PDA

View Full Version : How much donation money do you need in order to attend CPAC? - POST IN HERE

MRoCkEd
12-28-2010, 01:54 PM
Patriots Helping Patriots
http://i.imgur.com/ZWIKN.jpg

CPAC 2011 is our best opportunity to influence the direction of the conservative movement and establish credibility for Ron Paul's 2012 presidential run.

If you can afford to attend, please order your ticket now. (http://www.campaignforliberty.com/event/cpac2011.php)

There are many people who have indicated that while they wish to attend, they lack the financial means to do so.

If this describes you, please post below the minimum amount of money you would need in order to attend CPAC. To help determine this amount, check the prices of C4L's discounted tickets and lodging options here. (http://www.campaignforliberty.com/event/cpac2011.php)

Consider the amount you are able to contribute to the cost, and determine how much remains.

In this thread, post a close estimate of how much donation money you will need to attend. I recommend describing your financial situation in order to remain credible to donors.

Later, I will ask people to create chipins, which I will link to in a new thread, and people with financial abilities can help fill the meters.

Don't be shy! The recession is hurting all of us, and we want to make sure everyone who wants to attend CPAC 2011 does!

speciallyblend
12-28-2010, 04:17 PM
short version of our situation, we lost our cars and house due to corrupt insurance companies and my wife losing her income due to her disability. We had approval letters and my wife had 14 fused vertebrae, after the surgery! The insurance company basically retracted all approvals leaving us 500,000 in debt and we now basically live in a trailer and are trying to rebuild!! My chip in would be strictly used for round trip plane ticket and cpac ticket to attend and Vote for Ron Paul and remind the gop we are voters! If i have any excess donations i will first look at helping rpf members here. If for some reason i cannot raise the amount to go. I will then donate the money to folks who will be able to attend CPAC 2011 in support of paving the road for Ron paul 2012!!

My chipin is below please spread far and wide. We must WIN CPAC 2011, any questions please feel free to ask.

I did not add in food or lodging or transportation or loss of wages!! I hope to find a floor from rpf members and i am ready to eat my hippie granola ok ok i might be eating reese puffs cereal:)

My goal is to Win CPAC 2011 for Ron Paul and i am going to hopefully recruit every cpac attendee to vote for Ron Paul!!

here is my chip in thank you liberty lovers for allowing me to vote for Ron Paul CPAC 2011

http://comtnsradioads.chipin.com/cpac-2011-ron-paul-2012

I would also need a pick up from airport if anyone can come get me;)

Tinnuhana
12-28-2010, 06:45 PM
Thanks for posting this! I just got on line so pardon the question: Is this "Sticky" on the CPAC forum?

speciallyblend
12-28-2010, 07:22 PM
I also want folks to know my chipin total is an estimate for my plane ticket and cpac ticket! When i go to purchase my plane ticket. I will find the best deal that allows me not to lose my second day of work!! Any and all extra money will be given to the next rpf member who needs $$$$$$$$$ to attend CPAC 2011/ . I am paying for transportation cost in dc and food. I hope to find a floor to crash on and will donate what money i do have and can afford to hotel or floor housing;)

ps if i can somehow get my second day off work or at least switch a shift so i do not lose another day. I can go for even cheaper flights leaving more money to help others attend the CPAC 2011.

Matt Collins
12-28-2010, 08:32 PM
I need $450 for everything including travel, hotel, ticket, food. But instead of starting a chip-in and directly asking people for money, I would prefer that those who are already attending would just use my last name "COLLINS" when ordering so that I get the referral.

muzzled dogg
12-28-2010, 08:49 PM
Just a floor to sleep on

FSP-Rebel
12-28-2010, 10:27 PM
Can anyone scoop a few people from Baltimore on the evening of the 9th? Thinking of doing a hotel but would also be open to a floor if someone has available sleeping space. The return flight looks to be mid-afternoon on Sat the 12th in DC. Will pay for pickup, lodgings and dropoff. Just curious at this point.

