PDA

View Full Version : Husband beaten up by cops in his own yard; wife films

SpiritOf1776_J4
12-27-2010, 10:53 PM
"He said the woman's original video, later taken down, said "This is a video that I took of my husband being wrongfully accused and detained. They originally came because someone wrongfully accused my husband of firing a crossbow in our yard (crossbows are legal in our state). He told them he was not firing a crossbow and there was not a crossbow outside or any evidence of one being outside. The police asked him for ID and he refused on grounds that he wasn't doing anything to facilitate them asking for ID. Next thing he knew the police jumped him, then the police tripped over our steps and crashed through a wooden fence which injured the officers hand. They slammed my husbands head against my front door, breaking my door (I can't even shut it properly now and have to replace it) and sprayed him with mace and started beating the crap out of him. All of a sudden my husband is being charged with assault on an officer?! SOMETHING IS WRONG HERE!!!!!"

Continued:
http://www.wnd.com/index.php?fa=PAGE.view&pageId=244749

---------------

This will continue to happen because the police power - having elected sherieffs or elected police chiefs, recallable at a moments notice, and the investigative power - grand juries of citizens, have been completely corrupted in secret.

The normal solution in traditional America - citizens fire police chief immediatly, cops are suspended awaiting indictment, a new election for town sheriff takes place and the local grand jury investigates and presents criminal charges (it looks like a whole bunch of them) against the police involved - *if* it seems probable they are guilty; a video is pretty strong evidence of that.

Elected law enforcement and citizen grand juries have been poisoned in this country, and that is why all these problems are occuring. There is no recourse for citizens if these two things aren't under control of citizens. They have both been subverted.

(law enforcement should be called peace officers btw).

Chester Copperpot
12-27-2010, 11:07 PM
I saw the video of this the other day.. and evidently the wife implies the husband was using a bow and arrow for target practice in the yard...

IMO the guy shouldnt have copped an attitude with the cops. I mean these people are human too.. if you get shitty with them for no reason they get shitty back..

If the guy WASNT firing at targets it would be one thing but he was.

SpiritOf1776_J4
12-27-2010, 11:09 PM
I saw the video of this the other day.. and evidently the wife implies the husband was using a bow and arrow for target practice in the yard...

IMO the guy shouldnt have copped an attitude with the cops. I mean these people are human too.. if you get shitty with them for no reason they get shitty back..

If the guy WASNT firing at targets it would be one thing but he was.

Was the attitude I am a free American and you have no right?

Being human and being American are two different things.

Bruno
12-27-2010, 11:10 PM
I often wonder how our police would behave if we had never had a War on Drugs People.

SpiritOf1776_J4
12-27-2010, 11:16 PM
I often wonder how our police would behave if we had never had a War on Drugs People.

I think a lot of this traces back to the 70s. At that time phoney conservatives were calling for "zero tolerance" and more punishment, both of which violated biblical principles - ie patience, the punishment fits the crime, and mercy. At the same time, the marxists which took over our colleges in the 60s were sending out their first trained recruits into the job market in the 70s - our lower level schools, where they trained a generation to get used to being slavish.

fisharmor
12-28-2010, 08:00 AM

Please elaborate.
You should probably start by pointing out where in the US Constitution or Declaration of Independence you got the idea that US citizens have rights and non citizens do not.
If you make a compelling case, then I know plenty of non citizens I can enslave, and I'll never have to work again!
Unless you count the beatings, that is.

kahless
12-28-2010, 09:47 AM
Ok, so he should not have been using a cross bow in such close proximity to other trailers but unless he attacked them the force used against him was completely unnecessary. He was told by the police about the cross bow which was no longer visible and therefore no longer a threat to others. The goons then intimidate this woman and cease this woman's house! The cops should be suspended without pay, prosecuted for battery against this man and fined for violating this couples rights.

pcosmar
12-28-2010, 10:23 AM
I find NOTHING about anyone being shot by a crossbow. Nor any damage done

Oh, that's right. A nosy butinski neighbor called about something they didn't like that was doing them NO HARM.

I have seen this before. Way too often.

:mad:

Chester Copperpot
12-28-2010, 10:32 AM

There are ways to talk to people. The wife is not really articulating herself as well as she should be IMO. Im sure the husband had a similar problem.. That being said, I think its totally wrong for the cops to seize somebodys' house. But at what point of crossing the line of probable cause do you stop being angry and screaming and start being concilliatory?

angelatc
12-28-2010, 10:49 AM

Oh, that's right. A nosy butinski neighbor called about something they didn't like that was doing them NO HARM.

