PDA

View Full Version : Ted Nugent gives shout-out to Ron Paul, compares him to Thomas Jefferson

jct74
12-21-2010, 08:18 PM
The Nuge gives a shout-out to Ron Paul in a column he wrote for the Washington Times today.

Take Thomas Jefferson, for example. He was an incredibly bright, enlightened extremist whom all American schoolkids should study, extremely. Very few politicians on either side of the political aisle qualify to stand in Jefferson's extremist shadow. Maybe Ron Paul. He has some extremist views about Fedzilla. Rock on, Ron. Get even more extreme.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2010/dec/21/extremely-american/print/

sailingaway
12-21-2010, 08:27 PM
President Obama wouldn't have a beer with Jefferson.

LOL!

Thanks for sharing....

jct74
12-21-2010, 08:30 PM
Ted isn't exactly a friend to liberty on some issues, but it's good to see him recognizing and respecting the good doctor.

AGRP
12-21-2010, 09:08 PM
Who would have thought the U.S. Constitution was so extreme.

specsaregood
12-21-2010, 09:14 PM
Ted isn't exactly a friend to liberty on some issues, but it's good to see him recognizing and respecting the good doctor.

Him supporting a 2012 campaign by the good doc would only help in the republican primary. just saying....

jct74
12-21-2010, 09:34 PM
Him supporting a 2012 campaign by the good doc would only help in the republican primary. just saying....

It sure would. I always wondered what Ted thought of Dr. Paul, knowing that they have a lot in common on stuff like the 2nd amendment and railing against the the federal government, but vastly different on other issues like foreign policy and the drug war. I'm glad to see he has a deep respect for the good doctor. Hopefully some of Dr. Paul's other views will rub off on him, and then he will rock out for Dr. Paul on the campaign trail. :cool:

angelatc
12-21-2010, 10:45 PM
So Ted Nugent is able to give kudos to someone that he doesn't agree with on every single issue? Mind staggering concept, that is.

roho76
12-21-2010, 10:52 PM
We need to gather acts like this to support Ron in the future. The Nuge, Papa Roach, Jon Mayer, Amy Allen, possibly Foo Fighters, and anybody else willing to join forces. We need to do what Obama did with Hollywood. We should start an email campaign to try and draw these people into helping RP. Doesn't the Collins do concerts?

Liberty_Mike
12-21-2010, 11:10 PM
We need to gather acts like this to support Ron in the future. The Nuge, Papa Roach, Jon Mayer, Amy Allen, possibly Foo Fighters, and anybody else willing to join forces. We need to do what Obama did with Hollywood. We should start an email campaign to try and draw these people into helping RP. Doesn't the Collins do concerts?

Add Chuck Norris to the list!

roho76
12-21-2010, 11:21 PM

Chuck Norris giving roundhouse kicks to effigies of corrupt politicians would be legendary. Chuck should run for Governor.

http://images.thedailyinquirer.net/wp-content/uploads/2010/11/CN.jpg

cswake
12-21-2010, 11:28 PM
http://i55.tinypic.com/2ppyh6h.jpg

Agorism
12-21-2010, 11:35 PM
Who is that guy in that ufc video?

cswake
12-21-2010, 11:43 PM
Anthony Pettis - WEC 12/16/10
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LH7oRb5Knjc

heavenlyboy34
12-21-2010, 11:46 PM
Chuck Norris giving roundhouse kicks to effigies of corrupt politicians would be legendary. Chuck should run for Governor.

http://images.thedailyinquirer.net/wp-content/uploads/2010/11/CN.jpg

LOLZ@ badly photoshopped pic^^

talkingpointes
12-22-2010, 12:04 AM
I laughed when I initially read the thread title, but than started to ponder... Ted Nugent's music -8999 (Go to Puerto Penasco,Mexico seriously sometime, his music is a distant soundtrack on loop to what is otherwise already a mediocre vacation spot ). This place also has the distinction of being constantly propositioned on the following-chiclet, hair-beads, girls, tequila shots, and pediho ad-nausem when anywhere outside a hotel. Ted Nugent's ability to plain speak political philosophy and drawing a relatively good contrast between a historical figure and a living statesman +9001. Upon hearing unwillingly songs such as Cheeseburgers In Paradise can send me into rage seriously this guy has an interesting take on being creative.

