PDA

View Full Version : Krugman attacks Ron Paul for third day in a row

Agorism
12-20-2010, 01:24 PM
From a DP poster

Here's Monday's
http://www.nytimes.com/2010/12/20/opinion/20krugman.html?_r=1

When historians look back at 2008-10, what will puzzle them most, I believe, is the strange triumph of failed ideas. Free-market fundamentalists have been wrong about everything — yet they now dominate the political scene more thoroughly than ever.

How did that happen? How, after runaway banks brought the economy to its knees, did we end up with Ron Paul, who says “I don’t think we need regulators,” about to take over a key House panel overseeing the Fed?

Here's Sunday's

http://krugman.blogs.nytimes.com/2010/12/19/paleomonetarism

Paleomonetarism - I used that term — it’s probably not original, but who knows? — in a recent post about the increasingly obscure meaning of the money supply. The best example would surely be Ron Paul, who’s now going to have oversight over the Fed. If you read his stuff, it’s very clear: money is a well-defined quantity that the Fed controls, and inflation comes from — indeed is defined as — increases in that quantity.
It’s kind of terrifying, in a way, to realize that the politically dominant faction in America right now has a view of money, what it is, and how it works that hasn’t been true since the early 19th century, if it ever was.

Here's Saturday's
http://krugman.blogs.nytimes.com/2010/12/18/springtime-for-hypocrites/

In a way, I almost welcome the frankness of someone like Ron Paul, who tells us that there’s no need for any kind of bank regulations. It’s crazy, of course — even Adam Smith called for bank regulations, comparing them to building regulations designed to prevent the spread of fires. But at least the guy’s consistent.

RM918
12-20-2010, 01:34 PM
Yes, 'free-market fundamentalists' have been wrong by predicting the disaster supposed Nobel Peace Prize winners like Krugman never thought up.

TheeJoeGlass
12-20-2010, 01:38 PM
He just found the Youtube clip of Ron wishing away his ideas.

Fozz
12-20-2010, 01:55 PM
Krugman is a shitty ideologue

Legend1104
12-20-2010, 01:57 PM
Hahaha. I bet he is horrified to find that these ideas are catching on. Hey at least krugman is consistent with his hatred for the free market.

Maximus
12-20-2010, 01:59 PM
This must be good news

hazek
12-20-2010, 02:06 PM
This must be good news

As long as he mentions Ron by his name it is! Any publicity is good publicity!

Chester Copperpot
12-20-2010, 02:07 PM
yes, its a bad week for lindsey graham, and paul krugman is freaking out... i like that he's read ron paul's writings....

hang on paul.. the roller coaster hasnt even started yet.. but when it does we're all going to be smart enough to hang on.. that the ride eventually ends... and when its over we'll be freed of the grip of the banksters.

ronaldo23
12-20-2010, 02:12 PM
In fairness, Ron, Rand and Peter Schiff have been giving some pretty heavy name-dropping of Krugman in the last few months, all in negative ways. Maybe the fact that Krugman feels the need to respond shows how threatened he is.

ClayTrainor
12-20-2010, 02:13 PM
Krugman was an Economic Advisor to Enron executives. Why anyone would take this guy seriously, i do not know.

Fredom101
12-20-2010, 02:14 PM
Krugman will be laughed at in about 10 years. :)

TheeJoeGlass
12-20-2010, 02:14 PM
Krugman wants a six trillion dollar stimulus package. That would put the prices of things like Milk and Gas upwards of 4 and 8 dollars a gallon. But I believe this is what Liberals want. A restrained economy that views low prices as a bad thing for the earth(i.e. Green Businesses).

t0rnado
12-20-2010, 02:25 PM
Krugman will be laughed at in about 10 years. :)

He gets laughed at now. Jim Rogers called him an idiot on Freedom Watch.

sailingaway
12-20-2010, 03:14 PM
Paul Krugman = attention whore.

He's found a name that gets him attention, is all, and he's milking it for all he is worth....

Tinnuhana
12-20-2010, 03:23 PM
Krugman is the voice messenger of the federal reserve. He's saying what Bernanke can't, especially with Ron Paul poised to chair the subcommittee.

Hawk5
12-20-2010, 03:24 PM
I just watched the movie "Get Him to The Greek" and Krugman appeared on it. How weird is that? I feel like this is some Illuminati shit, giving him exposure and publicity in attempt to brainwash the sheep who watch movies like this. What do you guys think?

Melissa
12-20-2010, 03:26 PM
I just watched the movie "Get Him to The Greek" and Krugman appeared on it. How weird is that? I feel like this is some Illuminati shit, giving him exposure and publicity in attempt to brainwash the sheep who watch movies like this. What do you guys think?

Hey I just watched the movie last night and thought the same thing lol

Travlyr
12-20-2010, 03:31 PM
Krugman is the voice messenger of the federal reserve. He's saying what Bernanke can't, especially with Ron Paul poised to chair the subcommittee.

+ rep

heavenlyboy34
12-20-2010, 03:37 PM
"In a way, I almost welcome the frankness of someone like Ron Paul, who tells us that there’s no need for any kind of bank regulations. It’s crazy, of course — even Adam Smith called for bank regulations, comparing them to building regulations designed to prevent the spread of fires. But at least the guy’s consistent."
RP is against bank regulations? WTF? Ron wants Congressional oversight of the FED, FFS! Krugman, if you're going to smear RP, at least try to be a little truthful. /facepalm @ Krugman