PDA

View Full Version : Obama set to sell $8 billion in federal lands

Original_Intent
12-22-2010, 12:55 PM
While I like the fed divesting itself of lands it never should have had control of in the first place, this article raises some valid concerns that we had better start raising some hell over.

http://www.wnd.com/index.php?fa=PAGE.view&pageId=242325

FedGov should be turning lands over to the states, and then the states should be able to put them to use or sell them as they see fit. FedGov is severely limited as to how much land it should have control of.

Zippyjuan
12-22-2010, 02:49 PM
I can't find any other information on this. What exactly is proposed being sold? Is it just property the govenment has seized in legal cases and is disposing of?

Feeding the Abscess
12-22-2010, 04:02 PM
States shouldn't own much land, either. Legalize hemp farming and sell the land to local farmers who want to grow hemp. BOOM STIMULUS and energy renewal

Original_Intent
12-22-2010, 06:01 PM
I can't find any other information on this. What exactly is proposed being sold? Is it just property the govenment has seized in legal cases and is disposing of?

As far as I can tell, that is the problem. No one knows what is being sold, to whom, and if us lowly serfs get a shot at the land. and no one can no until 5 years after Obama leaves office, assuming this article is correct.

seapilot
12-22-2010, 06:20 PM
Maybe they are selling california to china.

muzzled dogg
12-22-2010, 06:22 PM
Maybe they are selling california to china.

this

oyarde
12-22-2010, 06:31 PM
this

No , Danno speaks no Mandarin ? Cannot have that .