PDA

View Full Version : I hope Sarah Palin Runs and gets in ALL THE DEBATES!!

speciallyblend
12-28-2010, 10:11 AM
At this point she will be DESTROYED IN THE DEBATES and if the republicans nominate her! Then this country deserves obama or palin and the down fall!!

If America hears Ron Paul and then the rest of the biggov republicans and republicans do not nominate Ron paul? Then they deserve to be screwed by the gov and lose all their savings!!

The gop's balls need to be held to the fire or just flat out clipped off!! Ron Paul 2012

Zatch
12-28-2010, 10:23 AM
I don't think she is going to run. Rick Perry is the one we have to worry about. I think she's going to endorse him and he will pick her as his VP if he wins.

Glenn Beck will probably be in the tank for Perry but he'll pretend he's not.

sailingaway
12-28-2010, 10:26 AM
Perry is revolting.

I really think we shouldn't be cutting down Palin, though, we just alienate her supporters. No one who likes Perry is in it for ideology -- they are in it for special interest. That is not true with Palin.

Tonewah
12-28-2010, 10:42 AM
I want to see Gary Johnson and Dr. Paul in the debates, slaughtering the ignorance of the neo-cons. It's harder to gang up on two guys.

I think Romney's the one that will be pushed on us. If Perry is running, he's being very quiet about it. All of the egoists like Perry think about POTUS runs, but I think they watch polling numbers. He'd really be starting to get his face out on national propaganda networks more if he were running, I think, to raise his numbers. I don't think McCain will run, nor do I think Palin will want to run. She might, but only if the numbers are there.

If Perry is running, he may use an Obama-type strategy to wait in the wings, virtually unknown, until the others beat themselves up. Only Perry won't be a 'first' anything, which is what gave Obama his big boost.

One thing is for sure, though, there will be a large field to begin with.

pcosmar
12-28-2010, 10:48 AM
Perry is revolting.

I really think we shouldn't be cutting down Palin, though, we just alienate her supporters. .

So,,
Are we courting the brain dead voters? the MILF fantasy voters? Or the Bomb Bomb Bomb them voters?

sailingaway
12-28-2010, 11:03 AM
So,,
Are we courting the brain dead voters? the MILF fantasy voters? Or the Bomb Bomb Bomb them voters?

A lot of Palin voters consider her a fiscal conservative and a Constitutionalist. I like her myself as a person, and thought she might be viable (after Ron) until she went under Kristol's wing, and MANY of her supporters don't even know what that means. She didn't HAVE a foreign policy as governor. A lot of her supporters are 'America First' types, who are charmed by her personality, independence and states rights federalism.

We don't need to go out of our way to alienate people. With Rand's campaign, we did quite well focusing on the things we have in common with many Palin supporters. There ARE Palin supporters who are hawks to the point of not caring that our deficit is itself a national security issue, but a bunch are people who were just infuriated by Obamacare and the stimulus and bailouts and who weren't following politics enough to be researching those the media called minor candidates. The MSM has not exactly tied our military budget to the deficit crises on the right, you know. Many don't follow politics as closely as we do.

specsaregood
12-28-2010, 11:06 AM
At this point she will be DESTROYED IN THE DEBATES
I think you greatly underestimate her ability to memorize prepared soundbites and the complicity of the MSM to handfeed those bites with scripted questions.

With that said, I don't think she is gonna run, we need to court her supporters and her support as well.

TNforPaul45
12-28-2010, 11:17 AM
At this point she will be DESTROYED IN THE DEBATES and if the republicans nominate her! Then this country deserves obama or palin and the down fall!!

If America hears Ron Paul and then the rest of the biggov republicans and republicans do not nominate Ron paul? Then they deserve to be screwed by the gov and lose all their savings!!

The gop's balls need to be held to the fire or just flat out clipped off!! Ron Paul 2012

She will fail in the debates. The GOP will hear paul and reject him. They will deserve what happens to them. Obama will not win the next election.