pahs1994
12-22-2010, 12:20 AM
I laughed when I initially read the thread title, but than started to ponder... Ted Nugent's music -8999 (Go to Puerto Penasco,Mexico seriously sometime, his music is a distant soundtrack on loop to what is otherwise already a mediocre vacation spot ). This place also has the distinction of being constantly propositioned on the following-chiclet, hair-beads, girls, tequila shots, and pediho ad-nausem when anywhere outside a hotel. Ted Nugent's ability to plain speak political philosophy and drawing a relatively good contrast between a historical figure and a living statesman +9001. Upon hearing unwillingly songs such as Cheeseburgers In Paradise can send me into rage seriously this guy has an interesting take on being creative.

are you thinking of Jimmy Buffet?

talkingpointes
12-22-2010, 12:28 AM
are you thinking of Jimmy Buffet?

Yikes -ha, yeah. Cat Scratch Fever... Awkward.

Churchill2004
12-22-2010, 12:58 AM

The man was practically Mike Huckabee's running mate during the '08 primaries, and is still a regular on that wince-inducing Fox News show of my former Governor's. Him supporting Ron Paul is unlikely.

Though I certainly do love the idea of getting liberty-minded pop culture figures in on the act. Penn & Teller and Drew Carey both spring to mind. Though from what I hear P&T always resisted efforts to be drawn into politics in anything more than a purely commentary role, and Carey's probably a bit disillusioned from that reason.tv project with Nick Gillespie that seems to have fizzled out with no explanation.

AGRP
12-22-2010, 01:24 AM
You know darn well he wants to support authentic libertarians, but hes somehow constrained by the powers that be.

Churchill2004
12-22-2010, 02:42 AM
You know darn well he wants to support authentic libertarians, but hes somehow constrained by the powers that be.

I'm sure Ben Bernanke and Barack Obama are kept up at night wringing their hands that their personal threats against Ted Nugent being more libertarian might not work.

Please. If anyone wears his views on his sleeve, it's Nugent.
:rolleyes:

invisible
12-22-2010, 03:05 AM

Add Lemmy to that list as well! How about Willie Nelson? Wino might be another possibility.

akforme
12-22-2010, 03:23 AM
I'm sure Ben Bernanke and Barack Obama are kept up at night wringing their hands that their personal threats against Ted Nugent being more libertarian might not work.

Please. If anyone wears his views on his sleeve, it's Nugent.
:rolleyes:

I'm not going to comment on Nugent because I have no clue about what he really believes but radio and music is very controlled. Dixie Chicks??

crazyfacedjenkins
12-22-2010, 04:06 AM
Neo con piece of shit. Too pussy to serve when it was his time, but big touch man when it comes to sending other people's children off to Iraq. From my understanding, Ted got the this shit kicked out of him when he made fun of Phil Lynott's death. Ted is a limp wrist piece of shit when he's not hiding behind his guards and countless guns, fucking coward.

roho76
12-22-2010, 08:49 AM
Add Lemmy to that list as well! How about Willie Nelson? Wino might be another possibility.

Wino?

klamath
12-22-2010, 09:26 AM
Neo con piece of shit. Too pussy to serve when it was his time, but big touch man when it comes to sending other people's children off to Iraq. From my understanding, Ted got the this shit kicked out of him when he made fun of Phil Lynott's death. Ted is a limp wrist piece of shit when he's not hiding behind his guards and countless guns, fucking coward.

Spare me your whining about other peoples children. You don't give a shit.

Slutter McGee
12-22-2010, 09:29 AM

We must all adopt this attitude if we want to win. If somebody says something good...they are a hypocrite for not saying it earlier. We must not forget this if we want to win. We must not forgive those who have slighted us, because people saying good things about Ron Paul is a giant NWO plot.

Sincerely,

Slutter McGee

cswake
12-22-2010, 09:54 AM
We must all adopt this attitude if we want to win. If somebody says something good...they are a hypocrite for not saying it earlier. We must not forget this if we want to win. We must not forgive those who have slighted us, because people saying good things about Ron Paul is a giant NWO plot.+1

crazyfacedjenkins
12-22-2010, 10:06 AM
Spare me your whining about other peoples children. You don't give a shit.

