PDA

View Full Version : Excellent interview with Julian Assange (MSNBC)

amy31416
12-22-2010, 11:42 PM
http://www.antiwar.com/blog/2010/12/22/great-interview-with-julian-assange-msnbc/

He refers to Palin and Huckabee as idiots...lol.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YZCPmTJM0Hc&feature=player_embedded

The interviewer actually lets him talk, and he's quite eloquent on many subjects covered, better than most of the combative interviews I've seen so far, and it is obvious that the interviewer (Cenk from TYT) is not hostile towards him.

Travlyr
12-23-2010, 12:16 AM
I agree with Julian here. If journalists do not stand up for their 1st Amendment rights, then they'll be next.

guitarlifter
12-23-2010, 01:31 AM
That was an awkward ending to that interview.

BenIsForRon
12-23-2010, 09:03 AM
Love the frankness about Huckabee: "Just another idiot trying to make a name for himself"

itshappening
12-23-2010, 09:24 AM
I bet he loves Ron Paul

amy31416
12-23-2010, 09:26 AM
I bet he loves Ron Paul

I think I read an article on the forum that he considers himself mostly libertarian, which makes sense given his hacker/rebel background.

Imaginos
12-23-2010, 10:13 AM
Julian is a hero in my book.
Anybody who has a set of balls to say or reveal something about Military Industrial Complex is a hero and deserves Nobel peace prize!
And I couldn't agree more with him that Palin and Huckabee are idiots.

Andrew-Austin
12-23-2010, 10:32 AM
I like how he strongly implied the word terrorist applies more to Huckabee, Palin, Lieberman, etc than to himself. Its awesome to hear that sort of thing on television.

charrob
12-23-2010, 10:36 AM
Julian is a hero in my book.
Anybody who has a set of balls to say or reveal something about Military Industrial Complex is a hero and deserves Nobel peace prize!
And I couldn't agree more with him that Palin and Huckabee are idiots.

+1

HOLLYWOOD
12-23-2010, 10:54 AM
Julian Assange and WIKILEAKS have exposed the establishment propaganda machine know as the Main Stream Media. It's apparent and obvious that corporate media protects the racketeering and conspiring going on between media and Political professionals. Anyone who has spoken out against Assange has exposed their true colors and allegiance.

Assange handles the media for what they are, sensationalists puppeted by the powerful governments that want their cozy Standard Operating Procedures imposed of racketeering and conspiring. Then later, you find the media hobnobbing with the same governments holders of Tax Breaks/Credits/Kickbacks at all the press junket dinners during the year, just boasting as narcissistic rockstars engorging themselves inside the palace walls.

Assange is a hero to all, especially the serfs, ignorance, and far too trusting citizens of ANY GOVERNMENT.

idirtify
12-23-2010, 10:54 AM
Love the frankness about Huckabee: "Just another idiot trying to make a name for himself"

Yes. And I love the term he used, “shock-jock politician”. So true.

pacelli
12-23-2010, 02:01 PM
Great, more entertainment and name-calling. A great soap opera for the politically informed.

The problem is that the wikileaks phenomenon is going to lead to the creation of more laws, more oversight, more surveillance, and more prosecution. I question whether this whole thing is an orchestrated Problem-Reaction-Solution playing out in front of our eyes. A non-physical, intelligence-based "false flag"? He came out and called it, "digital McCarthyism". Anyone consider this?

torchbearer
12-23-2010, 02:05 PM
Great, more entertainment and name-calling. A great soap opera for the politically informed.

The problem is that the wikileaks phenomenon is going to lead to the creation of more laws, more oversight, more surveillance, and more prosecution. I question whether this whole thing is an orchestrated Problem-Reaction-Solution playing out in front of our eyes. A non-physical, intelligence-based "false flag"? He came out and called it, "digital McCarthyism". Anyone consider this?

The more you tighten your grip, Tarkin, the more star systems will slip through your fingers.

PatriotOne
12-23-2010, 02:35 PM

Me.

Vessol
12-23-2010, 02:57 PM

No, I can see why people may think it, but I've yet to see evidence for it.

Just because Wikileaks is prompting the U.S Government to press for more laws does not make Wikileaks bad..it means the U.S Government is bad.

Imagine if Ron Paul started getting really popular and there was rallies all over the country. The government then started cracking down on those rallies and writing tons of laws restricting them. By your logic, this was Ron Paul's plan all along, and he was all a part of a false flag operation.

pcosmar
12-23-2010, 03:05 PM

Anyone consider this?

Not seriously..
What would your solution be then? Do nothing, say nothing, because anything you do or say will be an excuse for further crackdowns?

Have you seen the MIAC Report.
Or the SPLC Hit List. (remember that SPLC is joined at the hip with DHS)

What is your solution? Seriously.

Vessol
12-23-2010, 03:11 PM
Let them crackdown I say, it will only show the hypocrisy and the immorality of the system to even more people.

pacelli
12-23-2010, 04:15 PM
Anyone consider this?

Not seriously..
What would your solution be then? Do nothing, say nothing, because anything you do or say will be an excuse for further crackdowns?

Have you seen the MIAC Report.
Or the SPLC Hit List. (remember that SPLC is joined at the hip with DHS)

What is your solution? Seriously.

I don't have a general or socially-based solution for how to handle a possible wikileaks False Flag situation. As far as my personal solution, I'm already legally prepared to litigate any attacks that come my way should someone try to charge me for accessing the wikileaks website to view the material.

Of course I've seen the MIAC report and Southern Perversion Law's "hit list". I listen to Mark Koernke on a daily basis. I listen to George Gordon on a daily basis, and he is on the ADL's hit list.

pcosmar
12-23-2010, 04:29 PM
I don't have a general or socially-based solution for how to handle a possible wikileaks False Flag situation. As far as my personal solution, I'm already legally prepared to litigate any attacks that come my way should someone try to charge me for accessing the wikileaks website to view the material.

Of course I've seen the MIAC report and Southern Perversion Law's "hit list". I listen to Mark Koernke on a daily basis. I listen to George Gordon on a daily basis, and he is on the ADL's hit list.
Well, if you have seen that and understand it then,

The problem is that the wikileaks phenomenon is going to lead to the creation of more laws, more oversight, more surveillance, and more prosecution.
you know that " the creation of more laws, more oversight, more surveillance, and more prosecution" is a given regardless. And has nothing whatsoever with Wikileaks.
That may be the excuse used, but it is coming anyway.
In fact, threats and actions have been taken against the internet and against Freedom of speech before Wikileaks was created.

I pose this, that Wikileaks is the response to censorship, not the cause.

pacelli
12-23-2010, 04:39 PM
Well, if you have seen that and understand it then,

you know that " the creation of more laws, more oversight, more surveillance, and more prosecution" is a given regardless. And has nothing whatsoever with Wikileaks.
That may be the excuse used, but it is coming anyway.
In fact, threats and actions have been taken against the internet and against Freedom of speech before Wikileaks was created.

I pose this, that Wikileaks is the response to censorship, not the cause.

I can certainly understand your logic here, and you've given me a moment to think about it. Perhaps one large-scale solution would be to have multiple sources disseminating various sources of information. For instance, cryptome.org has been on a similar path, although most of their releases focus on things that are no longer classified.