PDA

View Full Version : [Video] Ron Paul calls on all supporters to attend CPAC 2011!

MRoCkEd
12-22-2010, 12:54 PM
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=108&d=1292951697

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0nRPE1wFtf4

The Conservative Political Action Conference (CPAC) is right around the corner!

This is our best opportunity to influence the direction of the conservative movement. A strong libertarian presence makes a powerful impact on conservatives unhappy with the direction of the Republican party and impressionable college students open to our ideas.

Ron Paul scored a major upset last CPAC by winning the presidential straw poll. In 2011, the presidential election will be kicking off, and candidates like Romney, Palin, and Gingrich will be pulling all the stops to try and claim victory.

It is essential that we turn out the vote for Ron Paul again this year in order to prove his credibility for the 2012 race.

Don't hesitate. If attending is even a remote possibility for you, please purchase your ticket today. Click here for discounted ticket and lodging options through Campaign for Liberty. (http://www.campaignforliberty.com/event/cpac2011.php) Adult tickets are $89, and student tickets are $11.

The date is set for February 10th to February 12th.

Apart from winning the straw poll, CPAC offers the opportunity to interact with important figures in the liberty movement such as Ron Paul, Rand Paul, Tom Woods, Judge Napolitano, and many more.

The Republican Liberty Caucus' annual convention (http://www.rlc.org/2011-national-convention/) will be held in DC at the same time, and will feature great speakers such as Justin Amash and Gary Johnson.

Be sure to Sign Up (http://www.campaignforliberty.com/event/cpac2011.php) for CPAC now!

Get your questions answered in the CPAC Forum (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/forumdisplay.php?301-CPAC-2011)

Yieu
12-22-2010, 01:29 PM
This makes me wish I could go even more! I just need to think of creative ways to fund the ticket... which means I probably won't be there. Still, this is exciting news.

Matt Collins
12-22-2010, 01:36 PM
Discounted tickets available.
When ordering your tickets, use promo code "COLLINS"

agitator
12-22-2010, 01:41 PM
When ordering your tickets, use promo code "TOADY"

Sweet! http://img714.imageshack.us/img714/937/collinsmiley.gif

Nate-ForLiberty
12-22-2010, 01:53 PM
Sweet! http://img714.imageshack.us/img714/937/collinsmiley.gif

when Josh updates the forum smileys, we need to add this one. http://img714.imageshack.us/img714/937/collinsmiley.gif

Yieu
12-22-2010, 01:57 PM
When ordering your tickets, use promo code "TOADY"

I think this is a joke, because if you do this it would give money to him... this looks kind of sneaky if someone didn't know that...

Unless you're referring to something else, if so, I apologize for saying that.

IPSecure
12-22-2010, 02:00 PM
Dr. Paul @ CPAC 2010 Full Speech: Link (http://usaguns.net/patriots/ronpaul.html)

DXDoug
12-22-2010, 02:08 PM
great coupons and everything. A+++ Here ! Everyone who CAN please go for all of us who cant... I would give my left nut to be there.... wwrpd :D

speciallyblend
12-22-2010, 05:08 PM
great coupons and everything. A+++ Here ! Everyone who CAN please go for all of us who cant... I would give my left nut to be there.... wwrpd :D

i hear ya, hey i am a lefty, so i can give my right one up:)

Thomas
12-22-2010, 05:17 PM
got my ticket!

torchbearer
12-22-2010, 05:27 PM
my money is being saved for moneybombs. I may make the SRLC again if its close.

Matt Collins
12-22-2010, 05:31 PM
my money is being saved for moneybombs. I may make the SRLC again if its close.
SRLC is only once every 4 years.

torchbearer
12-22-2010, 05:33 PM
SRLC is only once every 4 years.

fudge!
i really would love to participate in the cpac straw poll and see tom woods/ron paul speak. hanging with forum members is always fun, but that would take money away from my donations for Ron's campaign.

Matt Collins
12-22-2010, 05:40 PM
fudge!
i really would love to participate in the cpac straw poll and see tom woods/ron paul speak. hanging with forum members is always fun, but that would take money away from my donations for Ron's campaign.
CPAC, Ames Straw Poll, and the potential FL Straw Poll are going to be the big 3 national events.

