PDA

View Full Version : My letter to Rep Issa

tangent4ronpaul
12-21-2010, 03:13 PM
Dear Rep. ISSA,

I wanted to thank you for your procedural objection on the House floor this afternoon. We, the American people,are sick and tired of these procedural tricks being used to shove legislation we don't like down our throats.
I am referring to exchanging the text of one bill for another, dead of night votes, cramming through legislation at the last minute on a holiday, closing voting before all members have had a chance to vote, leaving voting open for hours for arm twisting, 2,000 page bills that no one have read, or could possibly read in the time allowed, unrelated legislation being slipped into must pass bills and so on - you know, the Pelosi playbook.

We want YOU to write the bills, we want YOU to read them before you vote on them, we want YOU to treat the Federal budget just as if it was your household budget and not like it was a limitless credit card you never have to repay - because WE , and our children will have to pay those bills, we want YOU to stay within the limits of the Constitution, and in particular, the "general welfare clause"(sic) is... preamble to enumerated powers and not a power of Congress.

Specifically, I am asking that in the 112th Congress you and others introduce legislation that address procedure and reigns in the rules (aka: cheat and lie) committee, and also repeal a lot of this BS that has been shoved down our throats these last 2 years.

You do not own our bodies and do not need our medical records, we don't want to be told what to eat, what we have to buy, you do not need a record of my credit card transactions or access to my bank account. This country is rapidly turning into East Germany and WE ARE SICK OF IT!

Thank you,

-t