PDA

View Full Version : Sen. Coburn: “Apocalyptic Pain” Coming If Government Spending Not Controlled Now

MRoCkEd
12-26-2010, 01:27 PM
http://www.mediaite.com/tv/sen-coburn-apocalyptic-pain-coming-if-government-spending-not-controlled-now/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+mediaite%2FClHj+(Mediaite)&utm_content=FaceBook

Senator Tom Coburn appeared on Fox News Sunday and sounded the alarm bills for out of control government spending and how the nation’s debt very well could be the end of the American way of life as we know it. Coburn’s rare bluntness might be related to the fact that he also announced he will strictly adhere to a self-imposed limit and not run for re-election in 2016 after he completes his second term as Senator. Therefore, since he never needs to face the voters again, he doesn’t need to sugarcoat his message that basically America is in serious trouble.

Coburn predicted that if his economic concerns are not addressed then “I think you’ll see a 15 to 18 percent unemployment rate. I think you’ll see a 8 to 9 percent decline in GDP. I think you’ll see the middle class just destroyed [and] the people it will harm the most will be the poorest of the poor,” Coburn said, since the government will try to print money to improve the economy and hyperinflation will result. To heighten concern even further, Coburn urged “if we [don't] take some pain now, we’re going to experience apocalyptic pain” and cautions that most republics in history only last 200 years before fiscal problems destroy them. And Coburn certainly suggests we’re on that path towards ruination.

Watch the chilling forecast from Fox News here. (http://www.mediaite.com/tv/sen-coburn-apocalyptic-pain-coming-if-government-spending-not-controlled-now/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+mediaite%2FClHj+(Mediaite)&utm_content=FaceBook)

Sola_Fide
12-26-2010, 01:33 PM
Ron Paul has won the debate.

Kotin
12-26-2010, 01:34 PM
found some balls eh, Senator?

this should be good.

lynnf
12-26-2010, 02:58 PM
http://www.mediaite.com/tv/sen-coburn-apocalyptic-pain-coming-if-government-spending-not-controlled-now/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+mediaite%2FClHj+(Mediaite)&utm_content=FaceBook

Senator Tom Coburn appeared on Fox News Sunday and sounded the alarm bills for out of control government spending and how the nation’s debt very well could be the end of the American way of life as we know it. Coburn’s rare bluntness might be related to the fact that he also announced he will strictly adhere to a self-imposed limit and not run for re-election in 2016 after he completes his second term as Senator. Therefore, since he never needs to face the voters again, he doesn’t need to sugarcoat his message that basically America is in serious trouble.

Coburn predicted that if his economic concerns are not addressed then “I think you’ll see a 15 to 18 percent unemployment rate. I think you’ll see a 8 to 9 percent decline in GDP. I think you’ll see the middle class just destroyed [and] the people it will harm the most will be the poorest of the poor,” Coburn said, since the government will try to print money to improve the economy and hyperinflation will result. To heighten concern even further, Coburn urged “if we [don't] take some pain now, we’re going to experience apocalyptic pain” and cautions that most republics in history only last 200 years before fiscal problems destroy them. And Coburn certainly suggests we’re on that path towards ruination.

Watch the chilling forecast from Fox News here. (http://www.mediaite.com/tv/sen-coburn-apocalyptic-pain-coming-if-government-spending-not-controlled-now/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+mediaite%2FClHj+(Mediaite)&utm_content=FaceBook)

I think he's wrong.......

there are many of us that have been in extreme pain for years.

we're headed to apocalyptic pain no matter what we do .... it's already too late. too many jobs that aren't coming back, shipped overseas for too many years. too many foreigners brought in here, legal and illegal. too many years of football, movies, and video games. too many years of killing farms and importing food. too many years of dumbing down education and brainwashing in schools. too many years of destruction of the family. too many years of dumping God out of our lives. it's too much and we will find out fairly soon if I'm right or not. I hope I'm not, but fear that I am.

oh, but there might be one thing that could be done.... repudiate the debt. but if we did that would anyone sell us the food that we no longer can produce? still a quandary.

lynn

Corydoras
12-26-2010, 04:05 PM
Pat Buchanan was warning about this like 20 years ago, but nobody listened.

