PDA

View Full Version : Mike Huckabee Huckabee demands people take his candidacy seriously

Agorism
12-19-2010, 08:36 PM
Politico: Taking Huckabee seriously (http://www.politico.com/blogs/bensmith/1210/Taking_Huckabee_seriously.html) even though we're a GAGA nation now with a post-DADT worldview.

Huckabee on 2012: Let’s face it, no one’s better positioned to challenge Obama than I am.

“I just don’t understand how it is that a person can read these polls day after day and the narrative is constantly everybody but me,” he told POLITICO. “Whether I do it or not, the fact is that if one looks at the overall body of information that’s available, nobody would be in a better position to take it all the way to November.”…

“For me, later is better,” he said, suggesting that he’d ruled out making a decision in the first quarter of next year. Advisers differ on how late he could jump in, but Vander Plaats said he’d advise Huckabee to wait until extremely late — after the August Iowa GOP straw poll — to survey the lay of the land and make up his mind…

Yet he gets only a fraction of the attention Palin enjoys — something that plainly chafes him.

“She’s brought an enormous amount of energy to the party. As to why she seemingly draws ten times the attention, I don’t know,” he said, touting recent book signings of his that had drawn up to 1,400 people, with no note in the media.

“You’re never going to read that. I’m never going to be breaking news because I made a comment on Twitter and Facebook. Why is that? I don’t know,” he said.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-R_-n7Okhlc

Liberty_Mike
12-19-2010, 08:50 PM
Face it Huckabee, there are a few people I can name off the top of my head who are more qualified to take on Obama than you are. Ron Paul, Gary Johnson and Jesse Ventura all have political experience, and have the charisma to take on Obama in 2012. Huckabee represents the religious right, and that is the only group who will show up to vote for him. RP, GJ, JV all represent the people and the individual's right to choose the way they live. Such ideology will pull voters from Obama to our side.

hazek
12-19-2010, 08:50 PM
Maybe he should try to pass a law for it to be illegal not to him serious?

RedStripe
12-19-2010, 08:52 PM
Didn't he suggest that Assange be assassinated? Or was that Palin? They're both dumb as rocks and terrible candidates.

specsaregood
12-19-2010, 08:58 PM
I say this with deep regret and all seriousness. If it is Obama vs. Huckabee and we are still looking at a Rep. controlled house and or senate. I will vote for Obama.

dannno
12-19-2010, 08:58 PM
I'm tellin you, he needs to a rendition of Imma Be by Black Eyed Peas

Huckabee Huckabee Hucka Hucka Huckabee (repeated)
Huckabee gonna mess Obama up
Huckabee gonna make a decision first quarter
Huckabee gonna make a comment on Facebook and Twitter that'll capture the nation

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kdAj-dBNCi4

speciallyblend
12-19-2010, 09:15 PM
I say this with deep regret and all seriousness. If it is Obama vs. Huckabee and we are still looking at a Rep. controlled house and or senate. I will vote for Obama.

I hear Ya,it is like the gop wants an obama 2nd term!! Honestly it is Ron Paul 2012 or the gop is just plain useless for 2012 for a presidential candidate!!

libertybrewcity
12-19-2010, 09:58 PM
dear god. he better not win...

TNforPaul45
12-19-2010, 10:03 PM
If you don't vote for Huckabee. . .he will shoot you with buckshot and show your dead carcass to reporters.

nate895
12-19-2010, 10:05 PM
To be fair, amongst the top four candidates, he would make an excellent candidate to put up against Obama. I saw one poll the week after the midterms that put him up 52-44 (I forgot who did it). If I had to pick amongst the top four based on electability, then it would be Huckabee by a mile. He's just a likeable guy, and he says enough of the right things to win the GOP primary. He's like the anti-Obama. Whereas Obama is a liberal elite who talks down to the American people and you often get the feeling like he does not know how to smile, even when he is smiling. Huckabee, on the other hand, seems like an average nice guy, and he looks like he is having fun most of the time.

I am not defending Huckabee, I'm just saying that he does have the traditional ingredients for a successful candidate.

ClayTrainor
12-19-2010, 10:07 PM
Didn't he suggest that Assange be assassinated? Or was that Palin? They're both dumb as rocks and terrible candidates.

I believe both of them did, if i remember correctly.

trey4sports
12-19-2010, 10:38 PM
As much a I dislike the huckster, I would take the fairtax over the income tax any day of the week

cindy25
12-19-2010, 10:56 PM
I do take him seriously; he will be the frontrunner in the southern primaries

driller80545
12-19-2010, 10:58 PM
Huckabee is just more of the same.

amy31416
12-19-2010, 11:01 PM
To be fair, amongst the top four candidates, he would make an excellent candidate to put up against Obama. I saw one poll the week after the midterms that put him up 52-44 (I forgot who did it). If I had to pick amongst the top four based on electability, then it would be Huckabee by a mile. He's just a likeable guy, and he says enough of the right things to win the GOP primary. He's like the anti-Obama. Whereas Obama is a liberal elite who talks down to the American people and you often get the feeling like he does not know how to smile, even when he is smiling. Huckabee, on the other hand, seems like an average nice guy, and he looks like he is having fun most of the time.

