PDA

View Full Version : South Korean Military Prepares for Largest-Ever Live-Fire Drill

tangent4ronpaul
12-22-2010, 08:20 PM
http://www.voanews.com/english/news/South-Korean-Military-Prepares-for-Largest-Ever-Live-Fire-Drill-112320294.html

Sounds like they really want a war....

-t

Vessol
12-22-2010, 08:23 PM
Didn't North Korea say they wouldn't respond..for now *cue ominous music*

But, seriously, I don't think anything is ever going to happen there. North Korea won't do anything without China's approval.

awake
12-22-2010, 08:24 PM
One big skeet shoot to bait a frigging response that they can capitalize on. Wars are very hard things to get going, it takes great time, effort and expense. Oh, and I forgot the most important ingredient: men who dispise peace more than death itself.

cindy25
12-22-2010, 08:27 PM
South Korea really wants a war, and so does Obama. Just as Churchill wanted WWI and WWII, just as FDR wanted Pearl Harbor.

Kludge
12-22-2010, 08:37 PM
Didn't North Korea say they wouldn't respond..for now *cue ominous music*

But, seriously, I don't think anything is ever going to happen there. North Korea won't do anything without China's approval.

North Korea is in the dark of almost everything outside it's border. The South likely killed upwards of 50 people in its retaliatory attack on the North after the Yeongpyong shelling, though the media seems to insist only 4 people died that day. I wouldn't be surprised if a fear-gripped North Korea "provokes" a war thinking an invasion of their country is inevitable. These drills may provoke a same "provocative" response from NK as the Yeongpyong drills did, which would lead to an invasion of NK. It's unlikely China has much interest in protecting NK anymore, so I suspect it'd be an extremely bloody but relatively quick war.