PDA

View Full Version : Major motion picture on the Fed

Throwback280s
12-19-2010, 07:31 PM
I'm involved in a motion picture project set for wide theatrical release dealing with the Federal Reserve. We are looking for liberty-minded venture capitalists or donors to see its completion.

If anyone on the forums are investors or know of investors who might be interested in funding a major media project, I'd be happy to speak with them. Please PM if interested.

Carson
12-19-2010, 08:34 PM
I would probably be willing to put up a Super Dollar for the project.

http://photos.imageevent.com/stokeybob/followthemoney/Supersingle640x537.jpg

Liberty_Mike
12-19-2010, 08:53 PM
Care to provide everyone with a little more information?

Matt Collins
12-19-2010, 08:53 PM
I was under the impression this was supposed to be "hush-hush"? Have you and I spoken on the phone about this previously?

Throwback280s
12-19-2010, 11:41 PM
At this point, that's all the public information at this time. The crux of the thread is an open call for interested investors.

Sentinelrv
12-20-2010, 01:56 AM
Can you at least tell us if it's a factual documentary or a fictional story? If it's a wide release documentary exposing the fed then hell yeah! That's exactly the kind of exposure we need right now.

Zippyjuan
12-20-2010, 03:01 AM
A "major motion picture" with "wide theatrical release" will involve millions of dollars. That is a lot of money for something with just a basic premise of "about the Fed". Any idea of how far along it is in development- writing or distribution lined up? Script, director, actors? A comedy, documentary, action thriller? Independent films have a very hard time getting into "wide theatrical release".

crazyfacedjenkins
12-20-2010, 05:01 AM
A "major motion picture" with "wide theatrical release" will involve millions of dollars. That is a lot of money for something with just a basic premise of "about the Fed". Any idea of how far along it is in development- writing or distribution lined up? Script, director, actors? A comedy, documentary, action thriller? Independent films have a very hard time getting into "wide theatrical release".

No kidding. If this film were lined up to have a "wide theatrical release," I doubt they'd have to beg for money on Ron Paul forums. The funds would already be collected.

squarepusher
12-20-2010, 05:17 AM
will Johhny Depp be in it???

devil21
12-20-2010, 05:18 AM
bump just to ignore the naysayers and resident Fed shills.

Fwiw, smaller films do end up making a big splash once in a while. Don't tell the creators of movies like Juno that their small film won't amount to anything.

Zippyjuan
12-20-2010, 06:01 AM
True it does happen once in a while. Not often though. Juno only cost $6.5 million- small change for a Hollywood movie. Having Jennifer Garner in it didn't hurt much either.

Matt Collins
12-20-2010, 09:42 AM
I can assure you that this is real. I know who is behind it and it is legitimate. ALL movies need investors, including this one.

Madly_Sane
12-20-2010, 09:55 AM
I would probably be willing to put up a Super Dollar for the project.

http://photos.imageevent.com/stokeybob/followthemoney/Supersingle640x537.jpg

I'm hating that picture, everytime I see one of the circles in my peripheral's they move, but when I look directly at it it stops moving :mad:
Optical illusions just aren't my thing...
Off topic, I know

Slutter McGee
12-20-2010, 12:28 PM
I can assure you that this is real. I know who is behind it and it is legitimate. ALL movies need investors, including this one.

I can also confirm this. I won't tell you anything about it though. Real hush hush, but I want you to all know I am involved. You should all invest in this project you know nothing about. But I am involved. I know about it, and I want you all to know that I know.

Lol Matt,

Slutter McGee

Madly_Sane
12-20-2010, 12:35 PM
I can also confirm this. I won't tell you anything about it though. Real hush hush, but I want you to all know I am involved. You should all invest in this project you know nothing about. But I am involved. I know about it, and I want you all to know that I know.

Lol Matt,

Slutter McGee

That is real informative and convincing :rolleyes:
I'm sure anyone here would believe that and pay their 'hard-earned' money even though they don't know who or what they're giving to :p

teacherone
12-20-2010, 12:50 PM
ooooh ooohhh!! a secret billionaire!??

we haven't had one of those for ages!!

