PDA

View Full Version : CPAC - Need help with transportation, lodging, etc? POST IN HERE!

MRoCkEd
12-26-2010, 04:10 PM
I thought I'd start this thread for anyone who wants to go to CPAC, but needs help getting there.

So if you need a ride or a place to stay, post it here.

Also, if you can offer other people rides or a place to stay in DC, post that too!

Thomas
12-26-2010, 04:22 PM
bump!

muzzled dogg
12-26-2010, 05:16 PM
I'll be Watchin this thread

speciallyblend
12-26-2010, 05:18 PM
Thread hijack!!!! What i dream of, 1 cpac ticket and a round trip ticket from denver co to attend! What i could offer if there, employee discount for 1 to 3 rooms at a hotel(if i am present)!! What would i have to do? I would have to leave my disabled wife for those days and also get off work losing what lil income i do make!!

all i want for my birthday and christmas is Ron Paul 2012!!

Kotin
12-26-2010, 05:39 PM
bump!

Great idea.

jdmyprez_deo_vindice
12-26-2010, 05:53 PM
I am flat broke and had to use all the money I had available to buy christmas for the kids so I could really just use a ticket (yes I am that freakin broke). My vehicle is in rough shape but I should be able to get it to d.c. and back for a few days and if need be I will just bring blankets and sleep on a bench.

speciallyblend
12-26-2010, 06:12 PM
I am flat broke and had to use all the money I had available to buy christmas for the kids so I could really just use a ticket (yes I am that freakin broke). My vehicle is in rough shape but I should be able to get it to d.c. and back for a few days and if need be I will just bring blankets and sleep on a bench.

i feel your pain:( good luck going!! it has been a hard few yrs for us but now that we have hit rock bottom i plan on stocking up on tar and feathers and sharpening my pitchfork!!!

brandon
12-26-2010, 06:23 PM
Where is a good place to stay for under 200/night?

Kotin
12-26-2010, 06:35 PM

dude if you start a chip in I will put up $50

I am sure others would donate as well!!

speciallyblend
12-26-2010, 06:41 PM

yeah i highly doubt i will be able to go! I would try to chipin a 10-20 spot for ya jd!

MRoCkEd
12-26-2010, 07:24 PM
Where is a good place to stay for under 200/night?
Omni Hotel with C4L discount (say you're a student)
http://www.campaignforliberty.com/event/cpac2011.php

As low as $100/night if you stay with one other person

As low as $62.75/night if you stay with three other people

jdmyprez_deo_vindice
12-26-2010, 07:35 PM
Thanks guys. I am considering starting a chip in for just enough to buy a ticket and I will figure the rest out. Mark, great idea for a thread. Rep incoming.

speciallyblend
12-26-2010, 07:38 PM
Thread hijack!!!! What i dream of, 1 cpac ticket and a round trip ticket from denver co to attend! What i could offer if there, employee discount for 1 to 3 rooms at a hotel(if i am present)!! What would i have to do? I would have to leave my disabled wife for those days and also get off work losing what lil income i do make!!

all i want for my birthday and christmas is Ron Paul 2012!!

where is the billionaire? sigh

jdmyprez_deo_vindice
12-26-2010, 07:42 PM
where is the billionaire? sigh

That would be nice right about now. I have an excellent potential of being wealthy and when the day comes I will probably spend quite a bit organizing busses by state for events such as this. I know so many people in this movement who would be at all of these things to help out but they just lack the financial means to make it happen.

Tinnuhana
12-26-2010, 07:42 PM
Anybody check out all the area youth hostels for prices, yet? They're usually rustic, but cheap.

KevinR
12-26-2010, 08:41 PM
I have a large 1 br apartment in College Park and will be going, I can have people over if you want to sleep on the floor...

Tinnuhana
12-26-2010, 08:42 PM
Check this out: Starts at $29/night and can have rooms with up to 10 people for more savings. Common room with 60" TV to watch C-SPAN on? There are others like this in DC, too, but this one is downtown, it seems. This site is also nation-wide, so you might want to see what they have around Ames, IA, too.

http://www.hiwashingtondc.org/rates.shtml

Matt Collins
12-26-2010, 09:04 PM
I'll be at the Omni.

trey4sports
12-26-2010, 11:33 PM
if someone can help me get a really good lodging deal or if someone is willing to let me sleep on their floor lol i'd be happy to sponsor their ticket to CPAC. Shoot me an email at trey4cubs(at)yahoo.com if you're interested

mr1
12-27-2010, 09:33 AM
I started a facebook group whose purpose is similar to this thread. I encourage everyone to join. I find it really hard to organize anything like this in forums thread like this, so I think the facebook group could be a bit of an improvement. I'm encouraging people to use the discussion forum in the group to connect and organize, and I'll be deleting old and irrelevant threads in order to keep things efficient and useful.

Check out the group here:
http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=114632881897209

And invite your friends.

Yieu
12-27-2010, 11:19 AM

I'm in a similar situation. I can find my way there, but the ticket cost is in the way.

libertybrewcity
12-27-2010, 04:29 PM
Okay people. I live in a dorm so I don't have any room, but my suggestion might save you lots of money.
The DC metro is cheap and extends more than 15miles into virginia and maryland in all directions.

