Marco Rubio: 5%
Ron Paul: 4%
Bobby Jindal: 4%
Tim Pawlenty: 3%
Haley Barbour: 2%
John Thune: 2%
Mitch Daniels: 2%
UNDECIDED: 5%

http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/134815-romney-huckabee-palin-lead-gop-field-for-2012-nomination

trey4sports
12-22-2010, 04:25 PM
That sucks

sailingaway
12-22-2010, 04:32 PM
That sucks

Yeah, it would, if accurate, but look who is BENEATH him, then go to those polls that don't include Ron, and see who IS included.... they think those twits can make up more than Ron would have to do.

Also, I'm surprised at Rubio, I could see him being big in Florida, but that is about it.

I'm not persuaded by this poll. Ron has been coming out higher with PPP polls.

TCE
12-22-2010, 04:36 PM
Rubio has the same issue as Rand. He isn't even a part of the Senate yet, he can't run because he'll have to leave before he is even there. So, you can throw him out.

oyarde
12-22-2010, 04:37 PM
That sucks

Maybe not , take off the top four , that leaves 37 % , many will not run

Fredom101
12-22-2010, 04:44 PM
Terrible. He's far more well known now than 2008 and he's getting clobbered by the Huckster? Sad.

Imaginos
12-22-2010, 04:45 PM
Rubio has the same issue as Rand. He isn't even a part of the Senate yet, he can't run because he'll have to leave before he is even there. So, you can throw him out.
Rubio is another chosen puppet on his way to political power and money.
There's a reason why right after his victory, he's visited to Israel to pledge his allegiance to his masters in Tel Aviv.
He'll be a rising star.
Mark my words.

t0rnado
12-22-2010, 04:48 PM
Sure, more people know about him than did in 2008, but I still doubt that the majority of voters have even heard of Ron Paul.

Imaginos
12-22-2010, 04:53 PM
And Ron Paul 4%?
America is f**ked up beyond imagination.
Lady Gaga/Paris Hilton ticket would gather more than 4%.
I am not even mad.
This is tragic.

JohnEngland
12-22-2010, 04:56 PM
Ahh, but let's take out the ones that I think aren't running:

Mitt Romney: 18%
Mike Huckabee: 18%
Sarah Palin: 17%
Newt Gingrich: 10%
Chris Christie: 9%
UNDECIDED: 58%

Fredom101
12-22-2010, 04:58 PM
Mark my words, the Huckster is a power-hungry madman and will run. It would also be shocking to see Palin the media darling not run.

t0rnado
12-22-2010, 05:04 PM
The whole Willie Horton thing that ruined any chance Dukakis had of winning in '88 is going to happen to Huckabee if he runs. Huckabee, as Governor of Arkansas, commuted the sentence of a murderer who went on to kill a bunch of cops last year.

Kludge
12-22-2010, 05:06 PM
Huckabee has expressed interest, though I'm unsure if Palin would run. The results aren't particularly surprising and show how the extent of resources required of 2012 will be near what we needed in 2008. I don't think name recognition has increased in the way many think, but RP's messages' vindication should lend him a significant amount more credibility in the media this time around. Of course, when most blame the economic crisis on the free markets still...... *shrug*

Kludge
12-22-2010, 05:08 PM
The whole Willie Horton thing that ruined any chance Dukakis had of winning in '88 is going to happen to Huckabee if he runs. Huckabee, as Governor of Arkansas, commuted the sentence of a murderer who went on to kill a bunch of cops last year.

OTOH, it's been frequently used as an example of how ridiculous and disgusting political mud-slinging can be. I'm not sure the attack can be used again effectively.

oyarde
12-22-2010, 05:08 PM
Ahh, but let's take out the ones that I think aren't running:

Mitt Romney: 18%
Mike Huckabee: 18%
Sarah Palin: 17%
Newt Gingrich: 10%
Chris Christie: 9%
UNDECIDED: 58%

Yeah , and if Daniels & Thune stay out , those votes go to Ron ?

speciallyblend
12-22-2010, 05:13 PM
delegates

Liberty_Mike
12-22-2010, 05:14 PM
How the hell is Rubio at 5%?? Also, I don't really find these polls to be all too accurate. I don't know anyone who has ever been polled in cases like this. Makes you wonder where they find all these sheep to poll.