Vessol
12-28-2010, 11:46 PM
Just a floor to sleep on

This. DC is a 6 hour ride for me. I can also pick up others in NC or Virgina if it's not too much out of the way. I wouldn't mind splitting a room with some RPF members and sleeping on the floor.

speciallyblend
12-29-2010, 12:48 AM
This. DC is a 6 hour ride for me. I can also pick up others in NC or Virgina if it's not too much out of the way. I wouldn't mind splitting a room with some RPF members and sleeping on the floor.

I would be game to , i would need a ride from airport and would be willing to chip in for a floor space or whatever. Hey matt of course i would use your referral when i buy my ticket for cpac!! I could at least chip in 30-50 a night if needed for hotel!!! any extra money from my chip in i would be more then willing to help the next person if needed! Odds are i should have some extra money by then myself!! even willing to share a tent with the shemdogg no cuddling;)

speciallyblend
12-29-2010, 12:51 AM
Just a floor to sleep on

i would be game to share a hotel room;) i will pay my share for sure! i just need a ride from the airport and back!

Vessol
12-29-2010, 01:44 AM
I don't know DC at all(the only other time I've been there was during my 8th grade trip there, lol), so as long as you don't mind me potentially getting lost, I'll be able to pick you up before CPAC and drop you off after at the airport in DC.

speciallyblend
12-29-2010, 02:25 AM
I don't know DC at all(the only other time I've been there was during my 8th grade trip there, lol), so as long as you don't mind me potentially getting lost, I'll be able to pick you up before CPAC and drop you off after at the airport in DC.

i lived in virginia most of my life and have been to dc before! It is a cluster f either way;) you make one wrong turn in dc and you end up in another state! :) I can help with gas for sure! expect traffic delays coming into dc for sure at anytime. I can also pay my part in hotel rooms so if your game on splitting rooms or shaRING WITH SHEMDOGG;) oops caps i would be game!

some of the best moments in our revolution was meeting rpf members at ronstock and going to the rally! I expect the best of times from rpf members! Some of the best folks on Earth!!

nayjevin
12-29-2010, 06:44 AM
Take lots of video - win footage could be excellent for use in viral vids

speciallyblend
12-29-2010, 03:08 PM
Take lots of video - win footage could be excellent for use in viral vids

gonna bring my hd video camera as long as tsa doesn't try to take it(sarcasm i think). I am gonna try to pack one carry on that is it!

my chip in is at 39% :)

Pauls' Revere
12-29-2010, 03:09 PM
This might help someone.

http://www.greyhound.com/

https://www.greyhound.com/farefinder/step2.aspx

Looks like a round trip by bus with an online purchase is just under $450.00 USD.
from San Francisco to Washington D.C. I picked S.F. & D.C. for comparison and a cross country rate.

01:00 AM
Depart: Sat, 02/05 03:00 AM
Arrive: Tue, 02/08 2D, 23H, 0M 4 $434.721 (web fare) or $256.00 (advance purchase)
+ SCHEDULE DETAILS

Wish I had the time to go.

sailingaway
12-29-2010, 03:31 PM
There are a couple of people who posted in a previous thread that they just needed tickets but they haven't posted on this thread yet, nor started a chip in. Here is the prior thread: http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?273931

Vessol
12-29-2010, 04:06 PM
This might help someone.

http://www.greyhound.com/

https://www.greyhound.com/farefinder/step2.aspx

Looks like a round trip by bus with an online purchase is just under $450.00 USD.
from San Francisco to Washington D.C. I picked S.F. & D.C. for comparison and a cross country rate.

01:00 AM
Depart: Sat, 02/05 03:00 AM
Arrive: Tue, 02/08 2D, 23H, 0M 4 $434.721 (web fare) or $256.00 (advance purchase)
+ SCHEDULE DETAILS

Wish I had the time to go.

