PDA

View Full Version : [Audio] Rand Paul on His Plans for 2011

MRoCkEd
12-27-2010, 11:49 AM
How will being in the Senate effect Paul’s anti-establishment approach? What does he think of former rival Mitch McConnell’s leadership during a contentious the lame duck session? And what are his priorities for the next two years? Hear the answers to those questions from Senator elect Paul in this Podcast:

http://newledger.com/2010/12/rand-paul-on-his-plans-for-2011/

Click here (http://newledger.com/podcasts/CoffeeandMarkets122710.mp3) for direct mp3 link

Agorism
12-27-2010, 11:54 AM
O you beat me to it by one minute.

Kotin
12-27-2010, 12:03 PM
nice!!!

Brett85
12-27-2010, 01:45 PM
This is posted over at RedState as well.

sailingaway
12-27-2010, 05:31 PM
This is posted over at RedState as well.

Yep, here: http://www.redstate.com/ben_domenech/2010/12/27/rand-pauls-plans-for-2011/

speciallyblend
12-28-2010, 03:40 AM
Since Rand is a doctor, He really needs to start researching medical marijauna's 5000 yr history and stop defending 75 yrs of dea lies and walking the biggovgop establishment line on medical marijuana laws and being in everyones living rooms!!!

Brett85
12-28-2010, 07:09 AM
Since Rand is a doctor, He really needs to start researching medical marijauna's 5000 yr history and stop defending 75 yrs of dea lies and walking the biggovgop establishment line on medical marijuana laws and being in everyones living rooms!!!

Was that in the interview? I didn't catch that. Rand believes that the states should have power over the DEA to write their own drug laws.

speciallyblend
12-28-2010, 09:09 AM
Was that in the interview? I didn't catch that. Rand believes that the states should have power over the DEA to write their own drug laws.

Rand has said he is against medical marijuana on several occassions. I brought it up since it is beyond me how a doctor can ignore reality and fact!

I do not see Rand as some type of Ron Paul! I see him bsing folks on medical marijuana when 5000 yrs outways 75 yrs of dea lies. Before he can address common sense. He needs to address facts! I see Rand as a pharm boy and towing the typical gop establishment lies on medical marijuana!! Rand says he is for smaller gov but tows the same biggovgop lies on medical marijuana!! Rand is full of bs on this issue!! Before he can set an 2011 agenda he might want to stop the bs on medical marijuana! Maybe Rand Paul needs to talk to my wife and 5000 yrs of medical history before he crawls up the gops colon!

Rand Paul loses all credibility on small gov . When he has no credibility as a so-called pharm boy doctor who ignores the facts on medical marijuana while my wife battles for her life literally!! Rand Paul is no Ron Paul. I see rand as sellout when he says no to legal medical marijuana!! hell newt gets more credibility on medical marijuana and having said that it puts rand paul on the bs list in the gop for me!! expect me to rail rand paul on medical marijuana until he gets some common sense!! Rand Paul has NO CREDIBILITY on any issues until he gains credibility on medical marijuana in my eyes!!

personally i am beginning to think rand paul is full of ____ on medical marijuana!!

personally i would love to see rand paul have 14 fused vertebrae and continue to say his bs on medical marijuana!! I perfer to pour Rand's Liberty Tea in the garbage!! Ron Paul 2012

Matt Collins
12-28-2010, 09:43 AM
Rand has said he is against medical marijuana on several occassions. Please cite your sources?

sailingaway
12-28-2010, 09:58 AM

No, he really didn't say that. One of the tactics during the campaign, near the end, after 'too kooky for Kentucky' didn't work was for the AP and left blogasphere to pretend he wasn't 'kooky' enough. The libertarian/free the weed (whatever you call them) newsletters and blogs misreported that Rand was against medical marijuana because a dick at the AP made that up entirely. (It wasn't the only thing he made up, the same guy made up the 'drugs are not a problem in Kentucky' when he had said people weren't ASKING him about drugs, i.e., they weren't a problem being asked about on the campaign trail. It wasn't even vaguely possible that he had said what the AP reporter said -- I saw the interview. It's on youtube.)