Thomas
12-22-2010, 05:16 PM
poll tracker updated

Matt Collins
12-22-2010, 05:25 PM
4% is great! This time last cycle he wasn't even measurable.

sratiug
12-22-2010, 05:36 PM
I'll bet Rand would have gotten 10% in that poll.

TCE
12-22-2010, 05:37 PM

Immeasurable on these polls is typically around 1%, and that's when random people just hit your name on the phone survey. 4% is not much of an improvement. The numbers to look at are the individual states, which look a lot better for Ron.

Matt Collins
12-22-2010, 05:39 PM
Immeasurable on these polls is typically around 1%, and that's when random people just hit your name on the phone survey. 4% is not much of an improvement. The numbers to look at are the individual states, which look a lot better for Ron.
4% is 400% better than 1%.

libertygrl
12-22-2010, 05:44 PM
Stupid sheeple. They see politicians with their own tv shows so that must mean they'd make good leaders. I think we need to get Ron Paul his own reality show! lol!

Kludge
12-22-2010, 05:45 PM

Maybe even more. What's the threshold to get into most of the debates?

Ekrub
12-22-2010, 05:47 PM
Huckabee = Jordan Chase. (dexter reference)

TNforPaul45
12-22-2010, 06:13 PM
The problem with Paul at this point among the conservative base is not familiarity, everyone has heard of him. The problem is with their uneducated rejection of his ideas. Everyone knows who Ron Paul is, they are just not wise enough to accept him yet.

Because they do not let their thoughts lead to feelings, but they let their feelings guide them to their thoughts. In other words, Romney and Huckabee make them "feel good."

tpreitzel
12-22-2010, 06:19 PM
Ron probably should just stay in the House of Representatives and continue to fight the battle there especially now that he has oversight of the Federal Reserve. As a movement, we need to continue focusing our efforts on federal and state legislatures for 2012, increasing our presence in the GOP and infiltrating the Democratic party. Of those potential candidates with the most popularity on the list, as long as Newt and Mitt don't gain the nomination, I'll breath a sigh of relief.

Kludge
12-22-2010, 06:33 PM
How the hell is Rubio at 5%?? Also, I don't really find these polls to be all too accurate. I don't know anyone who has ever been polled in cases like this. Makes you wonder where they find all these sheep to poll.

Very few polling outfits poll cell phones, but they're very slowly finding ways to adapt.

It certainly doesn't help Paul in the polls, who's particularly popular among young people, when the majority of those in their twenties do not have a landline.

http://www.maximumpc.com/article/news/majority_late-twentysomethings_use_cell_phones_only

Kregisen
12-22-2010, 06:40 PM

Technically, 4% is 4 times as much as 1%, or 3 times / 300% better.

Come on now, you can count. :)

oyarde
12-22-2010, 07:13 PM
Very few polling outfits poll cell phones, but they're very slowly finding ways to adapt.

It certainly doesn't help Paul in the polls, who's particularly popular among young people, when the majority of those in their twenties do not have a landline.

http://www.maximumpc.com/article/news/majority_late-twentysomethings_use_cell_phones_only

I have not had a landline since I was 40 .

FSP-Rebel
12-22-2010, 07:22 PM
I'm sure CPAC and the Aimes Poll outcomes will change attitudes a bit in the GOP primary voters' minds. Not to mention, we'll be close to the top in money raising and the grassroots' activities won't have to be focused on name rec anymore. Nobody has even announced yet, so flipping out about this is premature. If we can get ads going showing how Ron predicted the former and potential future crises as well as lambasting Wall St and the bankers, we'll be in decent shape.

AlexMerced
12-22-2010, 07:31 PM
90% of thos people will not run... it'll be a lot different once we actually have a field of actualy candidates instead of every poll choosing their favorite batch of GOP wannabe POTUS, to me Ron Paul has been POTUS since 1985 (my birthyear)

Keith and stuff
12-22-2010, 07:47 PM
It's ok that only a very small amount of likely GOP Primary voters or whatever like Ron Paul. Things haven't changed. He hardly had any support in 2008 and may have even less this time (with Gary Johnson and several other maybe dividing the small pro-liberty voting block). Supporting Ron Paul for Prez has always been an education campaign. It may work even better this time with Gary Johnson hanging around.

