PDA

View Full Version : Rahm Emmanuel Cleared to be Mayor of Chicago

TNforPaul45
12-25-2010, 01:01 AM
http://i.cdn.turner.com/cnn/2010/POLITICS/12/23/emanuel.chicago.residency/t1larg.emanuel.gi.jpg

"Heh, I've done it again!"

http://www.cnn.com/2010/POLITICS/12/23/emanuel.chicago.residency/index.html

. . . I say "cleared to be mayor" because there is little doubt that he will win it. I would be very surprised if he did not. This was his last little obstacle.

Philhelm
12-25-2010, 01:25 AM
May his seed be infertile, his women-folk barren, and all records of his existence be expunged, so that the shameful Emmanuel line may one day be purged from memory.

Just to be clear, I hope he loses.

amonasro
12-25-2010, 02:54 AM
Everybody sing!

O come O Rahm Emanuel...
And ransom captive Israel...

Andrew-Austin
12-25-2010, 03:07 AM
A fitting ruler for such a revolting city.

nbruno322
12-25-2010, 03:10 AM
This creep Rahm has higher aspirations than mayor of Chicago.

He has articulated many times that after being the mayor her would like to return to Congress to be the speaker of the house and then eventually run for the White House. He needs to be defeated now.

Daamien
12-25-2010, 04:30 AM
My deepest sympathy and condolences to the people of Chicago for this misfortune.

ForeverAlone
12-25-2010, 04:48 AM
My deepest sympathy and condolences to the people of Chicago for this misfortune.

You should have had sympathy for us long ago. How much worse is Rahm than what we have right now? Any additional harm this man could do would only be marginal.

virgil47
12-25-2010, 06:56 PM
I guess he didn't have to be a resident just like the Pres. It seems that the rules are only for the honest law abiding citizens.

Philhelm
12-25-2010, 07:03 PM
I guess he didn't have to be a resident just like the Pres. It seems that the rules are only for the honest law abiding citizens peasants.

Just specified your original comment a bit. ;)

(I hate the new emotes...)

Koz
12-25-2010, 07:48 PM
The people of Chicago deserve this. They keep voting in people who raise taxes and spend lots of money.

My brother and sister live there, and I keep telling them to get out. The sales taxes alone are ridiculous.

Pericles
12-25-2010, 08:50 PM
I guess he didn't have to be a resident just like the Pres. It seems that the rules are only for the honest law abiding citizens.

Yeah, like in my role as judge, I have reviewed my decision as the jury, and find that I made the right decision for me to execute.

Adolfo Mena Gonzalez
12-25-2010, 08:53 PM
This creep Rahm has higher aspirations than mayor of Chicago.

He has articulated many times that after being the mayor her would like to return to Congress to be the speaker of the house and then eventually run for the White House. He needs to be defeated now.
I think he will use this term as Mayor as a spring board for a Presidential run in 2016

Philhelm
12-25-2010, 08:56 PM
I think he will use this term as Mayor as a spring board for a Presidential run in 2016

I almost gave you negative rep for even suggesting such a dreadful thing...lol

Adolfo Mena Gonzalez
12-25-2010, 09:01 PM
I almost gave you negative rep for even suggesting such a dreadful thing...lol

I know, but it is very possible, after this, he will have "experience" as an executive running one of the largest cities in the country. And unlike Giuliani, he has experience in the executive branch of the federal government and in the legislative branch. He will run as a "Pragmatic", "Reasonable" and "moderate" candidate who has experience in government to carry on Obama's legacy and make effective "change".

TCE
12-25-2010, 10:32 PM
The people of Chicago deserve this. They keep voting in people who raise taxes and spend lots of money.

My brother and sister live there, and I keep telling them to get out. The sales taxes alone are ridiculous.

The politics are horrible, that is obvious, but the city isn't inherently bad. Just go buy things in the neighboring suburbs, it's what everyone does which is why the neighboring suburbs love when Chicago hikes its taxes. Sovereign state competition, anyone?

cindy25
12-25-2010, 11:14 PM
I don't understand why he is the front-runner; he has no ethnic base, no personality. A Jewish technocrat as Mayor of any city except NYC just seems unreal.

Adolfo Mena Gonzalez
12-25-2010, 11:36 PM
I don't understand why he is the front-runner; he has no ethnic base, no personality. A Jewish technocrat as Mayor of any city except NYC just seems unreal.

What are you talking about? He has white liberal yuppies who think they are smart because they drink starbucks and watch jon stewart, he also has every voting Jew, which is enough to win him an election in Chicago. That is a pretty good chunk of the voting population

mport1
12-26-2010, 12:15 AM
Ugh, and I just moved to Chicago. Rahm is such a psychopath, proposing national slavery (national "service").

Legend1104
12-26-2010, 02:17 AM
At least he won't be drawing unemployment.