pretty weak pro-life stance, so I'm not sure how he motivates strong pro-life conservatives.

Bman
12-29-2010, 02:01 AM
Christie has balls.

Agreed, FAR better than Palin, Romney, Huckabee and Ginrich, I think Chrstie is a step in our direction.

Dude, Ed Rendell would look like the second coming of Christ in New Jersey. He's not all that special, just very vocal. I have relatives in New Jersey, and while he is more than welcome in that state he has to do a bunch more than fight with Unions to prove he is truly free market, scratch that even pro market.

sl7yz0r
12-29-2010, 02:01 AM
but he also worked for the system as a US Attorney, enforcing the Patriot act, and the IRS; I am all for his breaking the NJ state unions. His tax cutting is great, but he needs to stay in NJ
And his wife worked for Cantor Fitzgerald before 911; she had to know people who died as Cantor was nearly wiped out.
It had to have an influence. I don't think anyone with NYC links to those days can be rational with regard to terrorism, the TSA, foreign policy. Just think of Jon Stewart's rant for 911 first responders.
Truman recognized Israel because his old partner was Jewish. past connections do matter.

I think that the progress that he is willing to make on the economic front outweighs these issues.
While he might support current patriot act and TSA policy, neither Obama or the 4 major GOP front runners would be actually willing to take on the debt and welfare problems of the Country like he has already proven to be so committed to in NJ. And realistically a third party candidate wont actually get elected...
Christie offers an opportunity to actually make economic progress in our direction (for once) and possibly save the nation from hyperinflation and bankruptcy if its not already to late.

He is also a strong defender of the 2nd amendment if I'm not mistaken?

Ekrub
12-29-2010, 02:10 AM
weak on second amendment, pro cap and trade, called Ron Paul an extremist. Nope.

Sola_Fide
12-29-2010, 02:20 AM
Nope.

Ron Paul or third party for me. Gary Johnson doesn't even meet my standards of principle.

Humanae Libertas
12-29-2010, 05:10 AM
Christie is a Bush puppet. That should should pretty much put to end what credibility he had left.

klamath
12-29-2010, 07:10 AM
About as likely as I would vote for gary johnson.

fisharmor
12-29-2010, 08:09 AM
weak on second amendment

Before anyone points out the communation of Brian Aitken's sentence, they should consider
a) the case itself was fraught with procedural violations (like the judge directing the jury not to take the written law into account when deciding) so even if he had killed someone he should still be walking free
b) Aitken is still a felon with an infringed right to bear arms and a future full of not being able to find work.

About as likely as I would vote for gary johnson.

Likewise, which is not likely.

I can't find anything about Christie that makes me think of him anything other than another statist control freak who is simply offering a slightly different flavor of statist control.

I especially like how I'm finding that he's in favor of increased accountability for public schools. Well, genius, the only real accountability for schools is the accountability of competition. Any politician who doesn't know this or ignores it to pander for votes can rely, count, and bank on the fact that they're not getting at least one vote.

Romulus
12-29-2010, 11:25 AM
weak on second amendment, pro cap and trade, called Ron Paul an extremist. Nope.

Given that, no way.

Kotin
12-29-2010, 11:33 AM
I would never vote for him for almost any office.

sailingaway
12-29-2010, 11:35 AM
I don't know. He isn't Ron, but neither is Obama -- that's for sure.

I'd want to know more about him. But from what I am reading here, it isn't likely.

I'll go further and say I am really unlikely to vote for a candidate who is outright disrespectful of Ron, if that part is true. It would mean he and I had a serious disagreement on policy, not to mention on manners.

specsaregood
12-29-2010, 11:47 AM
Christie has balls.

LOL, sure just what we need another president with "balls". But balls to do what? Violate more of our civil liberties? I'd say both Bush and Obama have had plenty of "balls". Just not the kind that benefit the american people.

Christie is good against unions, govt waste/corruption and spending. But he SUCKS on civil liberties! Sorry, but that would be a no vote.
Our way of live is gonna collapse due to spending no matter what, having somebody who is just good on fiscal issues is not worth it. What we need at this point is a reversal of the growth in power of the state into our private lives. In that respect Christie is a total non-starter/failure.

And I say that as an NJ resident that is enjoying having him as governor.

Anti Federalist
12-29-2010, 01:22 PM
I would never vote for him for almost any office.

That ^^^

Good for him that's he's taking on the entrenched interests in corrupt NJ, but that's like shooting tuna fish in a barrel.

And props to him for the Aitken commutation.

But those things alone are not nearly enough for me to vote for him, for reasons people have already listed.

2008 = 2012 for me, I'll write in Ron Paul again if I have to.

Anti Federalist
12-29-2010, 01:23 PM
LOL, sure just what we need another president with "balls". But balls to do what? Violate more of our civil liberties? I'd say both Bush and Obama have had plenty of "balls". Just not the kind that benefit the american people.

Christie is good against unions, govt waste/corruption and spending. But he SUCKS on civil liberties! Sorry, but that would be a no vote.
Our way of live is gonna collapse due to spending no matter what, having somebody who is just good on fiscal issues is not worth it. What we need at this point is a reversal of the growth in power of the state into our private lives. In that respect Christie is a total non-starter/failure.

And I say that as an NJ resident that is enjoying having him as governor.

And that too ^^^^

sl7yz0r
12-29-2010, 01:29 PM
pro cap and trade, called Ron Paul an extremist. Nope.
IF this is true, then I stand corrected...

t0rnado
12-29-2010, 03:06 PM
Chris Christie supports NJ's strict gun laws, wiretapped hundreds of Americans without warrants when he was a US Attorney, and gave his former bosses multi-million dollar contracts. He tried to remove the one Ron Paul Republican we have in the state senate, Michael Doherty, from his committee assignment as well.

Christie is far worse than Obama.

Ekrub
12-29-2010, 03:17 PM
IF this is true, then I stand corrected...

Google Chris Christie cap and trade, there are multiple articles.

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?266340-NJ-Gov.-Chris-Christie-to-Bloomberg-Ron-Paul-is-on-the-EXTREME-RIGHT-WING-of-the-GOP

Smitty
12-29-2010, 03:42 PM
I like Christie's plain talk, but he's on the wrong side of the 2nd amendment,...and that's a major acid test for me.

Besides,..I doubt that he would agree to the conditions of being elected.

johnrocks
12-29-2010, 03:50 PM
Don't know his foreign policy views or many other views so can'y say.

sl7yz0r
12-29-2010, 06:11 PM
Google Chris Christie cap and trade, there are multiple articles.

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?266340-NJ-Gov.-Chris-Christie-to-Bloomberg-Ron-Paul-is-on-the-EXTREME-RIGHT-WING-of-the-GOP

Thanks!