Imaginos
12-28-2010, 11:40 AM

qft.

pacelli
12-28-2010, 11:41 AM

The only problem with your theory is that the GOP will allow her to dominate the debate time, so Ron Paul's time gets snubbed (just like it did during the Reagan library debate when he was 1 of 4). We want less big gov republicans in the debates, not more. Otherwise they dominate the time away from RP.

Sola_Fide
12-28-2010, 11:42 AM
My thought is that Palin won't run, but she will throw her weight behind the eventual winner.

I don't see Palin endorsing Romney, Huck, or Gingrich.

I don't think Barbour, Johnson, DeMint, Perry, Jindhal, Thune, etc. will run, or if they do they won't register on the radar.

I think Palin will endorse an outsider like Pence...someone who appeals to the interventionist "fiscal hawk" Tea Partiers.

What I am REALLY interested to see is the dynamic of Rand Paul on Ron's 2012 run. There is an outside chance that Rand could influence the Tea Parties enough to bring them and Palin over to our side. It is a very outside chance but it could happen...

sailingaway
12-28-2010, 11:48 AM
My thought is that Palin won't run, but she will throw her weight behind the eventual winner.

I don't see Palin endorsing Romney, Huck, or Gingrich.

I don't think Barbour, Johnson, DeMint, Perry, Jindhal, Thune, etc. will run, or if they do they won't register on the radar.

I think Palin will endorse an outsider like Pence...someone who appeals to the interventionist "fiscal hawk" Tea Partiers.

What I am REALLY interested to see is the dynamic of Rand Paul on Ron's 2012 run. There is an outside chance that Rand could influence the Tea Parties enough to bring them and Palin over to our side. It is a very outside chance but it could happen...

If she doesn't run, it is a possibility, if our own people will remember how we react to other candidates whose supporters cut down Ron. I would really suggest the few who can see no good in Palin keep it to themselves at least until she decides whether to run. A lot of her SUPPORTERS have cross over issues with us, or should be open to what Ron is saying, assuming they were willing to listen. If they refuse to give R a fair shake because his supporters badmouth SP, we throw away that possibility.

Aratus
12-28-2010, 11:48 AM
i agree in that i do feel ms. sarah palin had better not dodge any potential debates before, during and after SUPER~TUESDAY...

i'm worried that someone like newt gingrich or jeb bush might run and gaet PAC and 527 money, however i want a bowl of popcorn

handy as divine sarah the ex-governor tries to sound more managerial than gentleman mitt romney, as hopefully ron paul decides

to decry the BIG DEBT and our global empire! speciallyblend certainly began this thread with an intense posting i cannot top at all!

Romulus
12-28-2010, 11:55 AM
So,,

That pretty sums up Palin supporters. I'd have a real hard time courting those types... they are in my family, I know them well. And there is NO getting through. When you confront them on the warfare state, they puff up their chest and storm off with their ears covered.

speciallyblend
12-28-2010, 11:59 AM
The only problem with your theory is that the GOP will allow her to dominate the debate time, so Ron Paul's time gets snubbed (just like it did during the Reagan library debate when he was 1 of 4). We want less big gov republicans in the debates, not more. Otherwise they dominate the time away from RP.

i hear ya i will try to be a lil easier on the kate plus 8 fans but palin is nothing but gop establishment backed no matter what she tries to tell folks! For a gop primary and general election i think it is best to call out palin and her biggov ways!! That hopefully wakes up republicans and the general voter! How palin fans can say she is small gov is beyond me and that simple point should be reinforced by every republican especially ron paul republicans!! Palin must be called out while we try to save what lil supporters we can of hers!

"Are we courting the brain dead voters? the MILF fantasy voters? Or the Bomb Bomb Bomb them voters?" The sad state of the gop makes me ask what kinda of palin supporter can be small gov and be converted?? that is the harder question?

i figure the easiest way to make sure palin doesn't run is to sue her a few times. she quit her job once over lawsuits to save money (roll eyes) why not again;)
if she truly wants to save americans money then she shouldn't run:)
i suspect my comment is gonna get attacked from palin supporters in the comment section. I can only hope that opens up debate to bailouts and undeclared wars!!

speciallyblend
12-28-2010, 12:11 PM
i agree in that i do feel ms. sarah palin had better not dodge any potential debates before, during and after SUPER~TUESDAY...