Keith and stuff
12-22-2010, 07:53 PM
Ron probably should just stay in the House of Representatives and continue to fight the battle there especially now that he has oversight of the Federal Reserve. As a movement, we need to continue focusing our efforts on federal and state legislatures for 2012, increasing our presence in the GOP and infiltrating the Democratic party. Of those potential candidates with the most popularity on the list, as long as Newt and Mitt don't gain the nomination, I'll breath a sigh of relief.

I agree that liberty activism is far more effective when focused on state legislative rates. However, a couple of the pro-liberty state reps in New Hampshire may not have even moved to the Live Free or Die state if I didn't meet them while running the Memphis Ron Paul Meetup and sell them on the Free State Project.

Also, you might want to not use words like infiltrate. If you ever become influential and publicly known in politics, words like that may come back to haunt you (and rightfully so).

tpreitzel
12-22-2010, 08:03 PM
Also, you might want to not use words like infiltrate. If you ever become influential and publicly known in politics, words like that may come back to haunt you (and rightfully so).

Nah, I couldn't care less whether some group wants to attach negative connotations to a word. I'll simply expose the obvious nefarious agenda of those attaching the negative connotations to words in a futile effort to squelch debate. As a group, we're infiltrating the Republican party as Ron Paul suggested (and rightfully so) and should also be infiltrating the Democratic party (and rightfully so). We need to move BOTH major political parties in a constitutional direction.

BlackTerrel
12-22-2010, 08:09 PM

Ditto. Also keep in mind that no one except political nerds who post on internet forums (myself included) even thinks that far ahead. These polls are meaningless until late 2011/early 2012

FSP-Rebel
12-22-2010, 08:15 PM
I agree that liberty activism is far more effective when focused on state legislative rates. However, a couple of the pro-liberty state reps in New Hampshire may not have even moved to the Live Free or Die state if I didn't meet them while running the Memphis Ron Paul Meetup and sell them on the Free State Project.

As I've told you before, you pay very little attention to national politics even though you're heavily involved in local NH politics. So, your assessment of what has or has not changed outside the state is limited. People are more on to the banks and big spending unlike ever before and we are in a far better position to posture Ron in the times to come.

Keith and stuff
12-22-2010, 08:38 PM
As a group, we're infiltrating the Republican party as Ron Paul suggested (and rightfully so) and should also be infiltrating the Democratic party (and rightfully so). We need to move BOTH major political parties in a constitutional direction.

Maybe you are doing that but I don't know of a single liberty lover trying to infiltrate the GOP in NH. Of course, even local Democrats refer to NH as a libertarian leaning state so things are likely a lot different in Live Free or Die land than where you live.

tpreitzel
12-22-2010, 09:27 PM
Raise the issue with Ron Paul.

agar
12-22-2010, 09:53 PM
Rubio is another chosen puppet on his way to political power and money.
There's a reason why right after his victory, he's visited to Israel to pledge his allegiance to his masters in Tel Aviv.
He'll be a rising star.
Mark my words.

Rubio is also an Aspen graduate.

FSP-Rebel
12-22-2010, 09:58 PM
Maybe you are doing that but I don't know of a single liberty lover trying to infiltrate the GOP in NH. Infiltrate is likely the wrong word, just those that are liberty-oriented trying to get involved in the local GOP and are undoubtedly pro-Paul. Don't beat around the bush.

BamaAla
12-22-2010, 10:47 PM
Looks good to me. Take out the ones who will not run, add our machine getting into full swing and we will make some serious ground from January 2011 to Iowa and New Hampshire.

Zack
12-23-2010, 12:14 AM
Looks good to me. Take out the ones who will not run, add our machine getting into full swing and we will make some serious ground from January 2011 to Iowa and New Hampshire.

Not to mention that they only polled 365 Republicans (rather low), with a stated margain of error that is +/- 5.1% (rather high). Meaning, even by these results, Paul could have about 10%. If they indeed only polled landline numbers, that would also almost certainly hurt Paul by a statistically significant margain. Not bad, people. Not bad.

TheeJoeGlass
12-23-2010, 12:22 AM
Huckabee runs. He wins Iowa easy.

Eric21ND
12-23-2010, 08:02 AM
Huckabee and Palin are running. The good thing is that they tend to draw in the same social conservative voter.

Agorism
12-27-2010, 11:19 AM
bump, did this get added to that ongoing poll thread?