PDA

View Full Version : Assange lost tooth, was housed with child killers in prison

Agorism
12-20-2010, 10:03 PM
Assange lost tooth, was housed with child killers in prison

Assange: Prosecutors 'are going to lose'

http://www.rawstory.com/images/new/julianassangehighcourt.jpg

WikiLeaks founder says he has enough material to make major US bank head resign
WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange says he spent his prison time housed with "child killers" and lost a tooth while in custody.
“There were crazy pedophiles who shouted all night about their crimes," Assange told the Spanish newspaper El Pais. "You heard these cries all night.”
Assange said he lost a tooth when he bit into a piece of metal on his food plate. He said he didn't know "if it was put there or if it was a simple accident," according to a translation at the Telegraph.

"It will soon be for sale on eBay," he joked.

The tooth disappeared from his cell shortly thereafter, Assange said. "I suppose [it was taken] because they didn't want any kind of evidence that such an episode had occurred," he added.

The 39-year-old Assange also said police were so concerned that he would be assassinated after being freed on bail that they cut short a press conference on the courthouse steps after four minutes.

“I receive death threats all the time," he said. "My lawyer receives them, my [20-year-old] son [Daniel] receives them. ... Most of them seem to come from members of the United States armed forces."

ASSANGE: PROSECUTORS 'WILL LOSE'

The founder of WikiLeaks had tough words Monday for US prosecutors mulling espionage-related charges against him.

"No doubt, some prosecutors [are] seeking to gain their bit of fame and reputation by taking us on, but they're going to lose," Assange told CBS News' Katie Couric.

According to news reports, federal prosecutors are investigating the possibility of charging Assange with conspiracy to steal classified material. To make a case, they would have to prove that Assange aided the alleged source of WikiLeaks' State Department cables -- PFC Bradley Manning -- before Manning allegedly took them.

On CBS Monday, Assange denied having any contact with Manning and asserted that the first he ever heard of him was when Wired published online chats between Manning and hacker Adrian Lamo, who turned Manning in. In those chats, Manning allegedly boasts of knowing Assange.

"We never heard the name of Bradley Manning before," Assange said. "But it ... it's interesting you're raising that particular question, because it's something that appears to be coming out of attempts to conflate media activities with espionage. That's a serious business."

ASSANGE: ENOUGH MATERIAL TO TAKE DOWN CEO OF MAJOR US BANK

Assange is expected to tell a Times of London interviewer that WikiLeaks has enough documentation on a major US bank to force the institution's leadership to resign.

According to a Tweet from the Times' Alexi Mostrous, Assange claims to have "enough material to make bosses of a major US bank resign."

Speculation has abounded for weeks that WikiLeaks' next target may be a major US financial institution, on which the secrets site has reportedly obtained five gigabytes' worth of data.

Though it hasn't been confirmed, many believe that the bank in question is Bank of America, which last weekend blocked payments to WikiLeaks.

jtstellar
12-20-2010, 10:20 PM
“I receive death threats all the time," he said. "My lawyer receives them, my [20-year-old] son [Daniel] receives them. ... Most of them seem to come from members of the United States armed forces."

count on the same people to defend the citizenry when this thing comes crashing down

i never understand why some people are always this optimistic in thinking the military will always be on our side

and why again is ron paul being criticized for taking the peaceful route? some people think ron paul is in the way because only a civil war will settle it

how are you going to settle it? with your keyboard?

BuddyRey
12-20-2010, 10:23 PM
Government agents probably bribed a guard into letting them take Assange's tooth so that they could engineer a genetically specific bioweapon from his DNA which they would later use to furnish his death from unexplained "natural causes."

OK, so that probably didn't hapen. But that'd make one Hell of a twist in a spy novel.

YumYum
12-20-2010, 10:27 PM

count on the same people to defend the citizenry when this thing comes crashing down

i never understand why some people are always this optimistic in thinking the military will always be on our side

and why again is ron paul being criticized for taking the peaceful route? some people think ron paul is in the way because only a civil war will settle it

how are you going to settle it? with your keyboard?

Good post. People think the military loves them.

Philhelm
12-20-2010, 11:35 PM
I never understand why some people are always this optimistic in thinking the military will always be on our side...

They won't always be on our side. However, there is one card that I think the U.S. has, which is a cultural one. Our nation was founded on rebellion. Furthermore, all of our current justice, liberty, freedom, and Constitution (you know, that shredded rag) propoganda rhetoric could possibly backfire on those that wish to enslave us. While there will always be those that follow orders, it can't be forgotten that there are many veterans and current military personnel that are of the "Don't Tread on Me" cloth. Also, Ron Paul had fairly large support from military personnel, or at least I have heard. I think that for cultural reason, the U.S. military would be a wild card. There would be many that would commit atrocities against their fellow Americans, but I also believe that there would be many that would refuse. There are many factors that would come into play, and the power of authority is compelling, but American culture has a somewhat unique aspect, which could play into our hands if things turned sour.

Nate-ForLiberty
12-20-2010, 11:41 PM
you got a link for that article?

Natalie
12-20-2010, 11:50 PM
//

mport1
12-21-2010, 12:10 AM
They won't always be on our side.

When has the military ever been on the side of the people? They are on the side of the state and are used to protect the government an their interests and not the people. Their actions endanger Americans and foreigners and they are paid for by money that is stolen from us.

BamaAla
12-21-2010, 01:59 AM
When has the military ever been on the side of the people? They are on the side of the state and are used to protect the government an their interests and not the people. Their actions endanger Americans and foreigners and they are paid for by money that is stolen from us.

You mean to tell me that the military isn't on my side? That's strange; every time I find myself in a debate with a member, they always play the "you better be glad I was in Iraq/Afghanistan fighting for your freedom of speech" card. Interesting to find that this isn't true;)

Philhelm
12-21-2010, 02:21 AM

Well, word on the street is that there is a not so unimpressive number of veterans that support Ron Paul. Also, we can blame our soldiers for complying with orders, but what about the taxpayers who fund them? Americans overall are complacent with the state, regardless of their role within it. Are soldiers individual humans with their own thoughts and feelings, or just automatons? I merely claimed that they won't always be on our side, in a response to the same words from another poster. Your words imply that they will always be against us. Is that really true? How many veterans are supporters of liberty? If more than none, then I was not wrong in my assessment.

TheTyke
12-21-2010, 03:17 AM
Maybe it's just the circles I travel in, but I have known a LOT of past and present military folks who support Ron Paul. I've even met a fair number who lean toward non-interventionism...

mport1
12-21-2010, 03:43 AM
Well, word on the street is that there is a not so unimpressive number of veterans that support Ron Paul. Also, we can blame our soldiers for complying with orders, but what about the taxpayers who fund them? Americans overall are complacent with the state, regardless of their role within it. Are soldiers individual humans with their own thoughts and feelings, or just automatons? I merely claimed that they won't always be on our side, in a response to the same words from another poster. Your words imply that they will always be against us. Is that really true? How many veterans are supporters of liberty? If more than none, then I was not wrong in my assessment.

The difference between us paying taxes and soldiers is that we are all forced by threat of violence to pay taxes, they willingly join an organization who has been shown consistently in the past to be used for harm to fight for state interests. I don't see how a person can join the military if you believe in liberty beforehand. There is no evidence that the military has defended Americans or our liberties for many decades (if ever). You know now when you join that you will most likely be fighting in unjust wars.

I think they must inherently always be against us as they are funded by money that is first stolen from us, an initiation of force against us. However, I think some soldiers do support liberty and act on it. Daniel Lakemacher is a great example of that - http://warisimmoral.com/