PDA

View Full Version : Vote for RP in Early Iowa Straw Poll, today through Dec 30th.

DDkrutsinger
12-27-2010, 09:49 AM
OK, so the title is stretching it a bit. But there is a poll for Conservative of the Year in one of the most influential Iowa political blogs. Voting ends Dec. 30th (could we get a sticky till then?).

I'm a contributer to the blog, here is my piece in support of RP (http://caffeinatedthoughts.com/2010/12/vote-for-ron-paul-for-2010-caffeinated-conservative-of-the-year/).

Here is where you actually vote (copy and paste):
http://caffeinatedthoughts.com/2010/12/2010-caffeinated-conservative-award-nominees/ Note, if you have trouble voting as some have, click "Show Results" at the bottom and vote at the actual SodaHead site. The author of the poll says, spread the word, but only vote once, this is Iowa, not Chicago.

Note the blog is a member of Blogs4Palin (main guy a big Palin supporter) so it is connected to a bunch of Palin blogs and networks so she has an advantage and is currently winning. Time to get to work guys.

SWATH
12-27-2010, 09:59 AM
Rand needs to be in 2nd place!

sailingaway
12-27-2010, 10:05 AM
Rand needs to be in 2nd place!

Make sure Ron's winnning, first. Last time someone said that, SP jumped ahead. (I posted this in a different thread, yesterday.) Rand isn't running this year, and doesn't need this. Believe me, I focused on Rand over Ron this past year (in part because Ron asked us to), but now it is time to go the other way around. When Rand takes a stand and NEEDS us, we'll be there, no question, of course.

Note that this blog is run by a fan of SP, and I believe his typical readers support her.

DDkrutsinger
12-27-2010, 10:23 AM
Make sure Ron's winnning, first. Last time someone said that, SP jumped ahead. (I posted this in a different thread, yesterday.)

Note that this blog is run by a fan of SP, and I believe his typical readers support her.

I think SP jumping ahead was not anyone's fault for encouraging voting for Rand, at that same time the poll got posted on a live blog of Sarah Palin's Alaska watchers during the show, so they all jumped on and voted, she went from 25% to 60% in about 10mins. But it is true, we are in a knock out battle with the Palin supporters we need to focus on Ron. The site is a Blogs4Palin Blog, and she has won this award/poll each of the last 2 years, so we need to win one on the away field.

Chester Copperpot
12-27-2010, 10:25 AM
voted.. ron paul #1 with 42%

sailingaway
12-27-2010, 10:50 AM
I think SP jumping ahead was not anyone's fault for encouraging voting for Rand, at that same time the poll got posted on a live blog of Sarah Palin's Alaska watchers during the show, so they all jumped on and voted, she went from 25% to 60% in about 10mins. But it is true, we are in a knock out battle with the Palin supporters we need to focus on Ron. The site is a Blogs4Palin Blog, and she has won this award/poll each of the last 2 years, so we need to win one on the away field.

Welcome, by the way!

-
I just went to make sure this was posted at DP, and it is, and I see you were there ahead of me....

libertybrewcity
12-27-2010, 01:38 PM
bump!

FSP-Rebel
12-27-2010, 01:45 PM
Welcome, by the way!

-
I just went to make sure this was posted at DP, and it is, and I see you were there ahead of me....

It is posted to the forum over there but it seemed to be kind of buried. If anyone has access to the blog, I would highly encourage someone to post there as it receives the bulk of the traffic. That said, not sure if we completely want to blow this poll out.

DDkrutsinger
12-27-2010, 09:32 PM
Welcome, by the way!

-

Thanks for the welcome. Looks like DP has it on the front page now. I have access to the web traffic reports at the blog that has the poll, nearly 500 have arrived via DP. I'm sure many have come from here as well, but it is not linked directly.

Thomas
12-27-2010, 11:20 PM
+1776!!!

speciallyblend
12-28-2010, 12:09 AM
Thanks for the welcome. Looks like DP has it on the front page now. I have access to the web traffic reports at the blog that has the poll, nearly 500 have arrived via DP. I'm sure many have come from here as well, but it is not linked directly.

have not voted yet but will be making my way soon;) hmmm the site will still not load and aborts on my computer!!

DDkrutsinger
12-28-2010, 09:16 AM
Palin supporters made a push overnight, now nearly tied. Please go vote (only once).

h ttp://caffeinatedthoughts.com/2010/12/2010-caffeinated-conservative-award-nominees/ (link broken, copy paste into browser, repair break, go vote)

Bruno
12-28-2010, 09:23 AM
Voted!

CaseyJones
12-28-2010, 09:30 AM
voted and promoted the OP to the Home Page

DDkrutsinger
12-28-2010, 09:36 AM
voted and promoted the op to the home page

thanks!

sailingaway
12-28-2010, 10:29 AM
voted and promoted the OP to the Home Page

Could you do that with the Washington Post one? Obama is coming on strong, and Ron has only a narrow lead at this point. hxxp://views.washingtonpost.com/leadership/2010/12/who_is_2010s_leader_of_the_year/all.html?hpid=smartliving