PDA

View Full Version : CPac Chip In Suggestions??? Please

speciallyblend
12-28-2010, 11:26 AM
Ok i am wanting to start a chip in but would like rpf members help in how to approach my chip in.

first i am flat broke, i might be able to spend 50-100 bucks on various needs like food.

In making this trip i will lose 2 days of pay at 12 hr that i really cannot afford to lose but if i have to i guess i will:( First i will have to ask for the days off from my boss! Which i will ask today but explain to him i will not need those days off unless i go depending on the chip in! He knows i am a ron paul stalker(meant in the best way):cool::D

My average costs are round trip plane ticket 450 at most i think(southwest non-stop)! If i can fly out(leaving early sunday or late late sat depending on southwest i would only miss one day of work!
Cpac ticket 89 bucks

so far average cost is 550 not counting hotel/transportation but all i need is a floor unless i can get a great deal thru my hotel( i will know more on that this afternoon from boss)! If i can get a good deal on 1-3 rooms thru my hotel then we can pack the liberty folks in:)

now for worst case scenario if i am not able to raise enough thru chip in to go is it legal to say i would donate all the money to a ron paul run or CFL??

I will use the legend as my promo code hehe "the Collins" if i go;) wonder if the collins will sign me haha;) never wash it off:)

suggestions for my chip in? peace kenny ron paul delegate

sailingaway
12-28-2010, 12:05 PM
I haven't researched the 'law' on this, but as a matter of fairness if you say what you will do with the money if you don't get enough, that would work for me. Since what people want is to get votes to CPAC you might say you'd donate to RPF members' of longer than 6 months chip ins to go (some need less money because they can drive) or to C4L asking it be used to subsidize those who want to go.

Kotin
12-28-2010, 12:13 PM
I will for sure donate to your chip in if you start one!!

speciallyblend
12-28-2010, 12:41 PM
ok i know i can get sat off work already asked the boss and since i am always working for others it shouldn't be an issue for them to cover my one shift. I will call southwest soon to see what flights and times they may have so i don't lose my 2nd day of work. I could eat one days pay but is it reasonable to add one day of my pay to my chip in as well to help cover my loss of wages?

current game plan on flight: fly out thursday early morning ,miss sat work, try to see if i can fly back to denver and arrive at work sunday afternoon so i do not miss a 2nd shift or figure out a shift in schedule so i don't have to rush back on sunday and try not to miss a second day of work!! this is do able. I gues the big hurdle is securing the plane ticket before rate increases!!

gonna work on the chip in soon with my wife! I am also djing a new years party in colorado for our cfl state leader Bonnie(she is why i am a registered republican along with some rpf members) :) I am sure she will help spread the info as well:)

undercover hippie at cpac ooo noooose:) (the ponytail republican wing) we could make it a make over trip to hehe. I plan to style/cut my hippie hair and shave ooo nose:) hehe

liberalnurse
12-28-2010, 01:25 PM
I'm in.

MRoCkEd
12-28-2010, 01:32 PM
What I think we should do is start with a thread where we ask people to post how much they need in order to attend. Other people can also post how much in total they are willing to donate. We can then start with the people who require the least amount of money - such as someone who has just enough for transportation and lodging but needs $X more for a ticket - and work our way up.

For example, if 10 people need $100 each, it would be better to satisfy that instead of 4 people who need $250 each.

Some people far away might prefer to help multiple people attend instead of attending themselves.

My thought, though, is that I have an updated list of members and how much $ they need with a link to their chipin, and other generous RPFers can help fill the meters.

Hopefully people will be honest about their needs.

So shall I start that thread?

sailingaway
12-28-2010, 01:35 PM
What I think we should do is start with a thread where we ask people to post how much they need in order to attend. People can also post how much in total they are willing to donate. We can then start with the people who require the least amount of money - such as someone who has just enough for transportation and lodging but needs $X more for a ticket - and work our way up.

For example, if 10 people need $100 each, it would be better to satisfy that instead of 4 people who need $250 each.

It's not perfect as some people would rather donate to different people, but it's worth a shot.

I think each person should be able to say where their money goes, but in general I'd apply mine that way. getting a list of who needs what is a good start. Speciallyblend is a special case, though. I wouldn't post the whole thing but I'd chip in to his. Not sure about the lost pay part though, since as you say, there are some who just need a ticket to go.

speciallyblend
12-28-2010, 01:37 PM
I'm in.

you guys and gals are gonna make me cry:) a good one!!

all i can offer everyone is I will arrive 4 hrs before i have to vote;) and anyone that does chip in to help. you can be assured i will do everything in my power to make your colorado vacation the best summer or winter you ever had in the near future;)

MRoCkEd
12-28-2010, 01:37 PM
I think each person should be able to say where their money goes, but in general I'd apply mine that way. Speciallyblend is a special case, though. I wouldn't post the whole thing but I'd chip in to his. Not sure about the lost pay part though, since as you say, there are some who just need a ticket to go.
Yeah. Here's how I think it should go.

I make a thread asking people to post how much $ they need to attend.

After collecting a list, I ask them to make chipins and make a new thread or update the OP linking to each chipin and updating the amount each requires.

