PDA

View Full Version : Was ronpaul2008.com hacked?

bobmurph
10-21-2007, 08:08 PM
Every other candidate is up and running. For all of the tech people that support ron paul I would imagine we have top of the line servers.

Paulitician
10-21-2007, 08:09 PM
If you're a regular, please do not visit the official website!!!! Wait to donate later if you must. It is extremely important that newcomers have no problem with it. So lay off for a while please!

Cowlesy
probably 25,000 of the 50,000+ meetup members are checking out the site to see the ticker is all.

mkrfctr
I think freedom is popular.

Drknows
10-21-2007, 08:10 PM
I think Ron Paul got a bad hosting company or maybe they did it on purpose?

Kandilynn
I can't even get on his myspace page. I think there are just a LOT of people going to his website.

Jive Dadson
I was afraid of this. I tried to discourage the netroots efforts to have people send money all at the same time. I think that might be what's happening.

TheIndependent
10-21-2007, 08:11 PM
Jesus, his site wasn't hacked. I'm in the dev/admin industry and running a simple 'ping' told me the hardware's still chugging along just fine. It's just under heavy load.

TheIndependent
10-21-2007, 08:11 PM
I think Ron Paul got a bad hosting company or maybe they did it on purpose?

Not everything is a conspiracy. Ugh. Stop it. Stop the nonsense right now. Please.

kherty
10-21-2007, 08:12 PM
It's just under heavy load.

Good, then it's serving its purpose!

Glad to see you all here....I'm a newbie and it's my 1st post! :D

Original_Intent
10-21-2007, 08:13 PM
This is a stupid poll. How we vote does not change the fact of whether it was hacked or not.

Paulitician
No, everything is a conpiracy! Fox news has infiltrated Ron Paul's website!!!

Oh, they're good, they're really good.

TheIndependent

I'll be the first to give you a hearty welcome! :)

Adamsa
Not everything is a conspiracy. Ugh. Stop it. Stop the nonsense right now. Please.

Yeah I agree, it's just under heavy loads of lots of us visiting.

Grandson of Liberty
Jesus, his site wasn't hacked. I'm in the dev/admin industry and running a simple 'ping' told me the hardware's still chugging along just fine. It's just under heavy load.

excellent. . .thanks for the update.

NewEnd
10-21-2007, 08:14 PM

welcome!!

Primbs
There is definitely staff there monitoring the website.

bobmurph
This is a stupid poll. How we vote does not change the fact of whether it was hacked or not.

Dude...there are several threads talking about a hack. Just trying to gauge what other people think. For the record I voted no.

DJ RP
10-21-2007, 08:15 PM
Guys a conspiracy is the LAST THING you should think. The simplest explanation is usually the right one. Jumping to conspiracy theories so quickly is just STUPID.

Only when there is no other reasonable explanation should you start entertaining these ideas seriously. Jesus

BLS
10-21-2007, 08:17 PM

Not to be argumentative, but pinging the site doesn't prove anything other than the server(s) is/are still running.

I highly doubt the site was hacked, and I'm in agreement with you there.

CAKochenash
10-21-2007, 08:18 PM

I am in the same industry and when i am analyzing this, i am seeing 17 hops from the visualroute.com server to ronpaul2008.com.

Once the data hits above.net, the company that own the fiber lines that a company called rackspace.com operates on that hosts www.ronpaul2008.com, it takes 6 hops before getting to the ronpaul2008 site.

This indicates to me point of failure. Sounds fishy to me...

RPatTheBeach
10-21-2007, 08:18 PM
Every other candidate is up and running.

With all the "techies" that RP draws, I'm surprised someone hasn't been stupid enough to try and make that statement false.

Gimme Some Truth
10-21-2007, 08:19 PM

Wekcome aboard the freedom train :D

austin356
10-21-2007, 08:19 PM
I hate all this conspiracy shit that soo many promote on here, but

saying a campaign website has been hacked is not really "conspiracy theory" (technically yes it is, but not by typical use of the phrase).

Campaigns have their offices broken into all the time!! Hacking a website is essentially the same thing, but hell, much less risky.