I seriously have to suggest to not take Greyhound. The one time that I took a Greyhound to a friend, on the way back one of the buses broke down. It ended up messing up my whole route and I didn't get home until 2 days after.
When an airplane is delayed or canceled, they usually work with you to get your connections all in order. Didn't happen with Greyhound, the person at the desk couldn't care less and I ended up calling their main office. Not only that, but unlike being delayed in a airport terminals, Greyhound bus stations are horrible. Every single one I went to was run down, in the middle of a ghetto, and there was no place to get any food.
The buses themselves usually stink, falling apart seats, etc. Way overpriced for what you get. If you have no other choice, bear through it, but try to go any other way. I heard Greyhound was better back in the day, now is not that day.

Captain America
12-29-2010, 04:36 PM
//

speciallyblend
12-29-2010, 05:31 PM
I work with Point of Sale Systems and most of my wage comes from bonus. Its been a very slow year. My trucks engine broke down had to have it rebuilt but since I've been working on fixing my credit i could not get a loan. My boss paid for it in Green Apple which is barter money. They shop charged me double the price of the repairs since it was in green apple and i had no other choice. Ive been paying back my boss each paycheck $200. Then my student loans attached to my check for $112.5 a paycheck, even though i was paying $100 a month they defaulted. Its been a ruff year and I live in Pittsburgh which is close to DC. A friend of mine and I would like to come. From what i figure we need $200 unless we can get some type of discount on a hotel or a floor/shower somewhere.

get your chipin set up asap guys;) i should have some extra in my chipin once i purchase my plane ticket! I also might come into a lil extra money before then and might be able to help you guys myself!!

Tinnuhana
12-29-2010, 07:53 PM
Again suggesting DC area hostels, starting at $29/night.
Also, for those in the Boston area, there is a bus that goes from South Station to NYC daily for $15. Maybe you could car pool down from there. I don't know what chartering a bus costs these days, but we used to get one for Boston to Gettysburg for $1500 round trip. I'm sure that's gone up, but still might interest a large group of people, say from NYC.

Tinnuhana
12-29-2010, 07:55 PM
Maybe the bus line with the cheap seats to NYC would be interested in chartering one ot DC? Can't remember the name right off.

Eric21ND
12-30-2010, 01:49 AM
Last time I was in DC I stayed in Georgetown in the Georgetown Suites.

BamaAla
12-30-2010, 04:45 AM
I need $450 for everything including travel, hotel, ticket, food. But instead of starting a chip-in and directly asking people for money, I would prefer that those who are already attending would just use my last name "COLLINS" when ordering so that I get the referral.

I'm going to buy my ticket later today and will use your name.

I'm going to throw a few dollars at you folks that have set up chipins as well.

Edit: I can pick you up from the airport speciallyblend. Just let me know what time and which one.

GunnyFreedom
12-30-2010, 05:13 AM
I do not know what I will be doing February 10-12, but if I am available I would like to catch a Ronvoy heading north along the East Coast. I want to go to CPAC, and to hopefully get a chance to actually talk to Ron a little bit (instead of posing for 4 official photographs that I never saw lol) about the State House, and what he thinks about coordinating activity between the State and Federal Houses towards restoring the Constitution.

Yieu
12-30-2010, 05:35 AM
I do not know what I will be doing February 10-12, but if I am available I would like to catch a Ronvoy heading north along the East Coast. I want to go to CPAC, and to hopefully get a chance to actually talk to Ron a little bit (instead of posing for 4 official photographs that I never saw lol) about the State House, and what he thinks about coordinating activity between the State and Federal Houses towards restoring the Constitution.

It would be really awesome if he had enough free time to collaborate with you on your legislative agenda and hear his thoughts on it so far, and I'd be interested to see his views on how a liberty candidate would be in a state house. We've seen how he thinks a liberty candidate in the U.S. House would be through his actions, so hearing his personal advice on other offices would be interesting.

sailingaway
12-30-2010, 10:31 AM
We need a consolidation of threads. I'm posting this on every one now, but if we had one 'cheap ideas' thread with the metro rail line (so people could check where hotels are) etc it would be better than four of them. Here is an idea I read on one thread and am posting on the others for people to consider:

Originally Posted by VT_Bircher
Hi folks. I just wanted to let everyone know about an often under-looked route to take for lodging. Along the old highway in Fairfax, Virginia there are numerous run down motor lodges and motels. Yes they are pretty small and cramped but you can get a room with 2 beds for 40 dollars a night at some of them. That's what my College Conservatives club did for cpac last year and it worked out great.

presumably if you pm VT_Bircher he would be able to give you more details.

