PDA

View Full Version : 2012 hopefuls to skip Hispanic forum

specsaregood
12-23-2010, 11:30 PM
http://www.politico.com/news/stories/1210/46738.html

It was billed, in part, as a forum for the 2012 Republican presidential field to speak directly to Hispanics — a replica of the vaunted Conservative Political Action Conference, but tailored to the fastest-growing slice of the electorate.

Yet, when former Gov. Jeb Bush, former Sen. Norm Coleman and former Commerce Secretary Carlos Gutierrez open the first Hispanic Leadership Network conference next month in Miami, the only potential presidential candidate confirmed to attend — so far — is Minnesota Gov. Tim Pawlenty

and

Jim Landry, spokesman for the American Action Network, which created the Hispanic group, said the organizers extended invites to the entire presidential field, but it was never the main reason for holding the conference.

I'd like to know if Dr. Paul was invited. It might be worth him attending.

RonPaulFanInGA
12-23-2010, 11:40 PM
Is this the same as that Spanish forum back in 2007; where Ron Paul was most-heavily booed? Because Paul supports opening up trade with Cuba and the crowd there back then, with a large portion of them Cubans, hate Fidel Castro.

brandon
12-23-2010, 11:55 PM
I think so GA. I loved that speech.

specsaregood
12-24-2010, 12:12 AM
Is this the same as that Spanish forum back in 2007; where Ron Paul was most-heavily booed? Because Paul supports opening up trade with Cuba and the crowd there back ecall right,then, with a large portion of them Cubans, hate Fidel Castro.

It might be. But I also remember some cheering for him and definitely some positive news on the interwebs afterwards. While many in the crowd had cuban roots, the tv audience did not.

I still think it would be a good idea for him to attend.