It was cleared up by Rand's campaign. He thinks states should decide about medical marijuana. For heavens sake, as a doctor he could prescribe MORPHINE, why on earth would he think doctors shouldn't prescribe something that lets people be MORE aware of and for their families in their illness?

He did say he didn't think 'illegal drugs should be legalized' as a category, but I think, like me, he was thinking of the addictive ones, and still of state determinations. His campaign responded directly to the medical marijuana thing earlier. Near the end it sounded like someone had coached him that if a question wasn't entirely true, he should just say it was false, rather than trying to parse out the true and false parts.... which had kinda gotten him into hot water with 'sound bite reporting'. That, I can't guarantee, but it sure sounded like it from the progression of his interviews.

Brett85
12-28-2010, 12:14 PM
Rand has said he is against medical marijuana on several occassions. I brought it up since it is beyond me how a doctor can ignore reality and fact!

I do not see Rand as some type of Ron Paul! I see him bsing folks on medical marijuana when 5000 yrs outways 75 yrs of dea lies. Before he can address common sense. He needs to address facts! I see Rand as a pharm boy and towing the typical gop establishment lies on medical marijuana!! Rand says he is for smaller gov but tows the same biggovgop lies on medical marijuana!! Rand is full of bs on this issue!! Before he can set an 2011 agenda he might want to stop the bs on medical marijuana! Maybe Rand Paul needs to talk to my wife and 5000 yrs of medical history before he crawls up the gops colon!

Rand Paul loses all credibility on small gov . When he has no credibility as a so-called pharm boy doctor who ignores the facts on medical marijuana while my wife battles for her life literally!! Rand Paul is no Ron Paul. I see rand as sellout when he says no to legal medical marijuana!! hell newt gets more credibility on medical marijuana and having said that it puts rand paul on the bs list in the gop for me!! expect me to rail rand paul on medical marijuana until he gets some common sense!! Rand Paul has NO CREDIBILITY on any issues until he gains credibility on medical marijuana in my eyes!!

personally i am beginning to think rand paul is full of ____ on medical marijuana!!

personally i would love to see rand paul have 14 fused vertebrae and continue to say his bs on medical marijuana!! I perfer to pour Rand's Liberty Tea in the garbage!! Ron Paul 2012

It sounds like you've been smoking some marijuana to me. Rand's position is that drug enforcement should be a state issue rather than a federal issue. He can come out and say that state drug laws shouldn't be repealed, and it makes absolutely no difference as it isn't something that he will be voting on.

emazur
12-28-2010, 04:18 PM
Please cite your sources?
Here's one:
http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2010/aug/12/paul-stance-on-drug-funds-could-cost-votes/

Now, in a telling political move, the son of Ron Paul has reversed his stance on the issue, telling the Associated Press last week that “he is opposed to the legalization of marijuana, even for medicinal purposes.”

HOWEVER...

http://blog.mpp.org/medical-marijuana/paul-campaign-clarifies-medical-marijuana-stance/08202010/?

As a former reporter, I always strive for accuracy, so I just got off the phone with a representative of the Paul campaign in order to clarify the candidate’s position — which isn’t as simple as the AP made it out to be.

“Doctor Paul’s stance has not changed, and that is a case of sloppy reporting,” said Nena Bartlett, Paul’s assistant campaign manager. “His position is that it’s a states’ rights issue.”

However, when I asked Bartlett if Paul personally supports medical marijuana laws, and would, for example, vote for a bill protecting patients from arrest if he were a member of a state legislature, she demurred.

“I’m actually not positive that he’s taken that stance,” Bartlett said. “He just believes it should be left up to the states … I’m not sure if that’s a position he would take at this time. It’s a decision for doctors and patients at the local level.”

Sloppy reporting from the AP or Rand Paul flip flop? We won't know unless the AP reporter releases the audio of the interview, but the official word is that medical marijuana is a state's rights issue. I'd like to see him say the same thing about recreational marijuana.

Brett85
12-28-2010, 04:28 PM
I'd like to see him say the same thing about recreational marijuana.

I remember reading an interview where he said that there should only be federal marijuana laws when it involves selling it across state lines.

sailingaway
12-28-2010, 04:38 PM
Here's one:
http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2010/aug/12/paul-stance-on-drug-funds-could-cost-votes/

HOWEVER...

http://blog.mpp.org/medical-marijuana/paul-campaign-clarifies-medical-marijuana-stance/08202010/?