This way, people can see where their money will make the most impact, but also choose who they want to contribute to.

sailingaway
12-28-2010, 01:40 PM
you guys and gals are gonna make me cry:) a good one!!

all i can offer everyone is I will arrive 4 hrs before i have to vote;) and anyone that does chip in to help. you can be assured i will do everything in my power to make your colorado vacation the best summer or winter you ever had in the near future;)

Make sure you know when you have to CHECK IN which might not be when you vote. That is what killed the people who planned to go in New Orleans. Check in ended early.

sailingaway
12-28-2010, 01:40 PM

After collecting a list, I ask them to make chipins and make a new thread or update the OP linking to each chipin and updating the amount each requires.

This way, people can see where their money will make the most impact, but also choose who they want to contribute to.

Perfect.

speciallyblend
12-28-2010, 01:43 PM
What I think we should do is start with a thread where we ask people to post how much they need in order to attend. Other people can also post how much in total they are willing to donate. We can then start with the people who require the least amount of money - such as someone who has just enough for transportation and lodging but needs $X more for a ticket - and work our way up.

Some people far away might prefer to help multiple people attend instead of attending themselves.

My thought, though, is that I have an updated list of members and how much $ they need with a link to their chipin, and other generous RPFers can help fill the meters.

Hopefully people will be honest about their needs.

yes mrocked please make a thread . I will have my chip in up soon and will post on rpf. I really am not going to look at the discount rooms unless some folks on rpf see a need for me to check and book some rooms at the hotel i work for!! I just need a floor to sleep on and some transportation help once in dc. of course all this depends on my chip in!

speciallyblend
12-28-2010, 01:53 PM
Make sure you know when you have to CHECK IN which might not be when you vote. That is what killed the people who planned to go in New Orleans. Check in ended early.

I will be on it;) my goal is the poll and networking with rpf members and republicans and seek out our allies and hopefully make new ones;) I am surely not there to visit dc;) use to live in virginia most of my life!! My first Goal Ron Paul Winning CPAC 2011. Even though folks are gonna help me out. I hope it encourages folks that are closer to dc to attend. If a lil ole undercover hippie from colorado can make it to cpac from colorado to dc. I can only hope it encourages others to go!! I also plan on talking with Bonnie Colorado CFL and hope it motivates some others in colorado to attend as well!!!

speciallyblend
12-28-2010, 02:01 PM
I think each person should be able to say where their money goes, but in general I'd apply mine that way. getting a list of who needs what is a good start. Speciallyblend is a special case, though. I wouldn't post the whole thing but I'd chip in to his. Not sure about the lost pay part though, since as you say, there are some who just need a ticket to go.

yeah that is why i asked you folks! if it is bad taste? let me know but my wife is fully disabled and out of work that is the only reason i was asking! If i have to eat a days pay i will! so the basics for my going is just the plane ticket and cpac ticket. I saw one rpf poster said he had a floor to crash on;) i am in. Even willing to share a tent with shemdog;) i would of shared my tent with shemdog at ronstock but my wife was with me and i sure did not want the pole position hehe;)

MRoCkEd
12-28-2010, 04:28 PM
Ok i am wanting to start a chip in but would like rpf members help in how to approach my chip in.

first i am flat broke, i might be able to spend 50-100 bucks on various needs like food.

In making this trip i will lose 2 days of pay at 12 hr that i really cannot afford to lose but if i have to i guess i will:( First i will have to ask for the days off from my boss! Which i will ask today but explain to him i will not need those days off unless i go depending on the chip in! He knows i am a ron paul stalker(meant in the best way):cool::D

My average costs are round trip plane ticket 450 at most i think(southwest non-stop)! If i can fly out(leaving early sunday or late late sat depending on southwest i would only miss one day of work!
Cpac ticket 89 bucks

so far average cost is 550 not counting hotel/transportation but all i need is a floor unless i can get a great deal thru my hotel( i will know more on that this afternoon from boss)! If i can get a good deal on 1-3 rooms thru my hotel then we can pack the liberty folks in:)

now for worst case scenario if i am not able to raise enough thru chip in to go is it legal to say i would donate all the money to a ron paul run or CFL??

I will use the legend as my promo code hehe "the Collins" if i go;) wonder if the collins will sign me haha;) never wash it off:)

suggestions for my chip in? peace kenny ron paul delegate
$450 seems like a lot for a ticket. You're going from Colorado, right?

You should be able to get under $250. Check http://bing.com/travel.

Kotin
12-28-2010, 05:17 PM

do it!!!

speciallyblend
12-28-2010, 05:29 PM
$450 seems like a lot for a ticket. You're going from Colorado, right?

You should be able to get under $250. Check http://bing.com/travel.

i saw 395 and 415 straight from southwest i said 450 incase rates go up. i cannot afford to have lay-overs or just pick anytime! i have to work until wed night at 11 and then fly out early morning and then as soon as cpac is over fly out late sat or sunday morning to go straight back to work!!! i am sure there will be a lil wiggle room but i cannot afford to miss my sunday shift now if i can get my sunday shift covered then i can look at layovers etc!

like i said any extra money will be given to any rpf member that might need help once i have my ticket secured i also just said 100 instead of the 89 ticket price(cpac) but once again any extra wil be given to the next rpf member needing help!! I am already losing one work day and maybe 2 and i am willing to eat those costs, but knowing the failure of air travel. i am very nervous of layovers unless i can get my 2nd shift of work covered then no rush to get back!

speciallyblend
12-28-2010, 05:36 PM
i just used your link and got around 300 plus with proper times to get me home to work

Matt Collins
12-28-2010, 08:35 PM
first i am flat broke

I feel your pain.

And yes I will let you have your picture taken with me, I'll sign your "Rand Paul Grassroots" poster, or whatever you want (certain restrictions apply lol).