Slutter McGee
12-20-2010, 12:51 PM
I seriously don't think I can make sarcasm anymore obvious.

Slutter McGee

Madly_Sane
12-20-2010, 12:52 PM
that one guy proclaims to be one... can't recall his handle...

Madly_Sane
12-20-2010, 12:53 PM

Slutter McGee

I honestly didn't sense any sarcasm :D
But now that I know, I'll make some changes to the post I made :p

Matt Collins
12-20-2010, 12:55 PM
I never said I have been involved in this project, in fact there isn't really much of a way I can be of help to it. If there was a way I could help I would've for sure. But all I can do is help to convince others that it's legit and they should help out.

teacherone
12-20-2010, 01:05 PM
srsly

Slutter McGee

Knightskye
12-20-2010, 03:36 PM
Is there a trailer?

Zippyjuan
12-20-2010, 03:41 PM
Is there a trailer?

FEMA has it. (Sorry- bad joke- couldn't pass on it though!)

Sounds like any filiming of any kind has not even started so a trailer would be a long ways off. How is the script coming along?

unklejman
12-20-2010, 04:41 PM
I work at a production company and I can't tell you how many people we have come through here with some great movie that will definitely get a theatrical release and make us a lot of money, if only we would do it for free.

I'm sorry but there needs to be way more information.

Cowlesy
12-20-2010, 04:47 PM
No, this is a legitimate request.

Gee whiz guys. No need to fill the sea with depth-charges of negativity.

I understand some of the incredulity of tossing out of a request like this on an internet messageboard, but if you don't try, you'll never know.

Clearly it's a tough longshot, but hey AdamT's movie was awesome. Clearly a major motion picture along the lines of IOUSA or Fahrenheit 9/11 is much more difficult given the few Ron Paul inroads to Hollywood, but you can't fault this team for trying.

Sheesh.

unklejman
12-20-2010, 05:03 PM
The problem is what team is this? And exactly what are they trying?

If this is legit I'd be interested in helping. I've been scratching my head on how to make a film that conveys the liberty message. I just know that I need way more info to even begin to think about doing anything.

No, this is a legitimate request.

Gee whiz guys. No need to fill the sea with depth-charges of negativity.

I understand some of the incredulity of tossing out of a request like this on an internet messageboard, but if you don't try, you'll never know.

Clearly it's a tough longshot, but hey AdamT's movie was awesome. Clearly a major motion picture along the lines of IOUSA or Fahrenheit 9/11 is much more difficult given the few Ron Paul inroads to Hollywood, but you can't fault this team for trying.

Sheesh.

specsaregood
12-20-2010, 05:08 PM
The problem is what team is this? And exactly what are they trying?

If this is legit I'd be interested in helping. I've been scratching my head on how to make a film that conveys the liberty message. I just know that I need way more info to even begin to think about doing anything.

Well obviously they dont want to put all that info out in the open just yet. That is why they OP said:

If anyone on the forums are investors or know of investors who might be interested in funding a major media project, I'd be happy to speak with them. Please PM if interested.

The OP was just a tidbit in order to get them in touch with people that are interested in the project as a potential investor.

Bman
12-20-2010, 05:21 PM
I cannot donate money but would be more than happy to help with talents. Mostly audio related, from ambient background sounds/music to composing. I can also edit audio, do some ADR work for you if needed.

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?267993-Liberty-Forest-Talent-Directory&p=2974139&viewfull=1#post2974139

Throwback280s
12-20-2010, 06:50 PM
When looking for liberty-minded investors, leave no stone unturned. They're hard to find.

If you have any serious leads, send me a PM. I appreciate the responses.

crazyfacedjenkins
12-22-2010, 04:42 AM
ooooh ooohhh!! a secret billionaire!??

we haven't had one of those for ages!!

hahahahahah!! I remember that back in the day, man I miss that shit.

Matt Collins
12-22-2010, 11:15 AM
hahahahahah!! I remember that back in the day, man I miss that shit.
There is a Ron Paul supporting billionaire, his name is Peter Theil, the founder of PayPal.