CAKochenash
10-21-2007, 08:22 PM
Hacking a website is essentially the same thing, but hell, much less risky.

it can be done in the privacy of ones own home.

dsentell

Welcome! Glad you are here!

Channing
I get a ping time of about 150ms so it probably isn't the connection but the server.

I think the establishment will try other tricks, such as we have witnessed with the audience. Here in Germany there still is a near total media blackout on Ron Paul.

kylejack
10-21-2007, 08:25 PM
Fund-raising has flat-lined.

ChrisM
10-21-2007, 08:26 PM
Well, probably since fundraising is done almost all online, I imagine it would have. It doesn't mean we won't donate later, though.

TheIndependent
10-21-2007, 08:27 PM
The load took down the web server, but the hardware's still running.

Someone over there needs to run 'service apache restart' pronto!

kylejack
10-21-2007, 08:27 PM
Well, probably since fundraising is done almost all online, I imagine it would have. It doesn't mean we won't donate later, though.

I just meant that clearly the page isn't loading for anyone.

Trance Dance Master
10-21-2007, 08:29 PM
probably 25,000 of the 50,000+ meetup members are checking out the site to see the ticker is all.

The donation ticker is at the bottom of stormfront.org they're generous enough to offer Dr. Paul the bandwidth.

http://www.stormfront.org/forum/

Give me liberty
10-21-2007, 08:29 PM
Its still loading way to slow :/

mport1
10-21-2007, 08:30 PM
Conspiracy, after conspiracy, after conspiracy...

braeden0613
i got on a minute ago..but parts of the site werent working

xRedfoxx
Site Is Up.......let's Go Donate!!!!!!

CAKochenash
10-21-2007, 08:31 PM
I get a ping time of about 150ms so it probably isn't the connection (unless they give pings priority).

high ping time could indicate point of failure

LibertyEagle
The donation ticker is at the bottom of stormfront.org they're generous enough to offer Dr. Paul the bandwidth.

:eek:

reaver
Its still loading way to slow :/

I hope you are not just refreshing it to see the money go up.

davidhperry
10-21-2007, 08:32 PM

Welcome - glad to have you here!

mvent2
10-21-2007, 08:33 PM
So I guess we can't trust our own poll? :D

Burns401
10-21-2007, 08:34 PM

Sorry, not a fan of "white power" bullsh!t.

kherty
10-21-2007, 08:40 PM
I donated for the second time today....I'm just happy I found you guys so I can share the excitement!

Thanks for the welcome... :p

Primbs
10-21-2007, 08:44 PM
Rackspace is a very expensive webhosting company. They look very professional so I am surprised the website would go down like that.

centure7
10-21-2007, 08:47 PM
Every other candidate is up and running. For all of the tech people that support ron paul I would imagine we have top of the line servers.

We absolutely were not hacked. Keep in mind that we are the #1 visited website by any candidate, and just like this website is now, the RP forum website likely at record traffic. Take it as a good sign. Like Ebay.com did in the old days, the Paul site is having growing pains.

Matt
10-21-2007, 08:55 PM

Fuck stormfront for serious. You guys are unbelievably retarded if you think your support is helping.

Douche power!

anotherone
10-21-2007, 08:58 PM

vile-disgusting-website-link-removed/

I hope no one EVER posts a link to THAT site again.

We have NO room for rascism here!

me3
10-21-2007, 09:12 PM
All ping does is verify a service is working.

Not to be argumentative, but pinging the site doesn't prove anything other than the server(s) is/are still running.
Thank you. It could be that the web server is up but the database has crashed.

Rackspace is a very expensive webhosting company. They look very professional so I am surprised the website would go down like that.
Rackspace is overrated. And extremely expensive.

Trance Dance Master
10-21-2007, 09:12 PM
Sorry, not a fan of "white power" bullsh!t.

You don't have to be a fan of anything other than Ron Paul. Just scroll to the very bottom and remain ignorant of what we discuss if that suites your tastes.

Fuck stormfront for serious. You guys are unbelievably retarded if you think your support is helping.
Some will choose to ignore us until we can no longer be ignored. So be it.

kylejack
10-21-2007, 09:13 PM
You don't have to be a fan of anything other than Ron Paul. Just scroll to the very bottom and remain ignorant of what we discuss if that suites your tastes.

