GunnyFreedom
12-20-2010, 02:53 PM
Transparency and openness begins at home:

GENERAL ASSEMBLY OF NORTH CAROLINA SESSION 2011
HD BILL DRAFT 2011-LB-23 [v.2] (12/07)
Short Title:
Sponsors:
Referred to:
North Carolina Farmers Freedom Protection Act.
Representative Bradley.

A BILL TO BE ENTITLED
(Public)
(THIS IS A DRAFT AND IS NOT READY FOR INTRODUCTION) 12/15/2010 3:11:37 PM

The General Assembly of North Carolina enacts:

SECTION 1. Title. This act may be cited as the "North Carolina Farmers Freedom Protection Act"

SECTION 2. Findings. Regulation of intrastate commerce does not fall within the powers of Congress. Under the 10th Amendment to the Constitution of the United Stated, the power to regulate intrastate commerce is a power reserved to the states, as it is no enumerated as a power of the United States.

SECTION 3. Reserved powers. All foodstuffs, or products produced for the purpose of consumption as nutrition, food (fruit, vegetables, meat, and spices), vitamins, or supplements, that are produced in and remain within the borders of the State of North Carolina, to include the producers, the means of production, and the produce shall fall solely under regulatory authority of the State of North Carolina and, and are not subject to Federal regulation.

SECTION 4. Enforcement Prohibited. Public employees employed at the Federal, State, or local levels, including but not limited to agents of the Federal Bureau of Investigation, Department of Homeland Security, the Food and Drug Administration, State Bureau of Investigation, Highway Patrol, sheriff's departments, and municipal and county police departments may not within North Carolina enforce the provisions of the federal statutes upon foodstuff and produce in intrastate commerce. Violation of this section is a Cass 1A misdemeanor

SECTION 5. The Governor and Attorney general may each enforce the provisions of this act in court by seeking injunctive and other relief.

SECTION 6. This act is effective when it becomes law.

Bear in mind I have not even touched on labeling. I think wax paper with a "Grow With North Carolina" logo, or just a rubber ink stamp for all the farmers to use who want to provide North Carolina only food chains, to package up food destined to stay in North Carolina, and distinguishing it as being under State Jurisdiction.

I also think signs on the highway at the State border with the exact same "Grow With North Carolina" logo, that demarcates NC as a State with a local food chain, and demonstrates the symbol the travelers should be looking for.

Melissa
12-20-2010, 03:01 PM
Love it think I am going to borrow it thanks so much

Kotin
12-20-2010, 03:02 PM
That is a major win..

Proud of you Glenn!! Now THAT is legislation!!

GunnyFreedom
12-20-2010, 03:13 PM
SECTION 4. Labeling and notice. All affected packaging will bear a common "Grow with North Carolina" logo, in print, in wax paper, label, or rubber stamp used on the good faith and discretion of the producer (farmer) to use as appropriate, while remaining liable for all fraud. Notice will be posted at the State borders along State highways as a sign bearing the "Grow With North Carolina" logo, and explaining that North Carolina maintains a locally owned and enforced food chain marked accordingly.

4 becomes 5, 5 becomes 6, 6 becomes 7.

JoshLowry
12-20-2010, 03:21 PM
SECTION 2.: as it is not enumerated as a power of the United States.

Can I say that I worked on this bill now? ;)

Good work Glen.

Glen Bradley
12-20-2010, 03:23 PM

Good work Glen.

Aye, spot on, and thankee sai! +rep

MozoVote
12-20-2010, 04:21 PM
This kind of thing is really not so radical. There already is a precedent (such as banking and insurance) that state chartered businesses can be regulated by their own state.

North Carolina specifically already has elected state Insurance and Agricultural Commissioners. They are "non partisan" races on the ballot, (although the major parties will usually have endorsed one candidate or another.)

Travlyr
12-20-2010, 07:06 PM
+ rep

sratiug
12-20-2010, 07:56 PM
In a time when the federal government claims authority to regulate and tax every business in your state, this has imo no chance of being held constitutional by the Supreme Court. I don't think you can concede the right of the feds to regulate every business in North Carolina and then ask nicely for an exception for food and food producers. I just don't see it working. I think you'd have just as much success if you just banned all federal regulation of North Carolina business, probably near zero chance, but not quite as close to zero.

Here is imo, a better bill, a bill with slightly more chance of success, and a bill that would get more attention.

SECTION 1. Title. This act may be cited as the "North Carolina Business Freedom Act"

SECTION 2. Findings. Regulation of intrastate commerce does not fall within the powers of Congress. Under the 10th Amendment to the Constitution of the United Stated, the power to regulate intrastate commerce is a power reserved to the states, as it is no enumerated as a power of the United States.

SECTION 3. Reserved powers. All products produced within the borders of the State of North Carolina, to include the producers, the means of production, and the products shall fall solely under regulatory authority of the State of North Carolina and are not subject to Federal regulation.