Kregisen
12-22-2010, 07:22 PM
fudge!

I would think traveling and voting in person at CPAC is a better use for money than just giving it to Ron. CPAC means everything.

Vessol
12-22-2010, 08:07 PM
Looking at the dates that CPAC is on(Thurs-Sat) I won't miss any classes and just ask for those days off. I think I might actually attend! Washington DC is only a 6 hour ride.

I'm not sure yet if I'm going to do it, but is there any discussion of hotels to meet up at for a potential discount(dunno, has C4L done that before?)

Matt Collins
12-22-2010, 08:28 PM
Looking at the dates that CPAC is on(Thurs-Sat) I won't miss any classes and just ask for those days off. I think I might actually attend! Washington DC is only a 6 hour ride.

I'm not sure yet if I'm going to do it, but is there any discussion of hotels to meet up at for a potential discount(dunno, has C4L done that before?)
Yes there are discounted tickets and lodging available on the CFL website: http://www.campaignforliberty.com/event/cpac2011.php

Be sure to use the promo code "COLLINS" when you order.

Yieu
12-22-2010, 08:37 PM
Be sure to use the promo code "COLLINS" when you order.

Is there really a discount, or is it that YAL program that would give money to you? If so, how much of a discount is it? I could use a discount (beyond C4L's), but I wouldn't be too happy if it was the YAL program, as someone who might not make it due to ticket cost alone...

MRoCkEd
12-22-2010, 08:39 PM
Is there really a discount, or is it that YAL program that would give money to you? If so, how much of a discount is it? I could use a discount (beyond C4L's), but I wouldn't be too happy if it was the YAL program, as someone who might not make it due to ticket cost alone...
It's not a promo code. Matt is trying to collect money from referrals.

Yieu
12-22-2010, 09:13 PM

It would be nice of him to be a bit more direct about that, because it would not be nice to trick someone who is having trouble funding the ticket... At least a disclaimer...

low preference guy
12-22-2010, 09:21 PM

really? would the collins be such a liar?

Yieu
12-22-2010, 09:29 PM
really? would the collins be such a liar?

I wouldn't have thought so. People argue against free markets because they think things such as that would become rampant, lacking government control, and people would be scammed all the time. We should strive to prove them wrong.

Tinnuhana
12-22-2010, 09:47 PM
If The Collins wins the $500, he can use it to buy the rest tickets...a fund for those who need help, right?!

MRoCkEd
12-22-2010, 09:52 PM
If The Collins wins the $500, he can use it to buy the rest tickets...a fund for those who need help, right?!

I sure hope so!

Matt Collins
12-22-2010, 09:52 PM
Is there really a discount, or is it that YAL program that would give money to you? If so, how much of a discount is it? I could use a discount (beyond C4L's), but I wouldn't be too happy if it was the YAL program, as someone who might not make it due to ticket cost alone...Yes there is a discount if you buy tickets via the CFL or YAL website.

WorldonaString
12-23-2010, 12:11 AM
Bump for wishing I could be there. Count me in for Ames though!

rprprs
12-23-2010, 06:32 AM
I would think traveling and voting in person at CPAC is a better use for money than just giving it to Ron. CPAC means everything.

Won't go quite that far, but incredibly important, particularly in light of last years poll.
Would like to see the admins keep this (or other CPAC article) at the top of the home page until February.

(Or at least until it can be replaced by an "announcement" article.) :D

Eric21ND
12-23-2010, 06:50 AM
fudge!
Dude if we can't win CPAC convincingly there won't be a campaign.

JS4Pat
12-23-2010, 07:47 AM
Booked my flight - I will be there!

We need a huge showing...

Yieu
12-23-2010, 11:14 AM
Yes there is a discount if you buy tickets via the CFL or YAL website.

Surely you understood what was being said? Let me rephrase it to be more clear, because I feel this is important.

In your post in this thread, and in your signature, you give the deception that by entering your last name, people who are in hard times could be tricked into believing that your last name would give them a discount, when it would actually give you money instead.