i'm worried that someone like newt gingrich or jeb bush might run and gaet PAC and 527 money, however i want a bowl of popcorn

handy as divine sarah the ex-governor tries to sound more managerial than gentleman mitt romney, as hopefully ron paul decides

to decry the BIG DEBT and our global empire! speciallyblend certainly began this thread with an intense posting i cannot top at all!

hmm sorry if i sounded intense but you know after what has happened to my wife in the last 3 yrs being intense is the least i can do! I am just lucky we have not hit the point of minority report;) (movie) or best buy selling f-18s...

if you could read my mind about how i feel about banks,insurance companies and doctors i would be hung;)

sailingaway
12-28-2010, 12:11 PM
That pretty sums up Palin supporters. I'd have a real hard time courting those types... they are in my family, I know them well. And there is NO getting through. When you confront them on the warfare state, they puff up their chest and storm off with their ears covered.

A certain percentage have just never THOUGHT about the wars/funding/ that we were being manipulated by special interests, not national security interests, etc. Many were just uncritical of the right/media line, they didn't analyze it. For those to whom it is the biggest issue, it is hard to realize a bunch of people simply don't focus outside of the borders of the US because it didn't intrude on their daily lives. They may be open to arguments on OTHER issues that would cause them to support Ron, and pointing out the budgetary issues of thoughtless wars and how it is a trade off for spending here that needs to be done (as Ron does) could be effective. But it won't be if we are seen as always cutting down someone they just really like, as a person. We will close their ears before they even give Ron a chance. And if SP really DOESN'T run, these people will be looking for a candidate, and if you take away foreign policy a lot of the language SP uses is similar to that Ron and Rand use. I don't see people who really like SP going for Romney in a primary.

...ok, I'll get off my soap box now. It just was really effective in Rand's campaign, and while some of that won't be available in a presidential primary, a more friendly attitude might help, imho.

TroySmith
12-28-2010, 12:27 PM
Look at John McCain. He was destroyed in virtually every debate and still ended up as the candidate.

pcosmar
12-28-2010, 12:29 PM
A certain percentage have just never THOUGHT about the wars/funding/ that we were being manipulated by special interests, not national security interests, etc. For those to whom it is the biggest issue, it is hard to realize a bunch of people simply don't focus outside of the borders of the US because it didn't intrude on their daily lives. They may be open to arguments on OTHER issues that would cause them to support Ron, and pointing out the budgetary issues of thoughtless wars and how it is a trade off for spending here that needs to be done (as Ron does) could be effective. But it won't be if we are seen as always cutting down someone they just really like, as a person. We will close their ears before they even give Ron a chance. And if SP really DOESN'T run, these people will be looking for a candidate, and if you take away foreign policy a lot of the language SP uses is similar to that Ron and Rand use. I don't see people who really like SP going for Romney in a primary.

...ok, I'll get off my soap box now. It just was really effective in Rand's campaign, and while some of that won't be available in a presidential primary, a more friendly attitude might help, imho.

So we shouldn't say anything about Huck, cuz he's a preacher. Or about Romney cuz he has nice hair.
:rolleyes:

speciallyblend
12-28-2010, 01:24 PM
If she doesn't run, it is a possibility, if our own people will remember how we react to other candidates whose supporters cut down Ron. I would really suggest the few who can see no good in Palin keep it to themselves at least until she decides whether to run. A lot of her SUPPORTERS have cross over issues with us, or should be open to what Ron is saying, assuming they were willing to listen. If they refuse to give R a fair shake because his supporters badmouth SP, we throw away that possibility.

I will do my best to bite my tongue;) if kenny the hippie can get it why cannot the rest of america? sigh:)

sailingaway
12-28-2010, 01:45 PM
So we shouldn't say anything about Huck, cuz he's a preacher. Or about Romney cuz he has nice hair.
:rolleyes:

I don't see any reason at all to cut people down on a personal basis, actually. I'd debate each of their policies. Romney has Romneycare and Huck has a plethora as well, but I don't see why you want to cut down the personality, if you are trying to persuade their supporters Ron is better. They just tune you out. If someone says 'Ron is a nutjob'.... do you even LISTEN to them after that?

pcosmar
12-28-2010, 01:58 PM
I don't see any reason at all to cut people down on a personal basis, actually. I'd debate each of their policies. Romney has Romneycare and Huck has a plethora as well, but I don't see why you want to cut down the personality, if you are trying to persuade their supporters Ron is better. They just tune you out. If someone says 'Ron is a nutjob'.... do you even LISTEN to them after that?