SECTION 4. Enforcement Prohibited. Public employees employed at the Federal, State, or local levels, including but not limited to agents of the Federal Bureau of Investigation, Department of Homeland Security, the Food and Drug Administration, State Bureau of Investigation, Highway Patrol, sheriff's departments, and municipal and county police departments may not within North Carolina enforce the provisions of the any federal statute upon products in intrastate commerce. Violation of this section is a Cass 1A misdemeanor

SECTION 5. The Governor and Attorney general may each enforce the provisions of this act in court by seeking injunctive and other relief.

muzzled dogg
12-20-2010, 08:01 PM
For Immediate Release

The Vermont Resolution for Food Sovereignty

WHEREAS All people are endowed by their Creator with certain inalienable rights, and among these are life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness; and

WHEREAS Food is human sustenance and is the fundamental prerequisite to life; and

WHEREAS The basis of human sustenance rests on the ability of all people to save seed, grow, process, consume and exchange food and farm products; and

WHEREAS We the People of Vermont, have an obligation to protect these rights as is the Common and Natural Law; and in recognition of the State’s proud agricultural heritage; and the necessity of agricultural, ecological and economic diversity and sustainability to a free and healthy Society;

THEREFORE, Be it resolved, that We The People, stand on our rights under the 10th Amendment to the US Constitution and reject such Federal decrees, statutes, regulations or corporate practices that threaten our basic human right to save seed, grow, process, consume and exchange food and farm products within the State of Vermont; and,

Be it further resolved, that We The People, shall resist any and all infringements upon these rights, from whatever sources that are contrary to the rights of the People of the State of Vermont.

...if LLS didn't share with you on facebook, cause i saw she posted on your fb gunny

heavenlyboy34
12-20-2010, 09:46 PM
Now that S. 510 has passed, I don't think the OP bill will go anywhere. :( I hope it does, though. Glen, you should get in contact with legislators from other states and try to persuade them to introduce similar legislation. Nullification, ho!

GunnyFreedom
12-21-2010, 08:44 AM
In a time when the federal government claims authority to regulate and tax every business in your state, this has imo no chance of being held constitutional by the Supreme Court. I don't think you can concede the right of the feds to regulate every business in North Carolina and then ask nicely for an exception for food and food producers. I just don't see it working. I think you'd have just as much success if you just banned all federal regulation of North Carolina business, probably near zero chance, but not quite as close to zero.

Here is imo, a better bill, a bill with slightly more chance of success, and a bill that would get more attention.

SECTION 1. Title. This act may be cited as the "North Carolina Business Freedom Act"

SECTION 3. Reserved powers. All products produced within the borders of the State of North Carolina, to include the producers, the means of production, and the products shall fall solely under regulatory authority of the State of North Carolina and are not subject to Federal regulation.

SECTION 4. Enforcement Prohibited. Public employees employed at the Federal, State, or local levels, including but not limited to agents of the Federal Bureau of Investigation, Department of Homeland Security, the Food and Drug Administration, State Bureau of Investigation, Highway Patrol, sheriff's departments, and municipal and county police departments may not within North Carolina enforce the provisions of the any federal statute upon products in intrastate commerce. Violation of this section is a Cass 1A misdemeanor

You missed bill #2 :

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?273450-North-Carolina-Reserved-Powers-Act-First-Draft

I mistitled the thread... It's really the

North Carolina Intrastate Commerce Act First Draft
64k PDF File (http://nc49.org/bills/IntrastateCommerce/2011-LB-38%5B1%5D.pdf)

You'll see that it does things slightly differently... :D

GunnyFreedom
12-21-2010, 08:53 AM
Now that S. 510 has passed, I don't think the OP bill will go anywhere. :( I hope it does, though. Glen, you should get in contact with legislators from other states and try to persuade them to introduce similar legislation. Nullification, ho!

I think now that S.510 has passed, we have a better chance of passing this than ever -- the people are angry about S.510, and the whole reason the NC State Lagislature flipped was on account of anger. The fact that this is specific nullification for S.510 means it will get 100x more support from the grassroots, and we can leverage C4L connections into petitions and contact drives like we did for "Audit The Fed." The C4L has many many contacts within every single state legislative district in NC, I would guess there are few precincts in NC without a C4L registered member. If they get behind the Farmer's Freedom Protection Act, every one of 120 legislators could end up with a coordinated contact campaign.

If I were C4L, I'd be asking everybody down to the ground level to identify people around themselves who would be into supporting farmer's Freedom and also those for Firearms Freedom. Start little brushfires in every precinct that way.

GunnyFreedom
12-21-2010, 08:55 AM
For Immediate Release

The Vermont Resolution for Food Sovereignty

WHEREAS All people are endowed by their Creator with certain inalienable rights, and among these are life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness; and

WHEREAS Food is human sustenance and is the fundamental prerequisite to life; and

WHEREAS The basis of human sustenance rests on the ability of all people to save seed, grow, process, consume and exchange food and farm products; and

WHEREAS We the People of Vermont, have an obligation to protect these rights as is the Common and Natural Law; and in recognition of the State’s proud agricultural heritage; and the necessity of agricultural, ecological and economic diversity and sustainability to a free and healthy Society;

THEREFORE, Be it resolved, that We The People, stand on our rights under the 10th Amendment to the US Constitution and reject such Federal decrees, statutes, regulations or corporate practices that threaten our basic human right to save seed, grow, process, consume and exchange food and farm products within the State of Vermont; and,

Be it further resolved, that We The People, shall resist any and all infringements upon these rights, from whatever sources that are contrary to the rights of the People of the State of Vermont.

...if LLS didn't share with you on facebook, cause i saw she posted on your fb gunny

I love this resolution, I think something like this could be used both in the grassroots and in all the conventions to really connect support to the bill going through the State House and Senate. :)

GunnyFreedom
12-21-2010, 08:57 AM

Good work Glen.

I was on to blog and share, that was supposed to me GF :o (you give an inch they take a mile) lol sorry, +rep