That is fraud. You may think it's just a joke (and that's what it looked like in the YAL thread, but not here or in your sig), but it could actually be committing fraud if someone is deceived into thinking your last name is a discount for themselves. I don't like to speak negatively about anyone, but it would be a shame if someone was defrauded by your posts or signature, so I felt it was important to inform you how sad a situation it would be if someone came to be defrauded by it.

Matt Collins
12-23-2010, 11:46 AM
In your post in this thread, and in your signature, you give the deception that by entering your last name, people who are in hard times could be tricked into believing that your last name would give them a discount, when it would actually give you money instead.

That is fraud. You may think it's just a joke (and that's what it looked like in the YAL thread, but not here or in your sig), but it could actually be committing fraud if someone is deceived into thinking your last name is a discount for themselves. I don't like to speak negatively about anyone, but it would be a shame if someone was defrauded by your posts or signature, so I felt it was important to inform you how sad a situation it would be if someone came to be defrauded by it.
Not at all. There are discount tickets available on the CFL / YAL website, and I would like people to use the promo code "COLLINS" so that I get credit for it. It's just that simple.

Yieu
12-23-2010, 12:07 PM
Not at all. There are discount tickets available on the CFL / YAL website, and I would like people to use the promo code "COLLINS" so that I get credit for it. It's just that simple.

I understand, but it is not clear enough. If you read your signature top to bottom, it makes it sound like you get a discount if you enter your last name. This is very misleading. It could be made clearer, such as "When ordering, use promo code "COLLINS" to give me cash" to make it honest, so that the board members who don't have as much won't be tricked into giving -you- money, when they are hurting economically themselves. That looks very deceptive, the way it is currently worded...

Matt Collins
12-23-2010, 12:56 PM
I understand, but it is not clear enough. If you read your signature top to bottom, it makes it sound like you get a discount if you enter your last name. This is very misleading. It could be made clearer, such as "When ordering, use promo code "COLLINS" to give me cash" to make it honest, so that the board members who don't have as much won't be tricked into giving -you- money, when they are hurting economically themselves. That looks very deceptive, the way it is currently worded...
You are not understanding how this works. The ticket price is the same for everyone whether or not they use the promo code. There is no fraud or deception, you are simply reading something into it that doesn't exist.

Jeremy
12-23-2010, 12:59 PM
Matt Collins just gets more money for hookers and cocaine if you use his code.

Guitarzan
12-23-2010, 01:26 PM

What kind of "credit" are you getting for it?

Vessol
12-23-2010, 03:25 PM
What kind of "credit" are you getting for it?

"YAL just sent out an email saying if you recruit at least 3 friends to join you at CPAC, you can earn $100! Recruit at least 10 friends to join you at CPAC, earn $250. Recruit at least 25 friends to join you at CPAC, earn $500.

"To receive credit for each person you recruit, your friend must buy their ticket online at the C4L website AND enter your last name in the promo code field. For every person that uses your last name, you earn credit.""

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?272159-Bring-your-friends-to-CPAC!

Guitarzan
12-23-2010, 04:05 PM
Ahh...thank You Vessol. I figured as much but couldn't understand why Collins was having such a tough time spitting it out.

Anywhoo...I'd like to let everyone know that if they buy their CPAC tix online, please use promo code "Guitarzan". KThanks

speciallyblend
12-23-2010, 09:18 PM
sigh i am so jealous of folks going! I must be going crazy when i think the cpac event is bigger then any rock concert or pink floyd show!! Is that even healthy?

low preference guy
12-23-2010, 09:20 PM
sigh i am so jealous of folks going! I must be going crazy when i think the cpac event is bigger then any rock concert or pink floyd show!! Is that even healthy?

without capitalism, the technology to build electric guitars wouldn't even exist

qwerty
12-24-2010, 01:33 AM
Itīs a must attend of you live in USA!

Letīs convince Ron to run!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wxpIqOxda54

Yieu
12-25-2010, 12:12 PM
You are not understanding how this works. The ticket price is the same for everyone whether or not they use the promo code. There is no fraud or deception, you are simply reading something into it that doesn't exist.

I understand how it works. It still looks misleading, perhaps slightly less so, but maybe I'm seeing something that nobody else is, and I don't mean to cause trouble.

Anyway, lets try to get to CPAC.