PDA

View Full Version : Is anyone else actively campaigning for Ron already?

RileyE104
12-27-2010, 12:07 PM
Big or small (whatever you can think of to do) that will help draw people's attention to Ron.

I mean, it could be hanging a huge banner somewhere or it could simply be bathroom graffiti in all the restaurants down a main street you live by... You could pass flyers out to people or in mailboxes or you can go around placing 'RON PAUL 2012' campaign stickers on every tree or light post that you can find... You could wear clothing that promotes a 2012 run or sport a bumper sticker on every car in your family... anything that draws attention.

On a family basis, you could simply pass out books that Ron has written or pre-buy copies of the new book that will be out soon.

These are just some of the things I do myself on a daily basis. :cool:

Sentient Void
12-27-2010, 12:18 PM
Big or small (whatever you can think of to do) that will help draw people's attention to Ron.

I mean, it could be hanging a huge banner somewhere or it could simply be bathroom graffiti in all the restaurants down a main street you live by... You could pass flyers out to people or in mailboxes or you can go around placing 'RON PAUL 2012' campaign stickers on every tree or light post that you can find... You could wear clothing that promotes a 2012 run or sport a bumper sticker on every car in your family... anything that draws attention.

On a family basis, you could simply pass out books that Ron has written or pre-buy copies of the new book that will be out soon.

These are just some of the things I do myself on a daily basis. :cool:

Haha - I was about to say... 'Start Campaigning for Ron'? I've been doing this pretty much every day since early 2008! ;D

Mostly just talking him up though, and bringing him up when it's relevant, or when I'm asked of my opinion in the right context. I've still got my RP bumper sticker from his presidential run on my car, and a few friends have one on theirs each as well. I've gotten numerous people to buy books, and a lot to support him for republican nomination, and president if he's nominated.

torchbearer
12-27-2010, 12:19 PM
I never stopped campaigning for Ron. In fact, I found it easier to get people interested in Ron without a presidential campaign going on.

sailingaway
12-27-2010, 12:24 PM

I mean, it could be hanging a huge banner somewhere or it could simply be bathroom graffiti in all the restaurants down a main street you live by...
. :cool:

I really recommend against graffiti unless it is chalk (and even that you'll get a ticket for some places -- it is just that the public is on your side when you do.) Property rights. We don't want Ron to be known as the one whose supporters graffiti up bathrooms. This is NOT a positive image.

sailingaway
12-27-2010, 12:26 PM
I never stopped campaigning for Ron. In fact, I found it easier to get people interested in Ron without a presidential campaign going on.

Me too. They weren't as defensive about their own candidate. It got them to listen and spread his ideas to most of the other candidates now running - at least as lip service. To Ron, spreading ideas is what running is all about, anyhow. Supporters, of course, have loftier goals for his campaign...

Tonewah
12-27-2010, 01:17 PM
Never stopped, either. I have the 8 foot Ron Paul sign in the middle of my yard by highway 80, and 6 yard signs.

Eric21ND
12-27-2010, 01:19 PM
I'm looking for some cool 2012 bumper stickers and yard sign.

Ekrub
12-27-2010, 01:20 PM
I don't try and push Ron Paul on people anymore (as politics riles me up way too much), but I often challenge people to watch the '08 debates again and tell me who they think honestly won the debates. I've found this to be effective.

Other than that, no campaigning..... yet.

CaliforniaMom
12-27-2010, 01:27 PM
I bought a Ron Paul 2012 bumpersticker and put it on my car. I've also posted on my facebook page. I'll do more as time goes on (signs, etc...)

Tonewah
12-27-2010, 02:11 PM
I still have a box of slim jims... about one stack for each issue. Some of them are home-made or home-printed.

robertwerden
12-27-2010, 02:17 PM
I end every sentence with "That wouldnt have happened if Ron Paul was president" Seems to work.

Romulus
12-27-2010, 03:46 PM
I campaign 'softly' every other day. I have Ron Paul 2012 shirts, and I'm always wearing one to the hardware store, to get grociers, out to eat.. everywhere I go. Its all about getting the name out there. My wife has RP as a facebook friend and her friends see that.

I don't try to 'convert' or 'push' ideas on people. I simply put his name out there and marketing 101 tells us, when people are familiar with a name, they are open to what that name has to offer.

puppetmaster
12-27-2010, 04:03 PM
everyday

JVParkour
12-27-2010, 06:10 PM
Here is a fun fact, the best place you can put your bumper sticker is not on the back bumper of the car. The front drivers-side bumper actually is seen the most, and has a TON more impact than a sticker placed on the back of your car. This is because more cars go by you on the opposite side of the street than you pass in your side of the street. The Leadership Institute taught me that, and I think if we all used this tip, we would more easily promote Ron Paul!

Captain Shays
12-29-2010, 03:39 PM
Every day. I never stopped since before 2007 and before he even decided to run.I drive people to the Philly airport from South Jersey. They are my captive audience. It's rare that I find anyone who knows the issues and can hang with me whether its economic, environmental, political and or relative to the two party system and the media control over it. I remember facts and figures like some kind of idiot savant. I don't know why but I use it to my advantage when dealing with hard core partisans. I find it quite interesting that when dealing with a so called conservative Republican they think I'm a liberal Democrat. When dealing with a liberal Democrat, they think I'm a conservative Republican. This despite the fact that I have long since escaped the left right paradigm and hold no loyalty to any party. In fact one of my main rants is that there is no such thing as left or right outside the minds of the people who believe it to exist except of course that which does exist in the physical law of reality. Whatever the topic, I always bring it back to Ron Paul. "Ron Paul would NEVER stand for that". I work it every day of my life. In my travels during the campaign, I placed literally hundreds of Ron Paul bumper stickers on poles, bridges and everywhere they would stick and where a lot of people would see them. Many of them are still there so I think millions of people have seen Ron Paul's name because of me and I know for sure that thousands of people have heard about him for the first time from me.

I also know from hanging around here that ALL of you are doing the same thing and I'm proud of you and proud to be associated with you.

Who else is there for us to support and promote? I can't think of a single name of a politician besides Ron Paul who I would give my loyalty and support to. Not one.
There are some whom I admire and might support like Judge Andrew and I did vote for Chuck Baldwin for president but there isn't a Republican or Democrat besides RP who is worthy of my vote.

WilliamShrugged
12-29-2010, 03:51 PM
Im still one of the newbies here, but try to on yt all the time. Last time i went to Reno, NV. (which is an hour drive from where i live) I saw a red pick truck with a Google RON PAUL Sign on his Tailgate....Puppetmaster??? Is that your ride?

libertarian4321
12-30-2010, 07:40 AM
I've still got my bumper stickers and one campaign sign up from last time.