Yep. ANd you're old enough to remember when the cops would have pulled up, asked if he was shooting, then (not caring if he said "yes" or "no") told him it was illegal and he needed to knock it off. Officers would then drive away, cruise past again in a half hour or so to be sure he wasn't shooting again, then gone off to the doughnut shop. Problem solved.

And in the era before that, the neighbor would have come out, looked you in the eye, and asked you to stop.

Dr.3D
12-28-2010, 11:18 AM
Yep. ANd you're old enough to remember when the cops would have pulled up, asked if he was shooting, then (not caring if he said "yes" or "no") told him it was illegal and he needed to knock it off. Officers would then drive away, cruise past again in a half hour or so to be sure he wasn't shooting again, then gone off to the doughnut shop. Problem solved.

And in the era before that, the neighbor would have come out, looked you in the eye, and asked you to stop.
These days, they are wimps and don't want to get involved. As far as I'm concerned, the cops shouldn't even come out to a call if the person who made the complaint won't agree to let their neighbor know who is complaining. I always understood one should be able to confront their accusers, but these days, it's the busybodies that get all of the rest of the people screwed by the cops.

amy31416
12-28-2010, 11:40 AM
These days, they are wimps and don't want to get involved. As far as I'm concerned, the cops shouldn't even come out to a call if the person who made the complaint won't agree to let their neighbor know who is complaining. I always understood one should be able to confront their accusers, but these days, it's the busybodies that get all of the rest of the people screwed by the cops.

And justify the existence of more cops, with more expensive equipment and training to move farther and farther away from being "peace" officers. The more a gov't service is used, the more funding they are likely to get, and the more opportunities for corruption--that seems to be the way that most gov't organizations grow. Even the usually benign libraries, arts organizations, etc.

coastie
12-28-2010, 12:19 PM

+2012

I consider myself lucky, because I live in one of the few neighborhoods left in the world that this actually still happens...Most of us are all about handling it ourselves with no cops involved, that always leads to more trouble than necessary.

The cops have actually been "shoo'd off" out of our neighborhood, my old 80 yr old neighbor can be quite the bitch when they come around, she hates them.:D Very rare is it to see one in our neighborhood.

Chester Copperpot
12-28-2010, 12:20 PM

Yeah that would have made alot more sense.

Anti Federalist
12-28-2010, 12:25 PM
Very rare is it to see one in our neighborhood.

I solved that problem by not living in a neighborhood.

:D

dannno
12-28-2010, 12:32 PM

Didn't I hear they said he had a cross bow (which is legal) vs. he admitted shooting a bow and arrow (also legal)?

Cops need to stop harrassing people for engaging in legal activity. It's one thing if someone said he was threatening people with a crossbow, or he missed the target and almost hit their dog, but I don't see anything of the sort.

coastie
12-28-2010, 01:25 PM

Got my eye on 60 acres later this next year, assuming the economy stays teetering on the fence until I can make it happen...;)

fisharmor
12-28-2010, 01:32 PM

I am lucky enough to live in a neighborhood with no HOA, where most people are armed.
Living in a neighborhood isn't bad in the right neighborhood... and if you're neighborly.
I end up shoveling more than one driveway when it snows, and giving away a lot of vegetables in the summer, but I don't get a whole lot of flak on occasions when a buddy happens to drink himself into a medical emergency.

dannno
12-28-2010, 01:57 PM
I end up shoveling more than one driveway when it snows, and giving away a lot of vegetables in the summer, but I don't get a whole lot of flak on occasions when a buddy happens to drink himself into a medical emergency.

Haha, booze..

speciallyblend
12-28-2010, 02:38 PM
as far as i am concerned the only good cop is an unemployed one!! Though i have some officers as friends! I understand everyone is an individual!!Many officers give others a badname and they should! The police have truly become the domestic terrorists in this country! If many police want to change that attitude maybe they should stop giving paid vacations and promotions and start speaking up and stop the insane war on americans!!! When i see a police officer, i usually see nothing but contempt for them!

speciallyblend
12-28-2010, 02:41 PM
Got my eye on 60 acres later this next year, assuming the economy stays teetering on the fence until I can make it happen...;)

i just want 1-5 acres;) mini mini/tiny tiny ranchette:) looking in southern colorado now but will not be able to purchase for a few more yrs. I can see how the us gov gains control over people. If i had my way i would just ban people(sarcasm)!

Brian4Liberty
12-28-2010, 02:46 PM
Didn't I hear they said he had a cross bow (which is legal) vs. he admitted shooting a bow and arrow (also legal)?

Cops need to stop harrassing people for engaging in legal activity.

The story indicates it is against City Code to fire it in City limits. From a private property perspective, it would probably also be banned by the owner of the trailer park.

Beyond that minor issue, it looks like it turned into a "do as we say peon" vs. "I don't have to tell you shit" pissing contest.