PDA

View Full Version : Vote for Ron in the WaPo poll!

sailingaway
12-24-2010, 07:25 PM
hxxp://views.washingtonpost.com/leadership/2010/12/who_is_2010s_leader_of_the_year/all.html?hpid=smartliving

h/t Matt Collins in Ron's forum

The link is broken on purpose because even though we only vote once, sites often think we are cheating if they follow their link back to an RP site. (Or at least they use that claim as an excuse to pull him.) Right now Ron is ahead, but not by a ton, over Obama.

Agorism
12-24-2010, 07:35 PM
I voted for Suu Kyi, but Paul is winning.

tangent4ronpaul
12-24-2010, 08:06 PM
30% to 23% is a pretty good lead!

-t

Michael Landon
12-24-2010, 08:38 PM
Voted.

- ML

sailingaway
12-25-2010, 09:11 AM
Bump for more votes!

And Merry Christmas!

Working Poor
12-25-2010, 09:41 AM
he is loosing ground better go vote....

Revolution_Ready
12-25-2010, 09:49 AM
Thanks! I voted for Nancy as usual.

rprprs
12-25-2010, 10:16 AM
voted.

And MERRY CHRISTMAS!

erowe1
12-25-2010, 10:19 AM
Here's an unbroken link for those who want to use it:
http://views.washingtonpost.com/leadership/2010/12/who_is_2010s_leader_of_the_year/all.html?hpid=smartliving

erowe1
12-25-2010, 10:26 AM
Silly question:

How do you vote? I can't find it.

Michigan11
12-25-2010, 10:29 AM
Worked for me. You may have to wait for it to load? Ron is at 29% but only up by 8%

sailingaway
12-25-2010, 10:39 AM
Here's an unbroken link for those who want to use it:
http://views.washingtonpost.com/leadership/2010/12/who_is_2010s_leader_of_the_year/all.html?hpid=smartliving

Why do you do that? I explained above why we shouldn't be using live links.

If people do use this please right click to open in a new tab, at least!

sailingaway
12-25-2010, 10:40 AM
voted.

And MERRY CHRISTMAS!

And Merry Christmas to you!!

erowe1
12-25-2010, 10:41 AM

I did it for those of us who don't think it matters.

Others who follow your reasoning are still welcome to do it that way.

erowe1
12-25-2010, 10:41 AM
Worked for me. You may have to wait for it to load? Ron is at 29% but only up by 8%

That is weird. I've tried it on three different browsers and still can't see any poll there.

Yieu
12-25-2010, 10:56 AM

I don't think opening in a new tab would break the referral information.

There are options for live links that give no referral information.

This is one: http://anonym.to/

Sentient Void
12-25-2010, 02:21 PM
Voted ;-)

MaxPower
12-25-2010, 02:59 PM
He's slipped to 28%- reinforcements?

Imaginos
12-25-2010, 03:00 PM
Done.
At this moment, Ron Paul is the first with 28% vote.

Austrian Econ Disciple
12-25-2010, 03:31 PM
Ron isn't a leader. He doesn't even believe in the concept of leadership. He wants all of us to lead our own lives, to make our own choices, and to follow ourselves. Ron is an inspiration, and works to promote a philosophy -- a philosophy I might add which is very weary of leaders, titles, authority, and centralization. Movements die and change when 'leaders' do. Ron is a facilitator. If a majority of the movement ever look to leaders as liberators, or salvation, or whatever other authority we will have lost before we even have a chance to win. Jefferson saw it the same way. Our only guiding light should be liberty and the philosophy it embodies. Those who wish to bring that message to the people and to live it we should admire and support, but never look at as a leader. Every individual should become their own leader, their own teacher, and their own activist. After-all, it is easy to co-opt a movement with clearly defined leaders, but much more difficult to co-opt a philosophy and a movement where every individual is their own leader, and a clear philosophy showing the way. Something to ruminate on.

Hero-worship is strongest where there is least regard for human freedom.

Anti Federalist
12-25-2010, 03:58 PM
Ron isn't a leader. He doesn't even believe in the concept of leadership. He wants all of us to lead our own lives, to make our own choices, and to follow ourselves. Ron is an inspiration, and works to promote a philosophy -- a philosophy I might add which is very weary of leaders, titles, authority, and centralization. Movements die and change when 'leaders' do. Ron is a facilitator. If a majority of the movement ever look to leaders as liberators, or salvation, or whatever other authority we will have lost before we even have a chance to win. Jefferson saw it the same way. Our only guiding light should be liberty and the philosophy it embodies. Those who wish to bring that message to the people and to live it we should admire and support, but never look at as a leader. Every individual should become their own leader, their own teacher, and their own activist. After-all, it is easy to co-opt a movement with clearly defined leaders, but much more difficult to co-opt a philosophy and a movement where every individual is their own leader, and a clear philosophy showing the way. Something to ruminate on.

