PDA

View Full Version : Is the TSA our version of the German SS?

Koz
12-26-2010, 11:02 AM
For some reason I read an article about Hitler's SS and it struck me, the TSA is our version of the SS is it not? Please comment.

sailingaway
12-26-2010, 11:05 AM
Well, not the torture part.

But it is unAmerican, that is for sure.

Philhelm
12-26-2010, 11:12 AM
The TSA isn't militarized (yet) so I'd have to say no. Even if they were, it wouldn't be accurate to compare them to the SS really. As had been said above, it's still un-American.

Icymudpuppy
12-26-2010, 11:12 AM
The SS were generally chosen from Germany's elite soldiers. The fatties and whatnot of the TSA definitely would not have made the cut.

Todd
12-26-2010, 11:18 AM
The SS were generally chosen from Germany's elite soldiers. The fatties and whatnot of the TSA definitely would not have made the cut.

True. They are not the elite.

amy31416
12-26-2010, 11:35 AM
Blackwater/Xe is probably more akin to the SS, especially when you mix them in with the CIA.

Stary Hickory
12-26-2010, 11:58 AM
It certainly is part of the growing US police state. With all the illegal wiretaps, monitoring of our credit cards and so forth...it certainly is a visible arm of the police state.

One which Americans must reject

JustinTime
12-26-2010, 12:13 PM
Well "Schutzstaffel" translates as "Security Squad".

wormyguy
12-26-2010, 12:35 PM
Despite all that I've heard about the TSA, I've yet to hear about them rounding up and killing millions of civilians. That's a profoundly idiotic, offensive proposition.

Pericles
12-26-2010, 01:39 PM
Well "Schutzstaffel" translates as "Security Squad".
That translates from the first function of the SS, that of Hitler's personal security detail, from which the SS was expanded and performed the elimination of the SA. Once the Nazis were in power, there were two branches of the SS, the Waffen SS (which was organized along military lines as divisions, Corps, and field armies), and the Allgemeine SS, which ran the concentration camps, and a subordinate unit of the Allgemeine SS, the SD (Sicherheitsdienst) which performed the field executions, and torture of prisoners.

To, join the SS, one had to be racially "pure" with no physical defects, a member of the party, and complete two years of military service.

lynnf
12-26-2010, 03:04 PM
For some reason I read an article about Hitler's SS and it struck me, the TSA is our version of the SS is it not? Please comment.

they're not quite the Brown Shirts, either. but maybe they will be evolving since they seem to be expanding out of the airports.

Petit Tonnerre
12-26-2010, 03:18 PM
My grand mother is an ethnic German from Eastern France, near the German border, and she was subject to the germanization process during WWII. She told me, that the hitlerjungend and nazification part was still bearable, but that the SS really were the nastiest thing they had to live with during that time. They would come to each house in her village, count everything they own, chickens, beefs, sheeps, flour, money whatever they had, and made lists for everything about everybody.
If you lied about anything to them, you could be beaten, or arrested and sent God knows where...
Her brothers were forced to join the Wermacht, but had they been taller, she told me they would have become SS soldiers.

Also she told me about what her brother, said about them, when he was in Poland with his regular army unit, and the SS, were assigned doing some dirty work, killing some jews or Polish civilians, I don't remember. And his unit was called to come and clean the mess, help burying bodies and so on. He told my family, he was disgusted and ashamed by SS conduct and had enough of this, and apparently he might have died trying to desert his unit to surrender to the Russians.

Austrian Econ Disciple
12-26-2010, 03:28 PM
If anything is close to the SS it would be SWAT. They are the domestic arm of the regime.

Matt Collins
12-26-2010, 03:31 PM
This image has been floating around the web quite a bit lately:

http://objectsinmotion.org/wp-content/uploads/2010/10/TSA-Nazi-Logo-300x199.jpg

amy31416
12-26-2010, 03:58 PM
Ron Paul wants you to join him @ CPAC in DC Feb 11
!!! DISCOUNT TICKETS AVAILABLE - click here !!!
Please use promo code "COLLINS".

I think it's great that there are discounts available, but whoever is feeding your ego.....ahem.....needs to be smacked about.

Imaginos
12-26-2010, 04:10 PM
qft.

JustinTime
12-26-2010, 04:33 PM
That translates from the first function of the SS, that of Hitler's personal security detail, from which the SS was expanded and performed the elimination of the SA. Once the Nazis were in power, there were two branches of the SS, the Waffen SS (which was organized along military lines as divisions, Corps, and field armies), and the Allgemeine SS, which ran the concentration camps, and a subordinate unit of the Allgemeine SS, the SD (Sicherheitsdienst) which performed the field executions, and torture of prisoners.

To, join the SS, one had to be racially "pure" with no physical defects, a member of the party, and complete two years of military service.

Yeah, Im just trying to point out that no matter how ridiculous the comparison may seem today, history shows these things often begin in a rather innocuous way, 'security' and whatnot. For your own good, of course.

Who knows what the TSA will grow into? Im not saying it will become anything like the SS, but the likelyhood that it will increases exponentially if the citizenry doesnt keep a close eye on it, or just abolish it altogether.

Ive heard talk that TSA may get jurisdiction over any sort of transportation, even on roads, who knows, the day may come when walking from my bedroom to the john falls under the TSA's mandate to 'protect'.

tpreitzel
12-26-2010, 05:55 PM

Fundamentally, yes. The state police apparatus continually spreads and will eventually be militarized. Just like the military, the state apparatus behind the TSA will eventually specialize into elite, militarized units. Simply put, the DHS/TSA MUST be stopped now. Senator Enzi, are you PROUD like Wal-Mart to support (in your case,voting) the un"Patriot" Act and it's fascist offshoots like the TSA now? Hmmmmmmmmmmm?

Pericles
12-26-2010, 06:01 PM
If you are looking for a parallel, the Gestapo (Geheim Staats Polizei) might end up being the closer match to the DHS and its various security letters and fusion centers et. al.

speciallyblend
12-26-2010, 06:01 PM
I think it's great that there are discounts available, but whoever is feeding your ego.....ahem.....needs to be smacked about.

I am confused what has he done other then try to save money and get folks to cpac? I do not see the collins as having a big ego.

what specifics has the collins done that seems to piss some folks off??

Lucille
12-27-2010, 11:10 AM
Welcome to Homeland America: Big Sister is Watching (http://freestudents.blogspot.com/2010/12/welcome-to-homeland-america-big-sister.html)

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_78ZrJuZ3q5g/TQ0fyd0en7I/AAAAAAAADGs/eu2RXgSxJ9o/s400/Screen%2Bshot%2B2010-12-18%2Bat%2B12.55.07%2BPM.png

“They’re not the same Americans now. They crave authority (http://www.fredoneverything.net/Bob.shtml),” he said. “They lust after regulation. They love being frisked, x-rayed, and felt-up at airports because it gives them a false sense of significance.”
[...]
We really are turning into a nation of quivering weasels.