Sloppy reporting from the AP or Rand Paul flip flop? We won't know unless the AP reporter releases the audio of the interview, but the official word is that medical marijuana is a state's rights issue. I'd like to see him say the same thing about recreational marijuana.

The AP guy messed up. He later explained in a much less widely circulated piece that since Rand had been asked a blanket 'are you saying you want drugs legalized' and said Rand's 'no' that it supported his statement. Recall, that was after his opponent came out with this nonsensical ad that when Rand years ago said in discussion of motorcycle helmets and the lottery that 'I don't think things that are nonviolent should be illegal' it meant not only drugs but fraud and burglary should be legal. Rand was responding to a litany of those things from someone on Fox saying 'is this what you mean' and said 'no.'

Rand NEVER singled out medical marijuana like the AP suggests, in anything I heard he said and it would have been absolutely inconsistent with the positions he did take. Also, his campaign clarified the issue. The quotation marks were from the incorrect AP report, not from Rand. This particular AP guy was agitating against Rand throughout the campaign, twisting Rand's words in ways that would undermine his support. It was infuriating, and if you followed him, this was just another instance of it.

sailingaway
12-28-2010, 04:51 PM
///

TheDriver
12-28-2010, 04:58 PM
Rand has said he is against medical marijuana on several occassions [occasions].

BS! Don't believe everything you read from biased AP "reporters."

Is Rand going to campaign or push for marijuana legislation - NO!

But does Rand realize some of the benefits of medical - yes. Does he believe all the claims - no.

For example: I don't think Rand believes medical mary can help with pain, where I (and many others) do.

speciallyblend
12-28-2010, 06:15 PM
It sounds like you've been smoking some marijuana to me. Rand's position is that drug enforcement should be a state issue rather than a federal issue. He can come out and say that state drug laws shouldn't be repealed, and it makes absolutely no difference as it isn't something that he will be voting on.

sorry not smoking but it has everything to do with it. the guy says he is a doctor yet is against medical marijuana! he has the ability to set 75 yrs of lies straight but he chooses to endorse the lies by saying no to medical marijuana! which is a federal issue and state issue!! i am not buying that crap from a so called doctor! this hits home for me as my wife is losing weight. like i said before i can only wish rand paul has 14 fused vertebrae before he GETS IT. I personally think rand is bsing the argument federal or state!! smells like crap it is crap! maybe his wife needs to get in an accident and have 14 fused vertebrae before he gets it!If he cannot get it on medical marijuana. then he just doesn't understand liberty freedom or smaller gov. only folks that live it get it! i suggest everyone go get 14 fused vertebrae and maybe they might get it after 3 yrs of pain!
If Rand Paul is part of the liberty tea party movement. Then i wil dump his worthless tea! This one issue hits home and is not about marijuana anymore! It is simple common sense! Rand is truly bsing the issue!

Brett85
12-28-2010, 06:51 PM
sorry not smoking but it has everything to do with it. the guy says he is a doctor yet is against medical marijuana! he has the ability to set 75 yrs of lies straight but he chooses to endorse the lies by saying no to medical marijuana! which is a federal issue and state issue!! i am not buying that crap from a so called doctor! this hits home for me as my wife is losing weight. like i said before i can only wish rand paul has 14 fused vertebrae before he GETS IT. I personally think rand is bsing the argument federal or state!! smells like crap it is crap! maybe his wife needs to get in an accident and have 14 fused vertebrae before he gets it!If he cannot get it on medical marijuana. then he just doesn't understand liberty freedom or smaller gov. only folks that live it get it! i suggest everyone go get 14 fused vertebrae and maybe they might get it after 3 yrs of pain!
If Rand Paul is part of the liberty tea party movement. Then i wil dump his worthless tea! This one issue hits home and is not about marijuana anymore! It is simple common sense! Rand is truly bsing the issue!