I am not defending Huckabee, I'm just saying that he does have the traditional ingredients for a successful candidate.

That "down-to-earth likability," while ignoring voting record and a lack of principles is what got us 8 years of a warmongering neocon...remember GW Bush?

nate895
12-19-2010, 11:19 PM
That "down-to-earth likability," while ignoring voting record and a lack of principles is what got us 8 years of a warmongering neocon...remember GW Bush?

I was pointing out that he had all the makings of someone who can win an election in the United States. Not that he would make a good president.

Sentient Void
12-20-2010, 12:41 AM

Honestly - same here. Just so I can watch everything continue to go down in flames just a *little* faster and not give the GOP the gratification for selecting Fuckabee for their nomineee.

james1906
12-20-2010, 07:44 AM

Huckabee called for execution, Palin called for assassination. Huckabee wants a show trial first because he's a good Christian man.

JustinTime
12-20-2010, 09:17 AM
Originally Posted by specsaregood
I say this with deep regret and all seriousness. If it is Obama vs. Huckabee and we are still looking at a Rep. controlled house and or senate. I will vote for Obama

Honestly - same here. Just so I can watch everything continue to go down in flames just a *little* faster and not give the GOP the gratification for selecting Fuckabee for their nomineee.

Me too, Obama probably benefits us more than Huck for the sheer 'wake-up-' factor. Guys like Huck just lull moderately freedom loving Americans back to sleep.

JS4Pat
12-20-2010, 09:40 AM

Good/fair analysis. The only thing he is missing is a decent record to back up all those other great intangibles...

silentshout
12-20-2010, 11:56 AM
Lol, Huckabee is just a more fascist version of Obama. No, sorry, won't be taking him seriously.

TheDriver
12-20-2010, 12:03 PM
Politico: Taking Huckabee seriously (http://www.politico.com/blogs/bensmith/1210/Taking_Huckabee_seriously.html) even though we're a GAGA nation now with a post-DADT worldview.

Huckabee on 2012: Let’s face it, no one’s better positioned to challenge Obama than I am.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-R_-n7Okhlc

One of the reasons the liberal media plays Palin up: They think she would be easy to beat! Perhaps most don't think that about Huckabee.

ChaosControl
12-20-2010, 12:10 PM
He could potentially beat Obama, unlike Palin. So people probably should take his candidacy seriously. Although I would never vote for him, he supports the same massive military, fiscal irresponsibility, anti-privacy nonsense that all the establishment types do.

pcosmar
12-20-2010, 12:26 PM
Huckabee demands people take his candidacy seriously

NO
Seriously!

Imaginos
12-20-2010, 01:04 PM
You are not alone my friend.
Huckster go huck himself.

Agorism
12-20-2010, 01:09 PM
I think we should call him "Hucker" and then just imagine different letters in the word.

http://i.neoseeker.com/boxshots/TW92aWVzL0NvbWVkeQ==/meet_the_fockers_frontcover_large_WXpAfGxa92diRBt. jpg

http://www.zenzoneforum.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=6291&stc=1&d=1270439404

cubical
12-20-2010, 01:59 PM
As much a I dislike the huckster, I would take the fairtax over the income tax any day of the week

If he could assure me that it would get passed I would vote for him. I would like to see some sort of progress out of washington before I die. Its either this or vote as liberal as possible until the country goes down in flames.

Immortal Technique
12-20-2010, 02:04 PM
The guy who was for cap and trade before he was against it wants to be taken seriously?
Gimme a break

specsaregood
12-20-2010, 02:37 PM
If he could assure me that it would get passed I would vote for him. I would like to see some sort of progress out of washington before I die. Its either this or vote as liberal as possible until the country goes down in flames.

Oh he would get the fairtax passed, no doubt about it. The problem being he'd make sure to get it passed along with making sure the Income tax stays in place as well.

Matt Collins
12-20-2010, 02:59 PM
The FairTax I believe is just as bad. Why? Because it depends on a monthly prebate check sent to every taxpayer. In order to qualify for the prebate (which most Americans will have to do in order to survive) the government will force everyone to jump through hoops and conform to the set standards or risk losing the prebate. It also sets the tax rate at 23% but that will be subject to change over time.

Humanae Libertas
12-20-2010, 03:04 PM
Huckster-the-cop-killer wants us to take him seriously? Lmao.

lester1/2jr
12-20-2010, 03:10 PM
America would never accept a former fat man for the office of the presidency. For there would always be the fear he would put that weight back on *applause*

acptulsa
12-20-2010, 03:39 PM
So, Huckabee wants us to take his candidacy for president seriously. Of course, anyone who does this will immediately become scared--very, very scared. So, he seems to want us to be very, very scared.

Ergo, Huckabee is a wannabe terrorist!

HOLLYWOOD
12-20-2010, 06:32 PM
http://punditkitchen.files.wordpress.com/2010/10/4b40ca42-e800-4379-8133-a197db090730.jpg

Well, one real one... but with a new set of "INDENTURED" Ivories... anyone on TV can NOW be considered... Serious! :rolleyes:

http://bp2.blogger.com/_HDGIUGm53K4/R5C34AwYPzI/AAAAAAAAB64/AK7BKNRK2QQ/s400/Patrick.jpg