PDA

View Full Version : Gay sex scandal involving Afghan war interpreters

doodle
12-21-2010, 10:53 AM
Strange timing of this news. Couple of days after DADT repeal, this news is reported today on drudge.

The report described unease by U.S. Marines and British soldiers who felt they were being propositioned, or who were outraged by apparent acts of pedophilia by Afghan soldiers and police. It documented one case in which 12 of 20 Pashtun interpreters working with one U.S. Army unit had contracted gonorrhea from homosexual encounters.

Read more at the Washington Examiner: http://washingtonexaminer.com/news/world/2010/12/afghan-sex-practices-concern-us-british-forces#ixzz18lXGXoLF

TonySutton
12-21-2010, 11:34 AM
After reading the article it is more about pedophilia than about gays. Your title is misleading.

doodle
12-21-2010, 11:41 AM
Report covers couple of different same sex aspects but this part of their behavior would affect our troops.

The report described unease by U.S. Marines and British soldiers who felt they were being propositioned

TonySutton
12-21-2010, 11:51 AM
Did you complete skip this paragraph?

"I know Marines and soldiers who have refused to work with Afghan military or police," said one U.S. military official, who spoke on condition of anonymity. "It's not about homosexuality as much as it is about the young boys. Some of them like to show pictures on their cell phone -- that should be illegal. Some of the Afghans have their own young boys they use for sexual purposes and we can't do anything about it."
(bold mine)

Jeremy
12-21-2010, 11:55 AM
Did you complete skip this paragraph?

(bold mine)

As disturbing is that is, I also don't think active-duty American soldiers should be making opinions about Afghan politics. "That should be illegal." Ok... I thought this wasn't an occupation... why do you have opinions about how the country is governed?

doodle
12-21-2010, 11:57 AM
The article's conclusions are bit confusing. What exactly are they linking STDs to when discussing Afghan interpreters behavior? Are these STDs contagious? I was thinking of things that would directly our troops when working in close quarters with these interpreters.

dannno
12-21-2010, 11:57 AM
Report covers couple of different same sex aspects but this part of their behavior would affect our troops.

The report described unease by U.S. Marines and British soldiers who felt they were being propositioned

I don't know why so many straight guys are such pussies about this..."OMGz!! I was propositioned for SEX!! By another male!!" Who cares?? For how often many small, helpless women get propositioned all day long by guys they have no desire to be with, you'd think these guys would be able to handle it.

I'm with lady gaga, it's the homophobic straight guys with the problem (and the ones who like children), not the gay guys with the problem.

doodle
12-21-2010, 12:01 PM
For how often many small, helpless women get propositioned all day long by guys they have no desire to be with, you'd think these guys would be able to handle it.

All right, you win the argument with this one.

dannno
12-21-2010, 12:03 PM
The article's conclusions are bit confusing. What exactly are they linking STDs to when discussing Afghan interpreters behavior? Are these STDs contagious? I was thinking of things that would directly our troops when working in close quarters with these interpreters.

To be honest I had no idea that gonorrhea was typically transmitted between gay people, I was pretty sure that was something more common between male and female sexual relations.

Either way I'm pretty sure it just requires some anti-biotics.

dannno
12-21-2010, 01:16 PM
bump