To be honest. I don't expect much from folks that could vote for either of them. I don't expect to change a mind that has that limited a capacity.

sailingaway
12-28-2010, 02:01 PM
To be honest. I don't expect much from folks that could vote for either of them. I don't expect to change a mind that has that limited a capacity.

Sigh, my point is that calling someone limited in capacity makes them decide you aren't worth listening to. Suppose they simply don't CARE about foreign policy. It doesn't matter how much we know foreign policy is tied to everything else, that is simply where they come from. Suppose they care a WHOLE LOT about the Constitution and just hadn't before recently focused on how it was being trashed and how special interests were being represented in DC, rather than the people? That describes a BUNCH of tea partiers -- many of whom are fond of Sarah because the left media trashes her, and she is spunky.

Politics in general simply hasn't been their thing.

And in a primary where SP isn't, they might well vote for Ron.

speciallyblend
12-28-2010, 02:17 PM
Sigh, my point is that calling someone limited in capacity makes them decide you aren't worth listening to. Suppose they simply don't CARE about foreign policy. It doesn't matter how much we know foreign policy is tied to everything else, that is simply where they come from. Suppose they care a WHOLE LOT about the Constitution and just hadn't before recently focused on how it was being trashed and how special interests were being represented in DC, rather than the people? That describes a BUNCH of tea partiers -- many of whom are fond of Sarah because the left media trashes her, and she is spunky.

I totally understand what your saying. Focus on agreements and move from there!! Play the Game

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6_5O-nUiZ_0

Romulus
12-28-2010, 03:40 PM

I think you and I share the same attitude really. I don't expect much from someone who would consider Palin and the gang. From my experience, they support them because of their 'tough talk' on foreign policy or for their open faith. It doesn't mean that I'm going to be rude to them, its just a matter of capacity for them. You can explain things, but you can't make them understand it. I will still focus on agreements, but at least try to challenge them on other matters.

They will support RP when it comes to keep Obama out of office though.

speciallyblend
12-28-2010, 04:02 PM
I think you and I share the same attitude really. I don't expect much from someone who would consider Palin and the gang. From my experience, they support them because of their 'tough talk' on foreign policy or for their open faith. It doesn't mean that I'm going to be rude to them, its just a matter of capacity for them. You can explain things, but you can't make them understand it. I will still focus on agreements, but at least try to challenge them on other matters.

i hear ya but hey if i can become a republican;) Then we might be able to save a few palin souls!!

ClayTrainor
12-28-2010, 04:05 PM

You sure about that? Ron Paul wants to end the occupations and scale down the American empire asap. Something tells me your average Sarah Palin fan would have an easier time voting for Obamas "Nobel Peace Prize" winning foreign policy. lol.

BamaAla
12-28-2010, 04:37 PM

I wasn't a Ron Paul supporter until early 2009. I was finally turned on to him because of a series of conversations with someone who was thoughtful and insightful like yourself. My mother always said "you catch more flies with honey than vinegar."

People like you were the reason that I did not come around to Ron Paul before the election. I wonder how many other people have been turned off by the Ron Paul supporters with shitty 'I'm better than you' attitudes that many display?

acptulsa
12-28-2010, 04:48 PM
So,,

Lotta electoral votes in Texas.

*glances around* Who said that?

TheDriver
12-28-2010, 05:04 PM
So,,

LOL!

And, which, if any, of these three groups will think Palin "lost" any debate? LOL!

MN Patriot
12-28-2010, 06:10 PM
Ron Paul will be 77 years old in 2012. He might not want to run for president again.

libertybrewcity
12-28-2010, 06:30 PM
So,,

all of them. we need them to win.

libertybrewcity
12-28-2010, 06:30 PM
LOL!