Maybe we should actually wait and see how he votes?

sailingaway
12-28-2010, 07:37 PM
Speciallyblend, you might want to watch this to see the context. He was being raked over the coals for being too SOFT on drugs. (the second part is about the Bush tax cuts, I don't know why they tied it to the drug issue -- unemployment, I guess.)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YPJTW3Ovaak

Brett85
12-28-2010, 08:31 PM
Speciallyblend, you might want to watch this to see the context. He was being raked over the coals for being too SOFT on drugs. (the second part is about the Bush tax cuts, I don't know why they tied it to the drug issue -- unemployment, I guess.)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YPJTW3Ovaak

This reminds me of what a douchebag Conway was. I hope that guy loses his re-election bid and never even gets elected dog catcher again.

speciallyblend
12-29-2010, 01:34 AM
Here's one:

HOWEVER...

sadly i do not think rand paul has the balls or ability to clairfy. sounds like a typical politician trying to bs both sides!! state issue is still side tracking the very issue at federal level. No matter what he says it has been a federal issue before i was born. BS on Rand Paul!! I am not buying the Rand Paul BS on medical or personal. Grow some balls RAND REAL BALLS like your dad, can rand even have kids with no balls?!! After 75 yrs of lies,it saddens me that rand paul still tries to bs on marijuana! anyone that tries to play the bs political game with this is just smearing the crap on them as well! I surely do not need to hear rand paul's bs on medical marijuana state or federal when my wife is trying to just survive.

speciallyblend
12-29-2010, 01:48 AM
This reminds me of what a douchebag Conway was. I hope that guy loses his re-election bid and never even gets elected dog catcher again.

thanks for video but the real problem with marijuana state or federal is the laws themselves. The only problem with marijuana state or federal is law enforcment and trumped up charges to pad the numbers for the so-called marijuana problem that never really existed in my lifetime or even now!!! They call any one charged an addict bs. Rand would be better served calling out the bad marijuana laws state and federal instead talking about the mythical problem created by bad drug laws state and federal!! The law is the problem not marijuana at state and federal!! the bottom line is rand paul is against medical marijuana and he even said it himself! edit if a reporter is lying. then how hard is it for Rand Paul to announce he supports medical marijuana and expose the 75 yrs of lies state and federal big government! expsooing corruption and big gov seems to be a positive except for the republicans who must have their brandy and cigs while condemning folks using something far safer then the republican hypocrites!

it is best i act like rand paul doesn't exist and hopefully he stays in kentucky and never brings his bs on medical marijuana to colorado. I aM NOT BUYING THE RAND PAUL WET DREAM oops caps! I will do my best to ignore rand paul in the future!!

When i hear Rand paul say he supports medical marijuana at the state and federal. then i might be willing to wash the crap off him!! until then me and my wife are the ones dealing with her having to take morphine 24 hrs aday and then quick morphine to ease her pain on top of that while taking nerve and relaxerrs to ease the other pain and that still doesn't take care of it. Marijuana is what is saving my wifes life not rand paul the pharm boys drugs. though she will have to take both to survive and we are still battling weight issues!! I am just flat out tired of all the bs coming from the 75 yrs of brainwashing!! personally anyone opposing medical marijuana state or federal or fence dancing is basically putting my wifes life at risk and millions of other americans!

speciallyblend
12-29-2010, 02:04 AM
The AP guy messed up. He later explained in a much less widely circulated piece that since Rand had been asked a blanket 'are you saying you want drugs legalized' and said Rand's 'no' that it supported his statement. Recall, that was after his opponent came out with this nonsensical ad that when Rand years ago said in discussion of motorcycle helmets and the lottery that 'I don't think things that are nonviolent should be illegal' it meant not only drugs but fraud and burglary should be legal. Rand was responding to a litany of those things from someone on Fox saying 'is this what you mean' and said 'no.'

