PDA

View Full Version : Barack Obama to read Ronald Reagan biography during Hawaii vacation

Agorism
12-24-2010, 05:12 AM
Barack Obama to read Ronald Reagan biography during Hawaii vacation
http://biggovernment.com/files/2010/02/RonaldReagan_BerlinWall.jpg

US President Barack Obama would be doing a little reading while on his 11-day vacation in Hawaii, White House press secretary Robert Gibbs told reporters.

Deputy White House press secretary Bill Burton said that one of the books on the president's reading vacation reading list is a biography of Ronald Reagan called, "President Reagan: The Role of a Lifetime," by Lou Cannon, reports ABC News.

On previous vacations, the president's reading list included an advanced copy of Jonathan Franzen's "Freedom".

nobody's_hero
12-24-2010, 07:26 AM
Uh oh, he's considering a party-switch, lol.

Could you imagine what chaos that could cause? Everyone who blindly follows a D or an R beside someone's name would suddenly have to adjust their stances on issues. Republicans would be praising Obamacare, Democrats would have a tea party to fight for its repeal. (you know it's true!, ;))

payme_rick
12-24-2010, 10:08 AM
He's "appeared" to move to the center via media, and now he's SAYING he's going to read this book? Pretty smart move IMO...

sailingaway
12-24-2010, 10:10 AM
"the Role of a Lifetime" is an interesting title. I wonder what slant the book has.

sailingaway
12-24-2010, 10:12 AM
He's "appeared" to move to the center via media, and now he's SAYING he's going to read this book? Pretty smart move IMO...

He's getting Reid to try to end the filibuster with a procedural move that only takes 51 votes and hasn't been used since WWI. If he were moving towards the center, that would not be necessary.

payme_rick
12-24-2010, 10:21 AM
He's getting Reid to try to end the filibuster with a procedural move that only takes 51 votes and hasn't been used since WWI. If he were moving towards the center, that would not be necessary.

Yah, no shit!

But he doesn't have to try and convince us because he knows he won't be able to... he's just gotta convince the ones who within the last couple of years have dropped their support of him and the dems and have ran to the neo-cons... And the neo-cons worship at the alter of....... Reagan...

Sola_Fide
12-24-2010, 10:25 AM
And so the dialecticism continues....

puppetmaster
12-24-2010, 10:34 AM
fox will no doubt say good things about him...they are already easing up on him

snakes and mirrors....I mean smoke and mirrors

Imaginos
12-24-2010, 10:41 AM
What's the difference between the Dems and the Reps?
I don't see any except some minute detail.
Both of them gives head to special interest like there's no tommorow.
Sure, one party sucks more d**ks of domestic special interest groups and the other party tend to sucks more d**ks of foreign policy related special interest groups (i.e. Military Industrial Complex).
Difference is just a matter of ratio (i.e. 55:45 for the Dems and 45:55 for the Reps).
But in the end, they are good buddies who would always suck and swallow for the right money.
Fuck them all.

ArmyCowboy
12-24-2010, 11:27 AM
OK......

Zippyjuan
12-24-2010, 09:55 PM
At this point in his presidency, Reagan had even lower popularity numbers than Obama does. Reagan also had to deal with a split House and Senate being controlled by different parties so they are actually similar in a lot of ways. Reagan was less conservative than many think and Obama is less liberal than many think as well.

Athena
12-24-2010, 10:05 PM
They both follow the "do whatever Wall Street says" rule and warmonger. I'm sure Obama will eat the biography up.

Athena
12-24-2010, 10:10 PM
What's the difference between the Dems and the Reps?
I don't see any except some minute detail.
Both of them gives head to special interest like there's no tommorow.
Sure, one party sucks more d**ks of domestic special interest groups and the other party tend to sucks more d**ks of foreign policy related special interest groups (i.e. Military Industrial Complex).
Difference is just a matter of ratio (i.e. 55:45 for the Dems and 45:55 for the Reps).
But in the end, they are good buddies who would always suck and swallow for the right money.
Fuck them all.

Exactly. And they call being totally sold out to the same corrupt, anti-citizen special interests "moderation" and "centricism". People are so caught up in the us vs them culture wars they don't even notice.