american.swan
12-26-2010, 04:33 PM
I sort of agree it's too late, but there's hope. IF some things happened that won't, like we slashed business regulations and slashed taxes (government would have to be cut) and allowed interest rates to return to market forces, I think we'd be kicked back in time, but at least we'd start growing in 12 short months and the depression we're in would be officially history. KEY POINT: BLESS THE SAVERS, because there's NO WAY to bless the spenders. LOCK IN THE CURRENT PRICE of FOOD by ending the FED's printing and raise the bank reserve requirement to like 50% or MORE!! Limiting that stupid fractional reserve banking nonsense, in a hope we can end it all together. Honestly, I don't think we can end fractional reserve banking. The free market should be allowed to work. Wise banks would have 75-90% reserves, while foolish banks would have 30-60%, let the public decide how their money's used.

How about a moratorium on the welfare state for everyone? That'd save some cash. We can't afford it anyway.

Koz
12-26-2010, 04:39 PM
How did Tommy vote on TARP, or the Bush stimulus? I'm guessing yes on both accounts.

Here's a newsflash Coburn, we are already at 17% unemployment and have really high inflation, it's just that the numbers the gubment is feeding us are bullshit.

AGRP
12-26-2010, 05:39 PM
I don't remember who said it (most likely Ron Paul), but the only way to manage the debt is to eliminate most federal departments.

Pericles
12-26-2010, 05:51 PM
Try again http://perotcharts.com/

1000-points-of-fright
12-26-2010, 05:57 PM
sounded the alarm bills?

Am I the only one that noticed that? Or am I the only one who cares?

tangent4ronpaul
12-26-2010, 06:12 PM
Am I the only one that noticed that? Or am I the only one who cares?

noticed it and was wondering if it was a typo, or if he'd introduced legislation to wake Congress and the public up.

It's probably a typo.

Bummer that he's term limiting himself. If he's serious about this, we need more people like him in the Senate, not less. He will probably just be replaced by some corporate puppet.

As to not sugar coating it - that should actually win him votes, it's not a bad thing.

-t

Koz
12-26-2010, 06:51 PM
I don't remember who said it (most likely Ron Paul), but the only way to manage the debt is to eliminate most federal departments.

I'm in total agreement.

1000-points-of-fright
12-26-2010, 09:17 PM
noticed it and was wondering if it was a typo, or if he'd introduced legislation to wake Congress and the public up.

It's probably a typo.

Maybe it was a pun.

Anti Federalist
12-26-2010, 09:22 PM

Shit, nobody's listening now.

AxisMundi
12-26-2010, 09:26 PM

"Chilling forecast"?

No, "Empty Rhetoric and Fear Mongering", the bread and butter of what passes as the modern GOP.

AxisMundi
12-26-2010, 09:31 PM

Because it's hysterical bull-poo.

We the People certainly need to rally and indeed turn around our Elected Employees, and their governing mentalities.

But indulging in this Mad Max dystopian wonderland fantasy than gives the hard-right hard-ons simply detracts from that effort.

It is fear mongering at its best from the party who detests the Democratic Principle when it sees them removed from power.

HOLLYWOOD
12-26-2010, 09:59 PM
If you dare challenge the policies of the Imperial Empire you are considered a RADICAL. This was there policies during the elections for true Tea Party/Constitutionalist candidates. The ignorant public listen to the bullshit propaganda dished out by the paid media and government.

Until something breaks the social engineering of Government/Establishment indoctrination, things will only get worst.

People are happy to have their morsels of bread crumbs no matter what the cost.

AxisMundi
12-27-2010, 04:38 PM
If you dare challenge the policies of the Imperial Empire you are considered a RADICAL. This was there policies during the elections for true Tea Party/Constitutionalist candidates. The ignorant public listen to the bullshit propaganda dished out by the paid media and government.

Until something breaks the social engineering of Government/Establishment indoctrination, things will only get worst.

People are happy to have their morsels of bread crumbs no matter what the cost.

Ever stop to think that the TP/Constitutional Party are part of the Establishment and have as much substance as the wool they are pulling over people's eyes?