PDA

View Full Version : Fox News was actually fairer than MSNBC tonight...

fourameuphoria
10-21-2007, 07:51 PM
There are still *massive* flaws, such as twenty minutes worth of Rudy McRomney catfighting, and Hillary bashing...

But, the *only doctor* in the room got not one, but two questions on healthcare, and he got five questions overall, and the questions were somewhat fair. There will be plenty of other battles that we can have with FOX News, but I think we should e-mail them thanking them; or at least saying this was a step in the right direction.

reduen
10-21-2007, 07:52 PM
:rolleyes:

nbhadja
10-21-2007, 07:53 PM
Except for their hand selected Bigot audience.....

Korey Kaczynski
10-21-2007, 07:54 PM
Except for their hand selected Bigot audience.....

It's Florida, don't be suprised.

Vaughn
10-21-2007, 07:56 PM
They did give him more questions than Hunter which is always good. Still would have liked more but oh well.

Tratzman
10-21-2007, 07:57 PM
That audience gave me a totally sick feeling in my gut. These had to be hand-selected audience members. I found their reactions to be completely irrational.

Chad

NewEnd
10-21-2007, 07:57 PM
I agree, FOX was more fair, their audience sucked, but it is causing the biggest blowback, yet, I believe

Spirit of '76
10-21-2007, 08:48 PM
Yeah, the moderators were more civil than last time, too.

The audience were a bunch of idiots, but it is neocon central down there.

devil21
10-21-2007, 08:49 PM
It's Florida, don't be suprised.

Good point. Jeb Bush was Governor not too long ago.

JAHOGS
10-21-2007, 08:53 PM
I agree even hannity sounded a lot more polite to Dr. Paul tongiht

firetech40
10-21-2007, 08:53 PM
I had Rudy with 10 questions, Romney 9, Thompson 8, McCain 7, Paul 6, Huckster 5, Tancredo and Hunter 4. I tried to keep track the best I could, but with 2 children running around I may have missed some.

Paulitician
10-21-2007, 08:55 PM
Fox actually did their homework on this one. I like how they pointed out that Giuliani said the DOE should be blown up, and that he is almost exactly like Hillary Clinton (too bad the damn audience was too fucking stupid to see this, and just laughed along with Giuliani at the thought). Giuliani is a liberal. Period!

Danny Molina
10-21-2007, 08:58 PM
not MSNBC...CNBC.

Nathan Hale
10-21-2007, 08:59 PM
I agree with most of you. Fox did a very good job tonight, much better than that last MSNBC debate. In fact, Fox has been doing better each time. At their last debate, paul spoke almost as often as the frontrunners, thanks to a few back and forths, most notably the one between him and Huckabee. This time I thought he was given a fair shake, and was treated very politely across the board.

However, Paul bungled it once again. He turned a great nuanced foreign policy question about Turkey into a blanket condemnation of the Iraq war. It's getting annoying to see him tripping himself up like that, especially when he turns great domestic policy opportunities into Iraq War criticisms.

paulitics
10-21-2007, 09:00 PM
I actually thought the moderators were fair, and Paul got nore time tonight than usual. Florida is full of neocons.

mavtek
10-21-2007, 09:01 PM
Fox was fair at the last debate they did.

partypooper
10-21-2007, 09:09 PM
However, Paul bungled it once again. He turned a great nuanced foreign policy question about Turkey into a blanket condemnation of the Iraq war. It's getting annoying to see him tripping himself up like that, especially when he turns great domestic policy opportunities into Iraq War criticisms.

he did mention that that was turkey's problem, not hours. but that probably got lost.

he did the same with the first question on health care. he was asked specifically about charity hospitals and whether those could take care of poor people when there is no medicare. he became too general and that made him sound more like the other candidates. i think he didn't manage to distinguish himself enough on issues other than iraq war where he is, in fact, very different. but differences are in the specifics, not generalities ("free market" etc). this is why it is possible for others to steal his ideas and go unnoticed.

terlinguatx
10-21-2007, 09:10 PM