Hey, you were really wrong about that fund-raising bet you wanted to make with me, weren't you?

Keep your racist fucking links out of here. ronpaulgraphs.com has everything we need.

CAKochenash
10-21-2007, 09:19 PM
Hey, you were really wrong about that fund-raising bet you wanted to make with me, weren't you?

Keep your racist fucking links out of here. ronpaulgraphs.com has everything we need.

i was looking at some of the posts on that stormfront site. I have one question.

Do you have nothing better to do with your life than to answer poll questions asking whether or not you like a certain race? Seriously?

jj111
10-21-2007, 09:25 PM
That link that he put up should not be tolerated on this board. I vote to suspend his priveleges. There should be an absolute rule that never should a links to a racist site ever be allowed on this board. It is simply not the business of any user of this board to promote in any way a racist site on this board. If you want to support Ron Paul without promoting racist sites, fine, but if you want to promote a racist site, please get the heck out of this forum and stay out!

me3
10-21-2007, 09:27 PM
Might as well move all of the "other candidate" threads to a private forum as well so the links don't carry over to Google and promote our opponents.

freedominnumbers
10-21-2007, 09:27 PM
No, everything is a conpiracy! Fox news has infiltrated Ron Paul's website!!!

Oh, they're good, they're really good.

Justified of course. They are likely searching for RP's text poll infiltration plans.

quickmike
10-21-2007, 09:30 PM
No

Its all the DOOFUSES going to the site that arent donating or honestly checking him out for the first time, but instead are going to see how much bang we got from the debate. LOL

axiomata
10-21-2007, 09:31 PM
How the hell would I know if it was hacked? This poll is dumb.

voortrekker
10-21-2007, 09:50 PM
These non-constructive polls on this forum need to end.

After I typed that sentence, come what may.

Is the sky blue or pink?

Is Elvis still alive?

I'm just a little frustrated with the polls on this forum the last week or so.

Polls on this forum lately, for the most part = no substance.

kylejack
10-21-2007, 09:53 PM
i was looking at some of the posts on that stormfront site. I have one question.

Do you have nothing better to do with your life than to answer poll questions asking whether or not you like a certain race? Seriously?

Uh I have no interest in that site at all, thanks.

Sparx
10-21-2007, 10:16 PM
Needless bickering and personal attacks will do no one good, I would strongly urge all of you to take a step back and just breath. Everyone has the freedom to their own personal views and that is OK just as it is OK to disagree, agree, or whatever suits you. There is a PM feature at your disposal if anyone here feels they need to have a long debate about it. Seriously though guys, just say no thank you and move on if it's not for you. I don't think it's necessary to make a bigger issue out of this. People will decide for themselves.

As for this topic, I think I might have seen a few other threads about the server and what it can/could handle. A poll wasn't really necessary, but no harm done. Perhaps, this is actually a question of the number of moderators we currently have.....there are so many threads here nowadays and sometimes with no real clear direction, I can see why they have a hard time keeping the place neat and tidy.

CAKochenash
10-21-2007, 10:20 PM
Uh I have no interest in that site at all, thanks.

that was directed towards the douche that posted the link...dun dun

Chip
10-22-2007, 04:16 AM

Like the attitude. Keep up the fight and have your bomb$ ready for Nov. 5th and 11th.

By the way, the poll was hacked by ronbot - he is expert in such matters.

Trance Dance Master
10-22-2007, 12:22 PM
I rarely post on Stormfront anymore. VNNforum more my kind of place. This is more my kind of poll.

http://www.vnnforum.com/showthread.php?t=59292

kylejack
10-22-2007, 12:45 PM
I rarely post on Stormfront anymore. VNNforum more my kind of place. This is more my kind of poll.

http://www.vnnforum.com/showthread.php?t=59292

You have attempted to navigate to a site that is blocked because it is categorized as Racism and Hate

The AIG Code of Conduct along with AIG Policies and Standards prohibit visiting inappropriate websites. Please be reminded that all Internet browsing activities are being recorded and may be monitored.

angelatc
10-28-2007, 08:35 AM
It's just a hate site.