That ^^^ +rep.

I've never regarded RP as a "leader" and I'm also quite sure, he would be bemused, at best, if he had the label applied to him.

He is at his best when he's pointing out that "I don't want to run the world or run or your life. I wouldn't know how to, and even if I did, I don't have the authority to do so".

sailingaway
12-25-2010, 04:10 PM
That ^^^ +rep.

I've never regarded RP as a "leader" and I'm also quite sure, he would be bemused, at best, if he had the label applied to him.

He is at his best when he's pointing out that "I don't want to run the world or run or your life. I wouldn't know how to, and even if I did, I don't have the authority to do so".

You know, I used to think that, but whenever something like wikileaks comes up and everyone is waiting to see what everyone else says, and Ron just sails out there and says it, I have to figure he's something. Don't call him a leader if you don't like. But vote for him anyhow in the poll?

Anti Federalist
12-25-2010, 04:16 PM
You know, I used to think that, but whenever something like wikileaks comes up and everyone is waiting to see what everyone else says, and Ron just sails out there and says it, I have to figure he's something. Don't call him a leader if you don't like. But vote for him anyhow in the poll?

Prophet?

LoL, already voted when I first read your post.

nobody's_hero
12-25-2010, 04:22 PM
I agree with the misnomer of "leader". But this poll will be looked at by people who are still stuck looking for 'leaders.' I could think of worse people to "lead" them than Ron Paul and thus, he gets my vote.

Prophet?

More like a historian. I firmly believe we're in the mess we're in because people don't know world history—not because they can't predict the future.

---------------
Merry Christmas

Tinnuhana
12-25-2010, 06:16 PM
Ron Paul is not Gandalf. He's Frodo and we have to do our part in the fellowship to get him to Mordor so he can throw the ring into the fire. The conventional "leader", no matter how principled, cannot do this.
I'm voting for Ron in hopes that more people will hear the message and join us at the gates.

speciallyblend
12-25-2010, 06:30 PM
Has not voted yet and i don't have a basement!

FiannaPaul
12-25-2010, 06:39 PM
RP leading with 28%

Obama 2nd with 21%

No suprise there though, we always win online polls, they can't profile voters

JS4Pat
12-25-2010, 06:48 PM
Voted.

Merry Christmas!

rprprs
12-26-2010, 07:19 AM
bump for more votes

sailingaway
12-26-2010, 09:31 AM
RP leading with 28%

Obama 2nd with 21%

No suprise there though, we always win online polls, they can't profile voters

I'm pretty sure that applies to Obama in online polls as least as much a it does to Ron, though.

LukeP
12-26-2010, 10:31 AM
I don't think opening in a new tab would break the referral information.

There are options for live links that give no referral information.

This is one: http://anonym.to/

Note to Mod:
Would it be possible to incorporate anonymous linking into the forum tags with "link" or something? We always seem to be using this.

HOLLYWOOD
12-26-2010, 11:05 AM
Oh Boy... the Zombies are out even during the holidays.

Ron Paul has not a clue about governance in a democratic society. His radical, extreme right-wing rhetoric and "opinion" is totally devoid of legitimate facts and filled with unsupportable assertions. He is the best evidence we have of the profound ignorance of the American public, especially those who voted for him.
Posted by: billaldridge | December 26, 2010 11:25 AM
Report Offensive Comment

I'd heartily choose none at all over another conservative fanatic such as Paul, whose party created the the financial predicament this once great nation now faces. I do NOT want hear this hypocrite spew more GOP demagoguery - just focus on real issues that matter in the 21st century and practice the principles that would make all our forefathers proud without cherry picking !

Posted by: danglingwrangler | December 25, 2010 9:51 PM
Report Offensive Comment

ctiger2
12-26-2010, 11:19 AM

billaldridge = David Frum
danglingwrangler = William Kristol

puppetmaster
12-26-2010, 11:39 AM
I voted for Suu Kyi, but Paul is winning.

ok.......gheesh

sailingaway
12-26-2010, 01:50 PM
ok.......gheesh

but Obama and mike someone or other are coming closer.

Bump for votes!

TNforPaul45
12-26-2010, 01:59 PM

The Man who most deserves power is the one who seeks it the least. The ones who deserves to lead is the one who gives the fewest orders.

