PDA

View Full Version : Why can't people get this worked up and think this clearly about stuff that REALLY matter?

Anti Federalist
12-28-2010, 12:39 AM
The following is an article full of outrage at "safety uber alles", wimpiness, lack of fortitude and braving risk.

About a football game...

NOT about getting groped by government goons at the airport,
NOT about undeclared, unknown wars killing hundreds of thousands of people,
NOT about militarized cops blowing unarmed people away on almost a daily basis...

Nope, no outrage about any of that, or a million other "deaths by a thousand cuts" that freedom and liberty is suffering from.

Just outrage that a fucking ball game wasn't played in the bad weather.

The Wimps Who Stole Christmas

By Will Bunch
Philadelphia Daily News

THERE IS NOTHING more magical than football in the snow.

If you grew up anywhere in the wintry half of this country, you probably have fond memories of hiking up your snow pants and sloshing around with your buddies and your Pete Rozelle-signed football in the backyard drifts - and the only thing that comes a close second to playing football in the snow is watching a classic NFL matchup in a furious downpour of the white stuff.

In 1948, the Eagles won an NFL championship at Shibe Park in a raging blizzard, a game that was never forgotten by the 36,309 die-hards who didn't think twice about braving those conditions to watch history in the making. Then there was the "Snow-Plow" game in New England and the Pats' memorable playoff victory over Oakland in a snowstorm years later, and the frigid 1967 Ice Bowl in Green Bay. To paraphrase Frank Capra this Christmas season, for a true football fan it would not have been as wonderful a life had those remarkable games never been born.

That's why the decision by the NFL and the Eagles, with input from the city of Philadelphia, to postpone last night's game because of a snowstorm that isn't really all that (we might get 11 inches in the city - not exactly Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer territory, not even close) is more than downright disappointing.

This is the height of wimpiness, and the girly-men who made this sad decision should be ashamed of themselves. The NFL has been rightfully called the No Fun League for a number of years, but this takes that to a whole embarrassing new level. In fact, let's name names here: NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell, Eagles' owner Jeff Lurie and president Joe Banner, and Mayor Nutter - you are the Wimps Who Stole Christmas from football fans in Philadelphia.

Read more: http://www.philly.com/dailynews/local/20101227_The_Wimps_Who_Stole_Christmas.html#ixzz19 NzOjvvV
Watch sports videos you won't find anywhere else

Noob
12-28-2010, 03:40 AM
I bet they would when they put the body scanners at the arenas, and they would have to go throw gun style background checks to buy tickets.

akforme
12-28-2010, 04:37 AM
I've come to the conclusion we're screwed. Not because of government but because of peoples lack of interest in this. I talk to smart good people who have no grasp of the situation we're in and when you try and tell them they seem to shut down because they don't want to think about it. My family thinks I'm nuts but my investments have doubled and my biz that sells middle class luxury items has stayed afloat while my sister with a masters degree in economics no less had to move back home at 39.

coastie
12-28-2010, 06:16 AM
I've come to the conclusion we're screwed. Not because of government but because of peoples lack of interest in this. I talk to smart good people who have no grasp of the situation we're in and when you try and tell them they seem to shut down because they don't want to think about it. My family thinks I'm nuts but my investments have doubled and my biz that sells middle class luxury items has stayed afloat while my sister with a masters degree in economics no less had to move back home at 39.

^^this

The plan has been executed flawlessly....I've pretty much dropped off the radar now, as these people will also turn you in when it comes time...

Be prepared, it's gonna get interesting.

roho76
12-28-2010, 06:27 AM

You're absolutely right. Even the ones who agree can't hang on for long. They eventually want to stop taking about it and quickly return to la la land.

brandon
12-28-2010, 06:35 AM
I posted this to my facebook yesterday morning. It really pisses me off. I woke up Sunday morning and the first thing I thought about was how excited I was to watch the Eagles game in the snow storm. Fucking pussies couldn't handle a couple inches.

At least some people are getting mad about something. The people that really should scare you are the ones who "understand the game had to be canceled so no one got hurt"

SpiritOf1776_J4
12-28-2010, 07:35 AM
^^this

The plan has been executed flawlessly....I've pretty much dropped off the radar now, as these people will also turn you in when it comes time...

Be prepared, it's gonna get interesting.

What plan? This is pure ignorance. Destroying stuff is easy, by being an idiot. Show me one thing that isn't the logical consequence of not thinking by the vast majority of people? Plan?? Money grows on trees. We don't need guns or grand juries, cops will take care of us, prosecutors will take care of us.

Pure ignorance. Show me one thing that requires intelligence to explain it. All this stuff was predictable 20 years ago if people wouldn't take responsibility for their government and act intelligent. This isn't a secret plan - this is decadence. Not intelligence - ignorance.

fisharmor
12-28-2010, 07:42 AM
Oh, man how I love sports fans....

THERE IS NOTHING more magical than football in the snow.

It sure sounds to me like someone has never gotten laid before.

Son of Detroit
12-28-2010, 09:49 AM
He's a sports writer. That's his job.

angelatc
12-28-2010, 10:03 AM

That's sums it up.

Anti Federalist
12-28-2010, 10:10 AM

If that was all there was to it, I'd agree.

But he made the point that, when it comes to more important stuff, he agrees with the regulations and safety nonsense.

Just don't fuck with his beloved ball game.

You know, a term that gets used a lot in the great political debate - overused, in my opinion - is whether America has become "a nanny state." Usually I'm on the other side (like when it comes to health care, in which . . . oh, never mind),

agitator
12-28-2010, 10:52 AM
What time does the game start tonight? Don't want to miss the Kickoff!!

TNforPaul45
12-28-2010, 11:22 AM
IT IS MAGICAL to see General George Washington securing our rights in the snow.

Romulus
12-28-2010, 11:47 AM

You're absolutely right. Even the ones who agree can't hang on for long. They eventually want to stop taking about it and quickly return to la la land.

Right on both accounts... I run across seemingly intelligent people often, who really haven't a clue. I'm afraid to ask them what the Federal Reserve is out of being embarrassed for them.

Mentally we are VERY much a nanny state. Folks, no matter how smart just want their 'mommy'.

cindy25
12-28-2010, 09:50 PM
football is the modern day Roman circus. and postponing it did effect people's schedules (millions watch it on TV)

the TSA only effects people flying that day, the wars only directly effect military families who are all volunteers, but football/TV in general and basic economic issues such as the price of gas, etc effect people every week

this is the example of why Palin is successful.

speciallyblend
12-29-2010, 03:00 AM
Right on both accounts... I run across seemingly intelligent people often, who really haven't a clue. I'm afraid to ask them what the Federal Reserve is out of being embarrassed for them.

Mentally we are VERY much a nanny state. Folks, no matter how smart just want their 'mommy'.

you know i might not be the smartest camper out there;) but if i can get it why the f can't they get it!!! shakes my head!!