I live near the last stop on the orange line (vienna/fairfax) and hotels are much cheaper around some of these areas. A lot of the metro stops have parking for really cheap. DC is insanely expensive but Virginia has much cheaper places to stay, cheaper food, and better environment in my opinion. Check it out:

From the last stop it only takes about 30 minutes during busy time to get into the city. That is about 18 miles out. Total round trip and parking your car in and out of the city might be 20 bucks or less, but parking your car in DC might take more than 30 minutes, plus major traffic, and might cost upwards of 50+ dollars.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-srv/metro/images/metromap_021605.gif

Matt Collins
12-27-2010, 04:38 PM
Omni Hotel with C4L discount (say you're a student)
http://www.campaignforliberty.com/event/cpac2011.php

As low as $100/night if you stay with one other person

As low as $62.75/night if you stay with three other people
You will NOT find a (safe / clean) hotel anywhere near DC for that price. It's a good deal, everyone should take up the CFL on it.

libertybrewcity
12-27-2010, 04:46 PM
you can also stay in hostels in dc for 40 bucks or less a night. some are 20-30.

http://www.hostelworld.com/search?search_keywords=Washington+DC%2C+USA&country=USA&city=Washington+DC

i haven't stayed in hostels in the US but in europe many are better than the hotels. you probably have to be under 30 to stay in them though.

puppetmaster
12-27-2010, 05:08 PM
I am in Reno....Can go, need transportation place to sleep shower etc..... anyone driving?

sailingaway
12-28-2010, 09:49 AM

I would. Where is this chip in?

speciallyblend and yeiu you should start chip ins, too. My kids have a tournament and I am a judge, and I am agonizing over it. People in my situation are cringing at the idea Ron might lose by one vote like at SRLC. You should give us ways to expiate our guilt....

sailingaway
12-28-2010, 10:13 AM
I started a facebook group whose purpose is similar to this thread. I encourage everyone to join. I find it really hard to organize anything like this in forums thread like this, so I think the facebook group could be a bit of an improvement. I'm encouraging people to use the discussion forum in the group to connect and organize, and I'll be deleting old and irrelevant threads in order to keep things efficient and useful.

Check out the group here:
http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=114632881897209

And invite your friends.

I don't facebook, though.

speciallyblend
12-28-2010, 10:28 AM
I would. Where is this chip in?

speciallyblend and yeiu you should start chip ins, too. My kids have a tournament and I am a judge, and I am agonizing over it. People in my situation are cringing at the idea Ron might lose by one vote like at SRLC. You should give us ways to expiate our guilt....

let me research the round trip ticket costs etc ,plus if i am able to go i can arrange a few employee rate rooms in the area for folks to stay at! I can only get these employee rates if i am present at the hotel;) I can just say they are family, my liberty -minded family;) let me get on this asap! i just needed some encouragement thanks sailingaway;) after everything that has happened to my wife. The only things i have positive in my life to live for are Ron Paul and my wife and family;)

edit, round trip is around 415 to 450 on southwest(non-stop) and cpac 89 bucks . I will talk to my boss to see if my employee rate is better then the cfl hotel rates!!

If the hotel rates are a lil better i could secure 1-3 rooms if rpf members or others might need. If that is not practical i could always crash on a floor in dc;)

Breaking News, if i go i will get a hair cut but not to short and shave:) The things i do for Ron Paul;)

the dates would cause me to lose 2 days of pay! Should i try to add all the costs to the chip in?? I can brown bag my food!!

sailingaway
12-28-2010, 12:23 PM
let me research the round trip ticket costs etc ,plus if i am able to go i can arrange a few employee rate rooms in the area for folks to stay at! I can only get these employee rates if i am present at the hotel;) I can just say they are family, my liberty -minded family;) let me get on this asap! i just needed some encouragement thanks sailingaway;) after everything that has happened to my wife. The only things i have positive in my life to live for are Ron Paul and my wife and family;)

edit, round trip is around 415 to 450 on southwest(non-stop) and cpac 89 bucks . I will talk to my boss to see if my employee rate is better then the cfl hotel rates!!

If the hotel rates are a lil better i could secure 1-3 rooms if rpf members or others might need. If that is not practical i could always crash on a floor in dc;)

Breaking News, if i go i will get a hair cut but not to short and shave:) The things i do for Ron Paul;)

the dates would cause me to lose 2 days of pay! Should i try to add all the costs to the chip in?? I can brown bag my food!!

I wouldn't add the lost pay.... I think you'd get less chip ins....the reason a lot of people don't go is for the lost pay, but if you can't lose that, maybe it just isn't a good idea. It is your chip in, and you can do what you want, but I think people are willing to sacrifice because you are sacrificing.... if you add in pay.... well, I've just never seen that in a chip in. That is just my opinion, though. It seems more like paying someone to vote, rather than helping pay their expenses so they CAN vote....

