PDA

View Full Version : Health Insurance Jail/Fine??

speciallyblend
12-25-2010, 06:52 PM
Hi folks not everyone here knows our story but the short version is we had health insurance and approval letters and in the end we were left with 500,000 in medical bills and have lost everything!!

knowing that gov health care is a LIE and Private as well! We will be the people that will refuse any mandated insurance gov or private! PERIOD!!!!! note (there is no emotion to describe the anger i have)

I will not pay it thru my payroll taxes or any fines(even if i have to quit my job). I suspect eventually i will be fined to death or jailed??? I really see no way around this except to leave the country eventually!!!

It seems the only way to fight this is to leave the country and refuse to pay my taxes,considering the irs owes me over the last 2 yrs. I am pretty much thinking of stopping my filing of taxes now!
I am done(f'in done) with the irs,banks,most corporations and insurance companies(gov or private)..

The sad part is i know there really is no solution other then fleeing this country!! I Feel like throwing my hands up in the air and saying f'it!:mad::mad::mad::mad: mad doesn't even begin to explain!

kahless
12-25-2010, 07:24 PM
I hear you. In tough times I had to drop health insurance since it was a choice between paying the $600 premium or do without food, shelter and utilities such as heat, water, etc. I am near in that spot again and thanks to Obama-Pelosi my health insurance premiums increased but this time around I am "mandated" to keep it. Pretty obvious what choice I and most people are going to make in this situation.

The thing is there is just too many Americans in this spot these days so I do not think they are going to get away with this even if the Republican's and the Supreme court fail to over turn it. If they do fail I at least hope there will be mass protests since this issue crosses party lines.

I really see no way around this except to leave the country eventually!!!

That will not be easy since the long arm of the IRS wants your income for a period of years after you leave no matter where you are in the world and will try to get it through international agreements. They own on us like cattle.

LukeP
12-25-2010, 07:39 PM
I forget what the threshold is in terms of ones net worth where they classify you as renouncing your citizenship for the purpose of tax avoidance. I think it is like $100k or something. Then the IRS says you have to pay income tax for the next 10 years after. The biggest problem I think is finding a country that will accept you in. Most western countries like ours are also overrun with immigrants from poor counties and their immigration policies have become very strict. Poor counties are also hard to get into but even if you get some type of permanent residence status there aren't jobs available for you to support yourself once you are there. I agree with your sympathies and many others who have predicted there will be a mass emigration from the US at some point in the near future. But in terms of legally immigrating to other counties I don't know what your options are. The easiest way to immigrate somewhere still remains doing it by marriage but since you are married it doesn't seem like an option. Maybe you should move to New Hampshire, at least you can avoid State & Sales tax.