Matt Collins
12-30-2010, 11:50 AM
I'm going to buy my ticket later today and will use your name. Thanks man, you rock too!

isrow
12-31-2010, 11:24 AM
http://us.megabus.com/Default.aspx has dirt cheap buses, I'm talking <$5. I've heard the service is good, the buses are fairly clean, and there is wifi on the bus.

speciallyblend
01-02-2011, 05:35 PM
bump i am at 45% now, if you know anyone that can help please feel free to pass along and donate thank you kenny

http://comtnsradioads.chipin.com/cpac-2011-ron-paul-2012

speciallyblend
01-03-2011, 12:53 AM
blimpin

speciallyblend
01-03-2011, 06:50 PM
beckin, at 52% now please help and spread!! http://comtnsradioads.chipin.com/cpac-2011-ron-paul-2012

Thomas
01-03-2011, 07:44 PM
bump!

LukeP
01-04-2011, 09:05 PM
beckin, at 52% now please help and spread!! http://comtnsradioads.chipin.com/cpac-2011-ron-paul-2012

Maybe it would help if you removed "but i touched your butt!!!!!" from you signature. No offense but it kind of makes you sounds like a weirdo for people who don't know you.

speciallyblend
01-05-2011, 01:36 AM
Maybe it would help if you removed "but i touched your butt!!!!!" from you signature. No offense but it kind of makes you sounds like a weirdo for people who don't know you.

well it is a movie quote, the fact i am at 56% shows i touched your butt has had no effect!! i wouldn't worry about a sig movie quote:) I would rather be weird then normal:) once i hit my total you will find the quote has had lil effect on my chip in!!! or the news i have to tell once i hit my goal:) it is only on rpf!! anyone going to rpf could be considered a terrorist by us gov standards!!

once you see the movie i got the quote from you will get it:) sincerely weirdo:)

speciallyblend
01-05-2011, 02:04 AM

does that help a lil:) now it has context:)

reduen
01-06-2011, 09:31 AM
does that help a lil:) now it has context:)

Dude.. You made it to 100% !! I went to donate to you and you are already there... Way to go...

liberalnurse
01-06-2011, 12:39 PM
:D
Dude.. You made it to 100% !! I went to donate to you and you are already there... Way to go...

eOs
01-06-2011, 12:40 PM
http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r262/theclencher/dr-evil.jpg

100 MILLION DOLLARS! muaha! muahaha! muahahahahahahahaha!

reduen
01-06-2011, 12:57 PM
http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r262/theclencher/dr-evil.jpg

100 MILLION DOLLARS! muaha! muahaha! muahahahahahahahaha!

Uuuumm, why do I get the feeling that eOs is exaggerating just a little here...?

Plus.... Why will this dang forum not let me post pics when I want too...?

ninepointfive
01-06-2011, 02:40 PM
speciallyblend will not let you guys down! I've seen that dude in action! =)

Yieu
01-07-2011, 06:29 AM
I created a chipin and a thread, they are both in my signature. :)

BamaAla
01-07-2011, 04:01 PM

+1

I just went and found that it was full.

ronaldo23
01-13-2011, 02:03 AM
is the CPAC straw poll voting open to those who attend only? Or is it like an online poll?

Bergie Bergeron
01-13-2011, 09:54 AM
Those who attend only.

sailingaway
01-13-2011, 11:04 AM
+1

I just went and found that it was full.

I did too, but Yieu still needs funds, above....

and someone posted on general politics the other day, I saw it on my phone but when I went back couldn't find it.