Rand NEVER singled out medical marijuana like the AP suggests, in anything I heard he said and it would have been absolutely inconsistent with the positions he did take. Also, his campaign clarified the issue. The quotation marks were from the incorrect AP report, not from Rand. This particular AP guy was agitating against Rand throughout the campaign, twisting Rand's words in ways that would undermine his support. It was infuriating, and if you followed him, this was just another instance of it.

if that is the case? then why can't rand paul speak for himself! How hard is it to expose 75 yrs of lies on medical marijuana when your a doctor!! i have stood up for yrs on medical marijuana before we got in a car accident. I know it is backwards kentucky where moonshine is aspirin to many but marijuana is bad? wtf Rand Paul needs to stand up for common sense! I expect to see Rand Paul clarify his stance on medical marijuana asap and hopefully bring some common sense to personal marijuana! This would seem a positive for liberty in kentucky and our country to expose the failure of the gop and the us gov on the very issue of marijuana personal or medical!!

jct74
12-29-2010, 03:04 AM
I expect to see Rand Paul clarify his stance on medical marijuana asap

I hope so too but I would hold off on condemning him until then. Rand's mission during the election was to win the election, simple as that. When you are trying to win an election it is generally best to avoid taking firm positions on lots of issues, so that you don't give people a reason to vote against you. Now that he won the election I'm sure we will learn the truth that he supports it. I'm sure someone will ask him soon, since that is a big issue with libertarians, and he is widely perceived as being libertarian. Keep in mind though that Rand did pretty much acknowledge during the primary that there are "medicinal uses" for marijuana (@0:25).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Heyrcidp-tI

jct74
12-29-2010, 03:11 AM
The AP guy messed up. He later explained in a much less widely circulated piece that since Rand had been asked a blanket 'are you saying you want drugs legalized' and said Rand's 'no' that it supported his statement.

Really? I followed Rand's campaign closely and particularly what Rand said about medical marijuana and I didn't see any clarification from the AP reporter on that. Was it posted on RPF? If you have that link I would really like to see it.

sailingaway
12-29-2010, 07:45 AM
Really? I followed Rand's campaign closely and particularly what Rand said about medical marijuana and I didn't see any clarification from the AP reporter on that. Was it posted on RPF? If you have that link I would really like to see it.

I looked for it quickly and didn't see it yesterday, but I wasn't really trying. It was defensive and dickish. I'll look it up by the reporter's name. I didn't post it on RPF because whichever point Rand raised the press would try to shove him off his tightrope with, and by then we just wanted the idiot issue to die. I'll look again.

Meanwhile, on the states rights part, there was this:

and the type of ad Rand was running against, (there were more than one) and the reason he was just by that point avoiding the issue is explained by this: http://politifact.com/truth-o-meter/statements/2010/sep/27/jack-conway/jack-conway-campaign-ad-accuses-rand-paul-being-so/

--

edit, the original AP article is now a dead link, http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5gjUvfyvStB73Umu5vb1sRO8fu0iQD9HI5G6G0 (the one where Rand was mischaracterized to begin with) I was trying to find the AP reporter's name, was it Bruce whatsis? If the original is dead, the clarification may be dead, too though. But I'll look if I can find the reporter's name. He was the one who posted it, and I vaguely remember it might have been in a blog, which might not be a dead link, even if the original story is.

speciallyblend
12-29-2010, 08:42 AM
I hope so too but I would hold off on condemning him until then. Rand's mission during the election was to win the election, simple as that. When you are trying to win an election it is generally best to avoid taking firm positions on lots of issues, so that you don't give people a reason to vote against you. Now that he won the election I'm sure we will learn the truth that he supports it. I'm sure someone will ask him soon, since that is a big issue with libertarians, and he is widely perceived as being libertarian. Keep in mind though that Rand did pretty much acknowledge during the primary that there are "medicinal uses" for marijuana (@0:25).

thanks for this video. This issue hits home for me and my wife! I am very passionate on this issue personal or medical. I am more focused on medical now since no insane marijuana law(a substance far safer then many common foods in the grocery store not to mention the open drug aisle as well) will ever stop me or anyone from using marijuana personally! Having been in a major car wreck that wasn't our fault! Medical Marijuana is now a major focus for me and my wife! Big things have happened in colorado. Though i think medical marijuana was sold down the corporate river in Colorado. I feel it is my duty to hold everyone accountable for defending 75 yrs of flatout lies!! I am reminded of the insanity everyday my wife has to take her pharm pills to deal with the pain.

the only legitimate gripe on marijuana is the smoking part which is solved by eating it! The bottom line is anyone against marijuana legalization should have their 4 yr degrees revoked and lashed 100 times for insanity and 75 yrs of dea lies!!

