PDA

View Full Version : Mike Huckabee FLASHBACK: In 2007, Mike Huckabee Supported Cap And Trade

Agorism
12-19-2010, 08:41 PM
Link to article. (http://thinkprogress.org/2010/12/16/huckabee-flip-cap-and-trade)

I also support cap and trade of carbon emissions. And I was disappointed that the Senate rejected a carbon counting system to measure the sources of emissions, because that would have been the first and the most important step toward implementing true cap and trade. -Huckabee 2007

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9yt3Q_98hl4

However, yesterday afternoon, Mike Huckabee denied that he ever supported a mandatory cap-and-trade program to reduce greenhouse pollution. “I never did support and never would support it – period,” the former Arkansas governor, Republican presidential candidate, and Fox News personality claimed in a blog post on his political fundraising site Huck PAC. However, when he spoke at the Clean Air Cool Planet conference in Manchester, NH, on October 13, 2007, Huckabee was unequivocal in his support for “cap and trade of carbon emissions” because “it’s all our responsibility to fix” climate change:

awake
12-19-2010, 09:08 PM
He was for it before he was against it... The internet is great for outing these clowns.

JustinTime
12-20-2010, 09:12 AM
Hucks a huckster. If this slimy, unprincipled good-for-nothing wins the GOP nod we're really screwed. Although I have no serious problems with religious people, the religious right's nearly blind support for anyone who talks a lot of religion may very well get this guy into the White House. I hope my religious friends will see through his lies.

roho76
12-20-2010, 09:39 AM
Send this to drudge. We need to out these clowns so that the only candidate left is Ron.

I see a video with the Huskster saying this and then pan to Mittens with that picture of him in the fudge factory but instead with his hand up the ass of free market medicine.

reduen
12-20-2010, 09:45 AM
Nice catch here... Be sure and keep it around for 2012....

RileyE104
12-20-2010, 09:56 AM
wtf someone please get this over to the places neo-cons thrive so they can see this asshole for what he is.

malkusm
12-20-2010, 09:58 AM
Major +rep to the OP.

SamuraisWisdom
12-20-2010, 10:00 AM
It would be good to have a compilation of these videos for when the debates come up. That way when Huck goes on national tv and says he has never supported cap and trade we have the proof that says otherwise. Same goes for Romney, Gingrich, etc.

reduen
12-20-2010, 10:25 AM
It would be good to have a compilation of these videos for when the debates come up. That way when Huck goes on national tv and says he has never supported cap and trade we have the proof that says otherwise. Same goes for Romney, Gingrich, etc.

+1

I have been thinking the same thing but I do not know how to download them from youtube so that I can store them all on disk. All the programs that I tried before never worked...

gls
12-20-2010, 10:42 AM
+1

I have been thinking the same thing but I do not know how to download them from youtube so that I can store them all on disk. All the programs that I tried before never worked...

http://keepvid.com/ should work.

Keith and stuff
12-20-2010, 10:46 AM
I didn't know a single person in the liberty community that supported him last time he ran for Prez. He just doesn't support liberty.

reduen
12-20-2010, 10:53 AM
Thx, you rock...

oyarde
12-20-2010, 04:15 PM
Crap & Tax ??? Evil , commie , one worlder .....