PDA

View Full Version : should banks be allowed to refuse legitimate businesses, persons?

cindy25
12-26-2010, 04:16 AM
not just banks-it could also be an isp, electric co, phone co......

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/12/26/opinion/26sun3.html?_r=2

noxagol
12-26-2010, 06:55 AM
Yes, obviously.

The problem in the article derives from the fact that major banking has been cartellized by the government.

LibForestPaul
12-26-2010, 10:41 AM
Capps iii ?

akforme
12-26-2010, 11:43 AM
The distract this crap with emotion.

Should a free person be allowed to decide who they want to work with and help out? Or should the government be allowed to tell us who we can work for and with?

guitarlifter
12-26-2010, 11:58 AM
Any business or person, save for the government, should be able to decide with and for whom they work. If a business doesn't want to hire, give service or supply goods a certain race, religion, age, gender, that's fine. It doesn't matter if people don't like it. It's that person's business, and they are not violating anyone else's rights by discrimination. One thing that can make those kinds of businesses not as prevalent is to not do business with that business. If a coffee shop refuses service to blacks, and, if the entire community otherwise does not have any discrimination, the community could simply not buy from that coffee shop. I can guarantee you that coffee shop will change very quickly lest they go out of business.

wormyguy
12-26-2010, 01:17 PM
Any business or person, save for the government, should be able to decide with and for whom they work. If a business doesn't want to hire, give service or supply goods a certain race, religion, age, gender, that's fine. It doesn't matter if people don't like it. It's that person's business, and they are not violating anyone else's rights by discrimination. One thing that can make those kinds of businesses not as prevalent is to not do business with that business. If a coffee shop refuses service to blacks, and, if the entire community otherwise does not have any discrimination, the community could simply not buy from that coffee shop. I can guarantee you that coffee shop will change very quickly lest they go out of business.

Indeed. For the same reason, "right to work" laws are also wrong.

Pericles
12-26-2010, 01:49 PM
As long as there is no restriction on me opening my own bank, I'd be fine with that.