PDA

View Full Version : Former Marine, now a cop academy instructor, tells recruits "we are fighting a war".

Anti Federalist
12-23-2010, 11:49 AM
I'm only going to post his quote, and a broken link, because this story was published by that piece of shit, the Las Vegas Review Journal.

But, it was too good a quote to pass up and reflects why "militarized" cops are blowing us away on an increasingly frequent basis.

"I believe every single recruit here, when they put that badge on, they are warriors," the former Marine says. "We're fighting a war."

hxxp://www.lvrj.com/news/training-culminates-with-advanced-techniques-112302409.html?viewAllComments=y&c=y

jkr
12-23-2010, 12:26 PM
...a WAR on...your neighbors!

muhahahahahahahahah

specsaregood
12-23-2010, 12:28 PM
The wonders of a standing army.

fisharmor
12-23-2010, 12:30 PM
The last time I saw a law enforcement officer do an objectively good thing was on a screen.
Come to think of it, the only times I have ever seen a LEO do an objectively good thing, it has always been on a screen.

HOLLYWOOD
12-23-2010, 12:35 PM
"I believe every single recruit here, when they put that badge on, they are warriors," the former Marine says. "We're fighting a war."

So, the POLICE have gone from: "To Serve and To Protect", "Peace Officers", and "Public Servants" to "WARRIORS" equipment like military strike forces?

Clanging those bottles together repeatedly: "Warriors... Come Out and Play" ;)

specsaregood
12-23-2010, 12:59 PM
//

Pericles
12-23-2010, 01:49 PM
Wrong indoctrination method. Here is the correct one:

The basic mission for which the police exist is to prevent crime and disorder.
The ability of the police to perform their duties is dependent upon the public approval of police actions.
Police must secure the willing co-operation of the public in voluntary observation of the law to be able to secure and maintain the respect of the public.
The degree of co-operation of the public that can be secured diminishes proportionately to the necessity of the use of physical force.
Police seek and preserve public favour not by catering to public opinion, but by constantly demonstrating absolute impartial service to the law.
Police use physical force to the extent necessary to secure observance of the law or to restore order only when the exercise of persuasion, advice, and warning is found to be insufficient.
Police, at all times, should maintain a relationship with the public that gives reality to the historic tradition that the police are the public and the public are the police; the police being only members of the public who are paid to give full-time attention to duties which are incumbent upon every citizen in the interests of community welfare and existence.
Police should always direct their action strictly towards their functions, and never appear to usurp the powers of the judiciary.
The test of police efficiency is the absence of crime and disorder, not the visible evidence of police action in dealing with it.

pcosmar
12-23-2010, 01:52 PM
The line is being clearly drawn.
Can you see it?

Do you know which side you are on yet?

fisharmor
12-23-2010, 02:04 PM

I disagree fundamentally with your whole line of reasoning.
Police have never, do not now, and never will prevent crime and disorder.
The only effect they can possibly have on crime and disorder is to assist lawmakers in creating it.
A patrolling constabulary is totally unnecessary to society. You are essentially parroting the party line, which is that we need a professional caste of thugs whose job description is to "go forth and find trouble".
What restrictions and training you apply to that mandate is immaterial. When they are charged to go find trouble, they will find trouble, regardless of whether any actually exists.

The only law enforcement organization I would support would be one whose job description was analogous to garbage man.
How the problem got created should be of limits.
Trying to prevent problems should be off limits.
They should be responders, nothing more.

torchbearer
12-23-2010, 02:08 PM
The line is being clearly drawn.
Can you see it?

Do you know which side you are on yet?

the government and their thugs and beneficators will be on one side, the productive followers of the natural law will be on the other.