PDA

View Full Version : Chris Liu: I am the YouTube airline pilot

Anti Federalist
12-28-2010, 09:28 PM
I've looked around, can anybody tell me what crime this man is accused of that warrants taking away his state issued CCW?

This fellow needs the full support of the Liberty Community.

Chris Liu: I am the YouTube airline pilot

http://www.news10.net/news/story.aspx?storyid=114138&catid=2

COLFAX, CA - WORLD EXCLUSIVE: The airline pilot who lost his federally-issued gun and badge for posting video on YouTube critical of airport security has chosen to go public with his identity.

"My name is Chris Liu and I'm an airline pilot," Liu said during an exclusive interview Monday with News10 at his home in Colfax.

Liu's cell phone video tour of security at San Francisco International Airport led to a team of six federal agents and sheriff's deputies coming to his home on Dec. 2 to take his handgun and Federal Flight Deck Officer (FFDO) credentials.

Liu's state-issued permit to carry a concealed weapon was also suspended by the Placer County sheriff.

Liu contacted News10 last Tuesday to share his story, but insisted that neither he nor his airline be identified for fear of retaliation.

Liu decided to reveal his identity Monday because he wants to become actively involved in changing what he believes is a major flaw in airport security.

"I just found a disparity between what happens upstairs and what happens downstairs," Liu explained.

As Liu pointed out in the video, pilots and flight crew are subjected to real-time TSA security screening while ground crew are not. "Upstairs they're going through the metal detectors and the X-ray machines, and downstairs they're swiping a card," he said.

News10 established a relationship with the Liu family last July after their rental home in Sacramento's Oak Park was destroyed by an arsonist. Four firefighters were injured when the house exploded.

Although Liu is no longer an FFDO, his flight status with his airline has not changed. Liu's wife, Sandra, said she worries about repercussions from the publicity, but supported her husband's decision to go public.

"I think my husband was very courageous. He did what he believed what right," Sandra said. "It's not all about us. It's about the safety of every American."

coastie
12-28-2010, 09:35 PM
AF- our ESPn must be in perfect sync, I was about to post the same story, with the same question....

james1906
12-28-2010, 09:43 PM
I've looked around, can anybody tell me what crime this man is accused of that warrants taking away his state issued CCW?

Living in California, where guns are a privilege and food stamps are a right.

Anti Federalist
12-28-2010, 09:54 PM
AF- our ESPn must be in perfect sync, I was about to post the same story, with the same question....

Outstanding!

I'd love to hear an answer to it.

What "crime" did this man commit, other than the crime of making the gooferment look like the horse's ass it is?

youngbuck
12-28-2010, 10:17 PM
California is the answer. They don't have shall-issue CCW their, so anytime the sheriff get's a wild hair up his ass he rescind a CCW. Almost certainly the sheriff was pressured to do it by the same people that took his federally issued pistol.

My guess as to what happened is that the Feds, coming to take the federally issued badge and pistol, contacted the sheriff to let him know they were in town. Upon explaining why they were in town, the sheriff like a good little lapdog decided to emulate the feds.

dannno
12-28-2010, 10:57 PM
As Liu pointed out in the video, pilots and flight crew are subjected to real-time TSA security screening while ground crew are not. "Upstairs they're going through the metal detectors and the X-ray machines, and downstairs they're swiping a card," he said.

So tens of thousands of ground crew workers, and I assume it takes a lot of credentials to load a plane up with luggage :rolleyes:, have access to the under-compartment of every flight in the country and don't have to be screened :confused:

In the mean time all the sheople and the pilots get genital gropes or naked pictures?!

Fuck this shit.

dannno
12-28-2010, 11:04 PM
An "arsonist" burned his fucking house down 6 months ago?!

Those damn arsonists always burning shit down for no reason :rolleyes:

Kylie
12-28-2010, 11:15 PM
+ rep for you, Danno!!

dannno
12-29-2010, 12:49 AM
Appreciated.

This is one of the most seriously retarded things I've read in a long time.

Vessol
12-29-2010, 01:02 AM
So tens of thousands of ground crew workers, and I assume it takes a lot of credentials to load a plane up with luggage :rolleyes:, have access to the under-compartment of every flight in the country and don't have to be screened :confused:

In the mean time all the sheople and the pilots get genital gropes or naked pictures?!

Fuck this shit.

Yeah, seriously. If the "terrorists" really wanted to take every commercial plane out of the air, they would've done it a long time ago.

squarepusher
12-29-2010, 01:14 AM
This guy Chris Liu is a pinhead and belongs in jail for jeopardizing national security

Deinonychus
12-29-2010, 01:17 AM
This guy Chris Liu is a pinhead and belongs in jail for jeopardizing national security

Is that you, Bill O'Reilly? :p

squarepusher
12-29-2010, 01:45 AM
Is that you, Bill O'Reilly? :p

oops my cover is blown!

/scurries under cabinets

Philhelm
12-29-2010, 12:32 PM
Why is a law necessary to intimidate American citizens? Those laws (no human could ever possibly know every law) are more like guidelines.

coastie
12-29-2010, 01:21 PM
Why is a law necessary to intimidate American citizens? Those laws (no human could ever possibly know every law) are more like guidelines.

Not only that, but I have other questions besides AF's OP...

1. Aside from the fact that the state is taking his CCW away for a federal thing,

2. This whole story exposes the .gov's ridiculousness...Lemme get this straight, this man points out the security flaws, and so they DISARM him by revoking his Federal Flight Deck Officer status--and allow him to continue to fly? WTF is the sense or logic in that??? Shows what this whole thing is really about.

This is what it's come to...point out the .govs flaws, get disarmed and get your house raided.:mad::mad::mad:

What's next, raids for posting on RPF's?

Krugerrand
12-29-2010, 01:37 PM
~

What's next, raids for posting on RPF's?

YIKES! :eek:

coastie
12-29-2010, 01:42 PM
YIKES! :eek:

Look at the details of this case, and it is not stretch to think that may/could happen.

Anti Federalist
12-29-2010, 04:59 PM
Look at the details of this case, and it is not stretch to think that may/could happen.

If I got arrested at a protest or rally or something like that, I'd be liable to lose my TWIC.

And that would be the end of my career.