PDA

View Full Version : In a society of legalized theft, you want to be on the receiving end.

ForeverAlone
12-19-2010, 10:17 PM
You know what? I wish we lived in a free market economy where the government didn't give out entitlements like welfare, food stamps, and section 8 housing. But since I don't think it'll get any better any time soon, I'd rather get as much goodies from the government that I can. I pay taxes and I want some of that money back in whatever form I can get.

I make $45,000/year and I get paid every week. Is there some way I can qualify for food stamps? Some other forms of assistance? I am perfectly able to support myself, but if other people can get money from the government, why can't I? Until government gets better I want to be on the winning side of the equation.

Anybody currently receiving benefits from the government that can help me out?

steve005
12-19-2010, 10:34 PM
have a few kids or quit your job

RileyE104
12-19-2010, 10:37 PM
I pay taxes and I want some of that money back in whatever form I can get.

THIS. I am totally with you.

And I'm sorry, but what is a poor libertarian to do other than realize REALITY for what it currently is: An environment where the government has CREATED dependency on welfare programs. While I am totally against this bullshit in principle, I am caught in a very tough situation. I have made the choice to get AS MUCH MONEY as I can in WHATEVER way possible. I know some people think things would change "if people stopped collecting" or whatever, and I get that, but IT'S NOT GOING TO HAPPEN. Nothing will change until the entire SYSTEM is changed, either by someone like Ron Paul or by a total collapse.

I REALLY WISH that I did not have to "ask" the government for money so I can go to school, but if it wasn't for them taking 'X' times the amount I am currently getting from them AWAY from my dad I wouldn't have to. Instead of letting families help each other, the government has made millions of people dependent on THEM. Both by taxation AND devaluation of our currency.

All I can say is I'm just trying to survive while this whole damn corrupt system takes its last gasps of breath before it completely goes down the shithole - because we all know that's where it's going if Ron Paul or someone like him isn't elected. So my point of view is to get as much of the fiat as you can get while it still lasts. Use what you can afford to get stuff like gold, silver, guns, ammo, etc. or even something as little as trading it in for nickels - because at least nickels are REAL money.

Fozz
12-19-2010, 10:40 PM
The system is screwed up and there's nothing you can do to immediately change it, so go for it.

Wesker1982
12-19-2010, 10:51 PM
Nothing wrong with getting some of your own legitimately acquired wealth back imo.

ForeverAlone
12-19-2010, 10:56 PM

And I'm sorry, but what is a poor libertarian to do other than realize REALITY for what it currently is: An environment where the government has CREATED dependency on welfare programs. While I am totally against this bullshit in principle, I am caught in a very tough situation. I have made the choice to get AS MUCH MONEY as I can in WHATEVER way possible. I know some people think things would change "if people stopped collecting" or whatever, and I get that, but IT'S NOT GOING TO HAPPEN. Nothing will change until the entire SYSTEM is changed, either by someone like Ron Paul or by a total collapse.

I REALLY WISH that I did not have to "ask" the government for money so I can go to school, but if it wasn't for them taking 'X' times the amount I am currently getting from them AWAY from my dad I wouldn't have to. Instead of letting families help each other, the government has made millions of people dependent on THEM. Both by taxation AND devaluation of our currency.

All I can say is I'm just trying to survive while this whole damn corrupt system takes its last gasps of breath before it completely goes down the shithole - because we all know that's where it's going if Ron Paul or someone like him isn't elected. So my point of view is to get as much of the fiat as you can get while it still lasts. Use what you can afford to get stuff like gold, silver, guns, ammo, etc. or even something as little as trading it in for nickels - because at least nickels are REAL money.

You're right. The problem lies not in the people that collect the benefits (if the government gives away free money, people are going to take), but that these government programs exist in the first place.

RileyE104
12-19-2010, 11:12 PM
You're right. The problem lies not in the people that collect the benefits (if the government gives away free money, people are going to take), but that these government programs exist in the first place.

If the government would cut spending AND taxes, people wouldn't need their handouts. And when people did need help, they would have family, charity, etc. to turn to. It's sad that we have been reduced to the point where if a family member needs help they can't even ask another family member because then THAT family member would be tight on income.

heavenlyboy34
12-19-2010, 11:13 PM

I'm in the same situation and doing the same thing. More power to ya. :cool:

Live_Free_Or_Die
12-19-2010, 11:14 PM
File for bankruptcy every seven years.

cswake
12-19-2010, 11:15 PM
"You are paying taxes so I can live for free and it was all because you were stupid enough to think for yourself..."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yjr7NtntWeQ

Vessol
12-19-2010, 11:23 PM
I've been considering applying for food stamps. I'm a poor college student, work 30 hours a week and live on my own. I thankfully can feed myself fine now, but I dunno. I've been considering getting the food stamps so I can buy non-perishable foods and store them.

