PDA

View Full Version : SarahPAC Candidate Tim Griffin "Should Be in Jail"

american.swan
12-21-2010, 12:08 PM
Many of you will get a kick out of this.

http://bit.ly/afJNoH

Edit: I bit old. October 2010

Churchill2004
12-21-2010, 12:55 PM
Heh. This guy was elected from my district, though I voted at my home in the 4th District (against Mike Ross) instead of my college residence in Conway. This scumbag is the absolute worst of the GOP- he spent several years in the Bush white house as an aide to Karl Rove, and the election was basically a proxy fight between Sarah Palin and Bill Clinton (the district includes Little Rock). Not that his opponent, the Democratic State Senate Majority Leader, was any better. If I'd voted in the 2nd, I probably would have cast a protest vote for the Greens, the only ballot-accessed third party in the state (and they failed to retain that this election).

In Arkansas, we went from 1 R, 3 Ds in the House to 3 Rs and 1D (Mike Ross, leader of the Blue Dogs, being the lone survivor), but moreso than most states this can be called a simple resurgence of the Bush-era GOP and not a success of the Tea Party. A long-time worthless Congresscritter, Boozman, easily knocked off Blanche Lincoln for the Senate seat, and on the House side we have crap like Rove-protege Griffin and in the historically Republican 3rd District, Womack actually ran ads featuring Dick Cheney's endorsement (!) on his way to winning with 72% of the vote.

american.swan
12-21-2010, 07:26 PM
We have to get this Griffin guy some bad publicity.

american.swan
12-21-2010, 07:28 PM
We should all call his office and tell him we KNOW what you did "last summer" and he better resign or else.

What district is this? How about we call the local media about this? Can you set us up with some numbers?

oyarde
12-21-2010, 07:28 PM
Heh. This guy was elected from my district, though I voted at my home in the 4th District (against Mike Ross) instead of my college residence in Conway. This scumbag is the absolute worst of the GOP- he spent several years in the Bush white house as an aide to Karl Rove, and the election was basically a proxy fight between Sarah Palin and Bill Clinton (the district includes Little Rock). Not that his opponent, the Democratic State Senate Majority Leader, was any better. If I'd voted in the 2nd, I probably would have cast a protest vote for the Greens, the only ballot-accessed third party in the state (and they failed to retain that this election).

In Arkansas, we went from 1 R, 3 Ds in the House to 3 Rs and 1D (Mike Ross, leader of the Blue Dogs, being the lone survivor), but moreso than most states this can be called a simple resurgence of the Bush-era GOP and not a success of the Tea Party. A long-time worthless Congresscritter, Boozman, easily knocked off Blanche Lincoln for the Senate seat, and on the House side we have crap like Rove-protege Griffin and in the historically Republican 3rd District, Womack actually ran ads featuring Dick Cheney's endorsement (!) on his way to winning with 72% of the vote.

Only the Green Party ? How did that happen ?

Churchill2004
12-21-2010, 07:32 PM
We have to get this Griffin guy some bad publicity.

Good luck. He's already gotten some pretty bad publicity for all this, but it wasn't enough to stop his election, so I doubt anything more will come of this particular scandal. Of the districts in Arkansas, his will certainly be the most competitive in 2012. Of course, replacing him with a Democrat won't necessarily help anything....

Churchill2004
12-21-2010, 07:35 PM
Only the Green Party ? How did that happen ?

The ARLP has been practically non-existent absent a few scattered meetings. The types who would normally float towards the CP have no reason not to feel at home within the uber-social-conservative state GOP. The state-level Democratic Party is also very socially conservative and fiscally moderate-to-conservative, so marginalized progressives have nowhere else to go, really. No self-respecting liberal could get that excited about Mike Beebe.

We have a relatively active Green Party not because Arkansas has a strong progressive steak (hah!), but rather precisely because the state's two conservative major parties leave no room for the small chunk of progressives we do have.