And, which, if any, of these three groups will think Palin "lost" any debate? LOL!

we are hoping all of them. people are beginning to wake up. with some mainstream coverage and some education, people will see. i have some faith!

charrob
12-28-2010, 06:41 PM
I hope Sarah Palin Runs and gets in ALL THE DEBATES!!

...agreed- late night comedy will be great- bring out the popcorn!

Tinnuhana
12-28-2010, 07:04 PM
Can we prioritize/rank the major issues in which Palin supporters agree with us? That would help some newer members for discussion starters. I have a great hand-out from C4L I use with Democrats about supporting Obama's promise of transparency by auditing the Fed. And some, like Ed Schultz, have a "love affair" with Alan Grayson, so I use that, and eventually come around to getting them to read and watch Schiff, since Grayson invests through EuroPacific. I'm sure we can do likewise with Palin supporters. Maybe donate some tickets to local Palin groups for some C4L or Mises seminars.

american.swan
12-28-2010, 07:22 PM
PALIN

MUST READMUST READMUST READMUST READMUST READMUST READMUST READMUST READMUST READMUST READMUST READMUST READ

http://www.gregpalast.com/emperor-hickel-the-man-who-invented-alaska-and-sarah-palin/

TheTyke
12-28-2010, 09:18 PM
I absolutely agree with what Sailingaway is saying. Is there even a single one of us who would end up supporting someone who attacked Ron Paul? Instead, we'd dislike them even more and never support them!

To win an election, we need to WIN PEOPLE OVER - not drive them away. We do this by point out what's good about Ron. If there is criticism of other candidates, it needs to be delivered gently. My instinct whenever Perry, Pince, Palin, Gingrich etc. is mentioned is to point out all the terrible things they've done and why they're part of the problem. But if someone supports them, this is NOT the way to win them over. It's really hard to hold myself in check, but it must be done.

This movement has to learn that fast. Acting superior and calling people sheeple, idiots or hopeless only strokes our own egos and is counterproductive. It is good that we keep careful track of these politicians and don't forget whose side they are on, and what principles we believe in. This motivates us and gives us a course for the future. But if we want Ron to win, we will put that on the back burner, and spend most of our time agreeing with people where we can...

cindy25
12-28-2010, 11:33 PM
Palin voters are not debate watchers. she could skip the primary debates, saying not all candidates were invited

she has her base.

Perry won't be running. the MSM want Christie or Pence, probably a Christie/Pence ticket. or Jeb/Pence, or Christie/Rubio.

Palin would never run for VP. did that, made her a ton of money; she has to run for pres or nothing

Natalie
12-29-2010, 12:46 AM
//

pacelli
12-29-2010, 06:44 AM
PALIN

MUST READMUST READMUST READMUST READMUST READMUST READMUST READMUST READMUST READMUST READMUST READMUST READ

http://www.gregpalast.com/emperor-hickel-the-man-who-invented-alaska-and-sarah-palin/

You're generally not the fire alarm puller, so I knew that article was important to read. All I can say is, Wow. That adds a completely new level of complexity to the Palin situation. Thanks for the link.

speciallyblend
12-29-2010, 06:55 AM
You're generally not the fire alarm puller, so I knew that article was important to read. All I can say is, Wow. That adds a completely new level of complexity to the Palin situation. Thanks for the link.

yeah i had to read the link once i saw you had quoted it. i must of missed the post.

Aratus
12-29-2010, 11:37 AM
PALIN

yeah i had to read the link once i saw you had quoted it. i must of missed the post.

ole huey long is an admirable point of comparison. wally hickel could have run for president
in a more honest and open age and won for he was well thought of!!! as governor in 1968
he appointed ted stevens to a vacancy in the senate. sen. ted stevens only recently retired
under a cloud and then had a very sad and slightly suspicious plane accident. we often see
the noble intentions of reformers get corrupted by corporate interests. ex-gov wally hickel
in later years was said to have encouraged if not egged on the ALASKA INDEPENDENCE PARTY.
sarah palin most politically began her rise to notoriety near the group known for their activism!