it is beyond me how anyone can be against marijuana personal or medical unless they are brainwashed by 75 yrs of lies or totally misguided or drinking their whiskey while masking mis-informed judgements on others using something far safer then anyone could imagine. I am in no way perfect but if i get this everyone else should easily!!! brainwashing obviously works it seems!!

jct74
12-29-2010, 12:11 PM
thanks for this video. This issue hits home for me and my wife! I am very passionate on this issue personal or medical. I am more focused on medical now since no insane marijuana law(a substance far safer then many common foods in the grocery store not to mention the open drug aisle as well) will ever stop me or anyone from using marijuana personally! Having been in a major car wreck that wasn't our fault! Medical Marijuana is now a major focus for me and my wife! Big things have happened in colorado. Though i think medical marijuana was sold down the corporate river in Colorado. I feel it is my duty to hold everyone accountable for defending 75 yrs of flatout lies!! I am reminded of the insanity everyday my wife has to take her pharm pills to deal with the pain.

Sorry to hear what you and your wife had to go through. I can certainly understand your passion on this issue. It gets me very fired up too, more so than any other issue, even though it doesn't affect me personally. There is no excuse for the level of ignorance on this issue from our elected politicians, especially when you have 70-80% public support for MMJ, which is rare to have on any issue. I can't imagine the frustration of people that have to break the law every day and risk being thrown in jail just to be able to function at a normal or somewhat normal level. The anger would drive me insane!

jct74
12-29-2010, 12:53 PM
edit, the original AP article is now a dead link, http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5gjUvfyvStB73Umu5vb1sRO8fu0iQD9HI5G6G0 (the one where Rand was mischaracterized to begin with) I was trying to find the AP reporter's name, was it Bruce whatsis? If the original is dead, the clarification may be dead, too though. But I'll look if I can find the reporter's name. He was the one who posted it, and I vaguely remember it might have been in a blog, which might not be a dead link, even if the original story is.

Bruce Schreiner is the name of that terrible AP reporter, but he didn't write that particular article. The author was listed as "Staff/Wire Report" and at the bottom of the article it said "Associated Press reporter Roger Alford and Herald-Leader reporter Bill Estep contributed to this story."
http://bluegrasspolitics.bloginky.com/2010/08/12/paul-eastern-kentucky-drug-problem-not-a-real-pressing-issue/
http://www.kentucky.com/2010/08/13/1390380/paul-eastern-kentucky-drug-problem.html#more

If you can come up with the link I would appreciate it. I looked briefly but I didn't see anything. Do you have any other clues about the piece?

sailingaway
12-29-2010, 01:00 PM
Bruce Schreiner is the name of that terrible AP reporter, but he didn't write that particular article. The author was listed as "Staff/Wire Report" and at the bottom of the article it said "Associated Press reporter Roger Alford and Herald-Leader reporter Bill Estep contributed to this story."
http://bluegrasspolitics.bloginky.com/2010/08/12/paul-eastern-kentucky-drug-problem-not-a-real-pressing-issue/
http://www.kentucky.com/2010/08/13/1390380/paul-eastern-kentucky-drug-problem.html#more

If you can come up with the link I would appreciate it. I looked briefly but I didn't see anything. Do you have any other clues about the piece?

It wasn't Roger Alford, I'm pretty sure. Bad as he was, he wasn't the worst. This guy was out of town when it broke and people were looking for him, then wrote something when he got back but it was still snotty and tried to fudge the issue more. It did clarify that it was not a quote of Rand Paul, however, I'm pretty sure. I came away certain Rand had not said it when I read the follow up, in any event, but it might have been because he avoided answering the question and threw up smoke instead. I do specifically remember he made sure it wasn't an overall favorable piece on Rand,and so I didn't post it. I couldn't find it just now, though (I just looked under bruce's name.)

majinkoola
12-29-2010, 03:08 PM
I think Rand was just playing politics during the campaign by being very careful with his words. I'm really confident that on all of his votes, he will be pro-legalization, especially on medical marijuana.

Don't you agree that had he spoken about legalizing drugs during the campaign that he would have lost in Kentucky?

Wait until he votes. If he votes as you say, I'll attack him just as much as you are doing.

DeadheadForPaul
12-31-2010, 02:19 AM
/////