ForeverAlone
12-20-2010, 06:58 PM
Since I get paid every week, I wonder if I can con the people at the welfare office into believing that my paycheck is biweekly or semi-monthly. That's the only thing I can think of because I'm pretty sure my very modest salary won't qualify me for any type of benefits.

oyarde
12-20-2010, 07:28 PM
I've been considering applying for food stamps. I'm a poor college student, work 30 hours a week and live on my own. I thankfully can feed myself fine now, but I dunno. I've been considering getting the food stamps so I can buy non-perishable foods and store them.

Vessol , do they have any dollar stores or Aldi's near you . The Aldis have some non perishable , not as good as a nice grocery , but dirt cheap . The dollar store has cheap canned goods that are only slightly less quality than a nice grocery . Is there a church or organization food bank ? Use it , it is voluntarily given .

oyarde
12-20-2010, 07:30 PM
Since I get paid every week, I wonder if I can con the people at the welfare office into believing that my paycheck is biweekly or semi-monthly. That's the only thing I can think of because I'm pretty sure my very modest salary won't qualify me for any type of benefits.

Would they not be able to figure that out by looking at the stub ? The normally have from date to date on them . Try a food bank ?

ForeverAlone
12-20-2010, 07:43 PM
Would they not be able to figure that out by looking at the stub ? The normally have from date to date on them . Try a food bank ?

You're right, but I'm trusting on the incompetence of welfare office workers. Maybe I'm getting too ambitious. Dammit.

But, if I got away with it, it would be epic.

roho76
12-20-2010, 07:47 PM

I would steer clear of lying to the government. Getting your money back is one thing. Take whatever money they will willingly give you but don't lie. That could land you in federal prison.

LibForestPaul
12-20-2010, 07:49 PM

There are state programs here. I picked up a flier. It stated they do not ask if you are a CITIZEN WITH A SOCIAL SECURITY NUMBER. Their flier actually stated that "undocumented-workers"(WHO ARE NOT CITIZENS) can apply for benefits without worriers.

I will say no more, just think about it for a little while. It should help your situation, since you state YOUR A CITIZEN WITH A SOCIAL SECURITY NUMBER that earns too much.

But don't lie. The illegals need your tax dollars!

ForeverAlone
12-20-2010, 07:50 PM
I would steer clear of lying to the government. Getting your money back is one thing. Take whatever money they will willingly give you but don't lie. That could land you in federal prison.

You're right. I knew that the scammer mentality wouldn't work. I'll have to look into legit money-backs from the government.

ForeverAlone
12-20-2010, 07:52 PM
There are state programs here. I picked up a flier. It stated they do not ask if you are a CITIZEN WITH A SOCIAL SECURITY NUMBER. Their flier actually stated that "undocumented-workers"(WHO ARE NOT CITIZENS) can apply for benefits without worriers.

I will say no more, just think about it for a little while. It should help your situation, since you state YOUR A CITIZEN WITH A SOCIAL SECURITY NUMBER that earns too much.

But don't lie. The illegals need your tax dollars!

Hold up. Can you clarify what you are saying? I didn't exactly get all that (I been drinkin').

Are you saying that I am worse off than an illegal immigrant?

Southron
12-20-2010, 07:54 PM
I guess the politicians are doing this, just on a larger scale.

sevin
12-20-2010, 08:47 PM
My wife looked into it a few years ago and we could have gotten food stamps. I was really tempted by the idea. After all, I've paid so much money into the system, it's only fair that I get some of it back.

But I couldn't. I guess I just have too much pride. I get really annoyed when I see people buying milk and bread with food stamps and buying beer and cigarettes with their cash. I don't want to be one of them.

muzzled dogg
12-20-2010, 08:52 PM
"You are paying taxes so I can live for free and it was all because you were stupid enough to think for yourself..."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yjr7NtntWeQ

fucking awesome

jtstellar
12-20-2010, 09:29 PM
no opinion on this.. i just hope you don't get corrupted in the process

living on wellfare eventually takes a toll on your mentality, however subtle it is. human behaviors and its intelligence change very subtly.. sometimes an event happens that may tingle the edge of your inspiration. sometimes you will obtain a new skill or realization that could be potentially useful for your future career development, and sometimes you don't. your mentality usually decides whether your mind is operating at that extra 5% capacity, metaphorically speaking

i can't see this not coming back to bite you one way or another. i wish i could say "go on and do it as long as it doesn't hurt you"

pcosmar
12-20-2010, 09:39 PM
You know what? I wish we lived in a free market economy where the government didn't give out entitlements like welfare, food stamps, and section 8 housing. But since I don't think it'll get any better any time soon, I'd rather get as much goodies from the government that I can. I pay taxes and I want some of that money back in whatever form I can get.

I make $45,000/year and I get paid every week. Is there some way I can qualify for food stamps? Some other forms of assistance? I am perfectly able to support myself, but if other people can get money from the government, why can't I? Until government gets better I want to be on the winning side of the equation.

Anybody currently receiving benefits from the government that can help me out?

You know,, I had actually considered this. I even posted it here long ago, that if Obama won I would go on welfare just to crash the system.
I was going to sign up for everything I could.

Still haven't. just can't do it. And as many here know I've been unemployed for several years.
I likely qualify.

I just can't do it. Though sometimes I wish I could.
:(