Ron Paul is my President!

TNforPaul45
12-26-2010, 02:02 PM

Hahaha, it's amazing how the GOP won't claim him, the Left says he's a core member of the GOP, and Paul chooses not to claim any of the bozos.

And the left-right paradigm marches on, confusing the befuddled masses.

Eric21ND
12-26-2010, 03:01 PM
Most of those comments were pretty positive.

Kregisen
12-26-2010, 03:42 PM
Ron Paul is not Gandalf. He's Frodo and we have to do our part in the fellowship to get him to Mordor so he can throw the ring into the fire. The conventional "leader", no matter how principled, cannot do this.
I'm voting for Ron in hopes that more people will hear the message and join us at the gates.

Nope, he's Gandalf. ;)

http://i169.photobucket.com/albums/u215/MilkRath/newronpaulgandalf22TESXT2.jpg?t=1293399580

speciallyblend
12-26-2010, 04:56 PM
voted Ron Paul 28%

rprprs
12-26-2010, 05:14 PM
Hahaha, it's amazing how the GOP won't claim him, the Left says he's a core member of the GOP, and Paul chooses not to claim any of the bozos.

And the left-right paradigm marches on, confusing the befuddled masses.

So true. And befuddled they are. As you say, it's truly amazing. I'll just never understand it.

Tinnuhana
12-26-2010, 08:09 PM
@ Kregisen:
To us, the wisdom and all, Ron is like Gandalf; but in the big picture, if he becomes POTUS, it will be to take down big government. Even Gandalf refused the ring of power, as did Aragorn. They knew with their great power, if they fell to the ring's control, things would be infinitely worse.
I wouldn't get too hung up on analogies. Tolkien wasn't writing about Ron and we CAN have it both ways. I'm just saying we should look at our situation from different anlges, all relevant, all positive.

sailingaway
12-26-2010, 10:08 PM
bump for votes

MaxPower
12-27-2010, 03:36 AM
It appears Obama is slowly closing the gap, here; it was 30-21 a couple days ago, but now we're down to only 27-23; a five-point swing. I hope anyone here who hasn't voted yet goes out and throws in their lot with our man.

sailingaway
12-27-2010, 12:37 PM
Bump!!! Vote if you haven't, Obama is up to 24% with Ron at 26% -- the gap is closing!!

Sentient Void
12-27-2010, 12:55 PM
I just shared this on facebook. Everyone should be utilizing their social networks to gather more votes for Ron Paul on this poll.

Heimdallr
12-27-2010, 01:29 PM
If you haven't FB'ed this shit, get that on the go ASAP!

sailingaway
12-27-2010, 10:10 PM
Vote and facebook or email... spread around!

jct74
12-28-2010, 02:04 PM
Lead over Obama is down to 2. Need more votes!

Heimdallr
12-28-2010, 02:33 PM
Does anyone know if you can vote twice? I tried and I'm not sure my vote was counted more than once.

I love cheating ;D

sailingaway
12-28-2010, 02:35 PM
Does anyone know if you can vote twice? I tried and I'm not sure my vote was counted more than once.

I love cheating ;D

don't cheat, it gets us banned from polls. Even when we DON'T cheat we get banned because they SAY we are cheating.

sailingaway
12-29-2010, 08:10 AM
bump for votes!

MaxPower
12-29-2010, 02:58 PM
Bump. We're down to a 1% differential, friends; what's going on? Have they stopped counting Ron Paul votes? Hsve a bunch of members here just not done their part? Are we really out of voters?

sailingaway
12-29-2010, 03:23 PM
Are OTHERS cheating?

It is a liberal paper, of course, but it is odd this would happen when it has been out so long. I did see some liberals putting it out on twitter today, though.

jct74
12-29-2010, 04:20 PM
Are OTHERS cheating?

It is a liberal paper, of course, but it is odd this would happen when it has been out so long. I did see some liberals putting it out on twitter today, though.

Yeah, there are some libs tweeting it out saying "don't let Ron Paul win". The poll is linked twice from the front page of http://www.washingtonpost.com/ though, and also is the feature item in the leadership section (http://views.washingtonpost.com/leadership/), so there is probably a lot of people voting just who are just WaPo readers.

jct74
01-02-2011, 07:58 PM
I don't know what is up with this poll, it has been open since December 20th. If they are ever going to announce a winner I have a feeling it will be Monday when all their employees get back from vacation and the holiday season is officially over. I'll bump this for a few more votes, Paul is still clinging to only a 1 point lead.

Kregisen
01-02-2011, 08:23 PM
Bump