PDA

View Full Version : Police murder another dog

cindy25
12-20-2010, 07:24 PM
http://www.ajc.com/news/clayton/cop-shoots-kills-family-782080.html

Philhelm
12-20-2010, 09:01 PM
Must have been a good day for the officer. Instead of investigating people selling meat from the back of a truck in the neighborhood (Oh, the horror!), he got to skin his smokewagon and get to shootin'! And he'll likely get a paid vacation!

oyarde
12-20-2010, 09:02 PM
Must have been a good day for the officer. Instead of investigating people selling meat from the back of a truck in the neighborhood (Oh, the horror!), he got to skin his smokewagon and get to shootin'! And he'll likely get a paid vacation!

iI thought they got the vacation for people , not animals ?

DamianTV
12-20-2010, 09:05 PM
... The officer ordered the dog to stop and when it didn't, the officer shot and killed the animal in its yard, Daniel said. ...

Dogs dont speak english! Dogs speak dog! Dumb shit cop needs to be euthanized!

Philhelm
12-20-2010, 09:09 PM
iI thought they got the vacation for people , not animals ?

You're right; I jumped the gun a bit. All the same, it was an exciting day, and I wish the officer better luck next time. Killing humans is much more fun and it comes with vacation time.

Philhelm
12-20-2010, 09:11 PM
Dogs dont speak english! Dogs speak dog! Dumb shit cop needs to be euthanized!

I had noticed that line too, and for the same reason. I'm surprised he didn't tell the dog, "Stop resisting! Stop resisting! Stop resisting!" as he shot the dog.

axiomata
12-20-2010, 09:13 PM
A golden retriever?!? That's unforgivable.

oyarde
12-20-2010, 09:21 PM
I had noticed that line too, and for the same reason. I'm surprised he didn't tell the dog, "Stop resisting! Stop resisting! Stop resisting!" as he shot the dog.

Were you there ?

Philhelm
12-20-2010, 09:32 PM
Were you there ?

No... *we need a shifty eyes emote* I'm just imagining how it could have gone down, based on some police interactions with humans mundanes.

oyarde
12-20-2010, 09:38 PM
No... *we need a shifty eyes emote* I'm just imagining how it could have gone down, based on some police interactions with humans mundanes.

I was just kidding , I figured he may have been told to stop resisting .

coastie
12-20-2010, 10:09 PM

On a dark note, this is exactly how we were trained. Keep saying that and shooting until the threat has stopped.

Philhelm
12-20-2010, 10:23 PM
I was just kidding , I figured he may have been told to stop resisting .

I gotcha. I had a dull moment.

In any case, exactly! As ridiculous as it sounds, I could truly envision a cop screaming, "Stop resisting!" at a dog while tazering/beating/shooting it. Far fetched, perhaps, but the police have lost a lot of credibility in my eyes.

Philhelm
12-20-2010, 11:01 PM
On a dark note, this is exactly how we were trained. Keep saying that and shooting until the threat has stopped.

I recall reading some of your posts, and that you were in the Coast Guard (I also take note of the EX-USCG vs. former USCG...heh). I was in the Army Reserve and was deployed to Iraq. I think one of the biggest things that had awaken me to police misconduct was the fact that my interactions when stopping Iraqi vehicles were more polite and less aggressive than how the police deal with American citizens. It really made me think. Granted, I carried an assault rifle, so I'm sure it was intimidating, but I couldn't exactly holster it. However, when cops come up to someone's door with their hand on a holstered weapon, ready to draw, just because one was speeding, it seems a bit more aggressive, if that makes sense. There were a couple of times when I had felt that I had needed to be threatening, I'll admit, but I had tried to use good judgment. For instance, a vehicle was coming at me that wouldn't stop, and my orders were to stop and check all vehicles. I had held my hand out and yelled "stop", several times in Arabic, but he waved at me, smiled, and kept coming. I finally raised my weapon (in my defense, we were told all of these horror stories about exploding vehicles) and he got the message. At the time, I had the opinion that he just didn't understand what I had meant, and that he wasn't really a threat, but at the same time, I didn't know what to expect, especially since this was within the first month of the very beginning of the invasion into Iraq, so there wan't much information to go by. Fortunately he had stopped. I think of that time, and how if I had the desire to kill someone, I could have done so and not have had any repurcussions, since if he had kept driving toward me, I would have been well within the Rules of Engagement to fire. I felt bad, since he seemed to be a cheerful fellow who just didn't understand that I had needed him to stop. My point is that my uncertainties of a wartime environment had led to that encounter. Regardless of the views of the war, I was an individual who happened to be in such an environment, and did feel threatened at all times. However, I had just developed this feeling that my reluctance to kill someone of another nation, even if I could have been legally justified in a wartime environment, even if I felt that I may have been in danger, seemed to highlight the aggressiveness of the police toward our own fellow citizens. In any case, hopefully this post makes sense.

Pericles
12-20-2010, 11:06 PM
Makes perfect sense. No matter the justification, one should always regret taking a life, even if that person is trying to kill you.