I don't, but how does that change the argument that he's a chicken-hawk piece of shit who make horrible music?

Lucille
12-22-2010, 10:10 AM
The Nuge gives a shout-out to Ron Paul in a column he wrote for the Washington Times today.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2010/dec/21/extremely-american/print/

This is gonna break Donderoooooo's heart!

Liberty_Mike
12-22-2010, 10:10 AM
The man was practically Mike Huckabee's running mate during the '08 primaries, and is still a regular on that wince-inducing Fox News show of my former Governor's. Him supporting Ron Paul is unlikely.

Though I certainly do love the idea of getting liberty-minded pop culture figures in on the act. Penn & Teller and Drew Carey both spring to mind. Though from what I hear P&T always resisted efforts to be drawn into politics in anything more than a purely commentary role, and Carey's probably a bit disillusioned from that reason.tv project with Nick Gillespie that seems to have fizzled out with no explanation.

Yes, Norris was very close with Huck during the '08 elections, but he has recently showed a lot of optimism towards Ron Paul. The fact he said he would like to choke out or round house kick every member of Congress Ron Paul told him was corrupt makes me think we have a shot at getting the guy on board. Especially if Ron announces before Huck..

invisible
12-22-2010, 11:03 AM
Wino?

Wino. Extremely highly regarded on the underground metal scene, and considered highly influential. Since the 9/11 terrorist attacks, his lyrics have grown increasingly political. Outspoken against the wars. How can you argue with song titles like "Dove Tongued Aggressor" or "The Deprogramming Of Tom DeLay"? Even though his music dosen't get radio airplay, he is probably one of the best selling artists on an independent label over the last however many years. His fan base is extremely loyal and devoted to a fault, probably to the extent of actually acting on a political endorsement and a call to action in the form of voting to preserve what our country is supposed to stand for. Great artist, worth checking out of you like the old style traditional metal. As a side note, he was also involved in a side project (Probot) with Dave Grohl of the Foo Fighters and Lemmy of Motorhead.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scott_Weinrich

fisharmor
12-22-2010, 11:24 AM

Well, your point is valid, even though I wouldn't have phrased it like this.
There's a distinction that needs to be drawn between volunteering to take part in a campaign to conquer a backward nation, and getting enslaved to take part in a campaign to conquer a backward nation.
Though he certainly should be able to see the similarities there.

But this is a rare occasion when I agree with Slutter. The man is on the board for the NRA. If he came out in favor of RP that's a potentially large electorate to influence.

Romulus
12-22-2010, 11:59 AM
An endorsement from Ted would be mud in Palin's face. I like the sound of that already. If we are going to win, we need support, and certainly where I come from, hunting is HUGE. Ted endorsing Ron Paul would instantly lead them away from other Neocons they might be drawn to. Either way, its a good thing and can be used to our advantage if played right.

itshappening
12-22-2010, 12:12 PM
keep dreaming, no one is going to endorse Ron. They will say nice things about him but come the debates, they will ignore him totally

that includes Beck, Hannity et al.

Matt Collins
03-22-2011, 11:05 PM
Ted Nugent endorses the Gun Owners of America (GOA)
http://gunowners.org/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y2UVZJ4hSTM

TomtheTinker
03-22-2011, 11:31 PM
Who would have thought the U.S. Constitution was so extreme.

It is if you compare it to the history of man.

AGRP
03-22-2011, 11:35 PM
GOA? WOW.

Maybe he's slowly awakening from his neo-con ways?

Matt Collins
03-22-2011, 11:44 PM
GOA? WOW.

Maybe he's slowly awakening from his neo-con ways?Hopefully. Maybe he's come to realize what the NRA really is: http://nrawol.net/

Maybe getting closer to the GOA will allow him to get closer to Ron Paul too!

TIMB0B
03-23-2011, 12:49 AM
Yes, Norris was very close with Huck during the '08 elections, but he has recently showed a lot of optimism towards Ron Paul. The fact he said he would like to choke out or round house kick every member of Congress Ron Paul told him was corrupt makes me think we have a shot at getting the guy on board. Especially if Ron announces before Huck..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qGUcUuMEXVc