I have read that Romney has paid staffers at these things voting for him. (I read that on the interwebs and have no independent proof of it.) I don't think we want that.

speciallyblend
12-28-2010, 04:59 PM
I wouldn't add the lost pay.... I think you'd get less chip ins....the reason a lot of people don't go is for the lost pay, but if you can't lose that, maybe it just isn't a good idea. It is your chip in, and you can do what you want, but I think people are willing to sacrifice because you are sacrificing.... if you add in pay.... well, I've just never seen that in a chip in. That is just my opinion, though. It seems more like paying someone to vote, rather than helping pay their expenses so they CAN vote....

I have read that Romney has paid staffers at these things voting for him. (I read that on the interwebs and have no independent proof of it.) I don't think we want that.

no worries i didn't add any of that stuff just kept it simple plane ticket and cpac ticket! I will eat boxes of reeses puffs if i have to:) i just need to find a floor somewhere!! hoping someone will pick me up from the airport. If i have to i will wak the distance from airport to cpac!! i rmemeber seeing a guy post he had a floor on another thread i will im him to see if floor space still available.

my chip in http://comtnsradioads.chipin.com/cpac-2011-ron-paul-2012

speciallyblend
12-28-2010, 05:18 PM
You will NOT find a (safe / clean) hotel anywhere near DC for that price. It's a good deal, everyone should take up the CFL on it.

the legend is spot on, the hotel i work for is not in the direct area and the cfl deal is a deal folks. I work at a hotel and deal with expedia and the rest of them. The deal i am seeing that cfl has secured rocks!!

ok anyone have a floor space and can come get me from the airport and return me to dc airport??

speciallyblend
12-28-2010, 05:25 PM
I have a large 1 br apartment in College Park and will be going, I can have people over if you want to sleep on the floor...

KevinR,i sent you a message!

Matt Collins
12-28-2010, 08:10 PM
the legend is spot onAlways am :p:cool::)

Matt Collins
12-28-2010, 08:15 PM
My kids have a tournament and I am a judge, and I am agonizing over it. People in my situation are cringing at the idea Ron might lose by one vote like at SRLC. You should give us ways to expiate our guilt....Pack your bags, the guilt trip is coming...

Do YOU want to be the reason that Ron loses this time around?
If not I suggest you show up and vote.

Yes your kids are important, and your actions here can help give them a better life. If Ron wins CPAC, gets a ton of free positive press getting hours of airtime for our ideas, and then continues to gain steam, who knows what will happen.

The Founders risked and sacrificed much more than time with their families. In our hands is the future of the Republic, what are you going to choose?

Tinnuhana
12-30-2010, 05:52 AM
How many YAL members are there near DC? Any of them need a hand getting there? Any area C4L members? I'm all for helping anyone who wants to go there, but it would really be cost effective to help out with the locals if they need something. In exchange, they might have some dorm/floor space for sleeping.
If any of you belong to national/international support groups that have area hospitality "chairs", you might want to contact them. I and my parents hosted a student from Poland in NH for a month because she contacted the state's hospitality person for a group I belong to and they put her in touch with me. So if you belong to Toastmasters or something, look up the area group and see if they can help.

Agorism
12-30-2010, 06:15 AM
Right now would be a nice time to be an undergraduate. Despite being a conservative at the time, I was not very politically active when I was in undergraduate because I found the candidates so depressing. I always thought of the Young Republicans as a stooge organization anyways. Seriously was I supposed to travel all the way to D.C. to go to CPAC to help George Bush defeat Al Gore?

At least we have reasonable candidates now, and we have YAL as an alternative political organization to the young republicans.

sailingaway
12-30-2010, 08:37 AM
Pack your bags, the guilt trip is coming...

Do YOU want to be the reason that Ron loses this time around?
If not I suggest you show up and vote.

Yes your kids are important, and your actions here can help give them a better life. If Ron wins CPAC, gets a ton of free positive press getting hours of airtime for our ideas, and then continues to gain steam, who knows what will happen.

The Founders risked and sacrificed much more than time with their families. In our hands is the future of the Republic, what are you going to choose?

I'm chipping in for some who couldn't otherwise attend, which I figure covers my vote. I take it you do not have kids. This is their big tournament of the year and they have to deliver their share of judges or the team doesn't go. The judges have to have experience from judging previously. I hadn't planned, early, to go to CPAC from California. I figured attendance would be more regional. Now I really am upset about it, but I am doing my part so others can go.

In fact, I came on this thread for that reason:

Important cheap lodging information

from another thread:

Hi folks. I just wanted to let everyone know about an often under-looked route to take for lodging. Along the old highway in Fairfax, Virginia there are numerous run down motor lodges and motels. Yes they are pretty small and cramped but you can get a room with 2 beds for 40 dollars a night at some of them. That's what my College Conservatives club did for cpac last year and it worked out great.

If you want details about it, you should probably pm VT_Bircher since he is the one who has done it before.....

Matt Collins
12-30-2010, 11:50 AM
I'm chipping in for some who couldn't otherwise attend, which I figure covers my vote.Yeah that is almost as good as going yourself. If you can help get others there that is always beneficial.

speciallyblend
01-03-2011, 12:58 AM
beckin

speciallyblend
01-03-2011, 06:45 PM
beckin , i am at 52% now