PDA

View Full Version : Globalist Think Tank (Aspen Institute) "Trains" Local Politicians

Matt Collins
12-19-2010, 01:59 PM
Tomeka Hart and Tre Hargett are among 24 “rising stars” in U.S. government selected for a two-year paid fellowship seeking to break down partisan barriers.

Hart, 39, is president and CEO of the Memphis Urban League and a member of the city school board. Hargett, 41, of Bartlett is Tennessee secretary of state.

They are the only Tennesseans invited to participate in an Aspen Institute forum that counts governors and six U.S. representatives and senators as alumni.

“We’re looking for people with reputations for being intelligent but also thoughtful, and those can be two very different things,” said Mickey Edwards, vice president of Washington-based Aspen Institute.

SOURCE:
http://politics.nashvillepost.com/2010/12/18/fast-risers/

Matt Collins
12-19-2010, 02:01 PM
I find it interesting that Trey Grayson, Marco Rubio, and Tre Hargertt are all involved here. Two of them are Sec of State for their respective states.

romacox
12-19-2010, 02:27 PM
This information was revealed to me by a member of this forum, and since I was asked to do candidate research before the last election I informed the Tea Party. It (and the fact that Rubio voted for the Florida Cap and Trade Bill) was squashed by the leadership.

They sincerely believed that an independent had no chance even if they backed him. They also feared that to tell the truth would split votes, and cause Charlie Christ to win the election.

Matt Collins
12-19-2010, 02:42 PM
This information was revealed to me by a member of this forum, and since I was asked to do candidate research before the last election I informed the Tea Party. It (and the fact that Rubio voted for the Florida Cap and Trade Bill) was squashed by the leadership.

They sincerely believed that an independent had no chance even if they backed him. They also feared that to tell the truth would split votes, and cause Charlie Christ to win the election.Everyone knows the wolf in the room is dangerous. Unfortunately it's the wolf that's disguised as grandma who is most dangerous. He doesn't cause people's defenses to be raised.

sailingaway
12-19-2010, 06:53 PM
But Moira is also a fellow, right? So.... I'm not sure I get the Aspen institute...

Matt Collins
12-19-2010, 06:59 PM
But Moira is also a fellow, right? So.... I'm not sure I get the Aspen institute...
Don't know if that's true or not. She attended allegedly, but I'm not sure what her relation to the Institute is.

agar
12-19-2010, 07:14 PM
I recall reading somewhere that "Young Gun" Paul Ryan and KY scumbag Jack Conway are also Aspen alumnis.

JacksonianBME
12-19-2010, 07:21 PM
There are a lot of Aspen mofos at all levels of Government. Paul Ryan is one. http://www.aspeninstitute.org/leadership-programs/aspen-institute-rodel-fellowships-public-le-/rodel-fellows-inaugural-class

PatriotOne
12-19-2010, 08:57 PM
Yet another of many of one world government training institutes funded by the usual suspects.

The Aspen Institute is largely funded by foundations such as the [B]Carnegie Corporation, The Rockefeller Brothers Fund and the Ford Foundation

agar
12-19-2010, 09:03 PM
There are a lot of Aspen mofos at all levels of Government. Paul Ryan is one. http://www.aspeninstitute.org/leadership-programs/aspen-institute-rodel-fellowships-public-le-/rodel-fellows-inaugural-class

Very interesting list. Thanks for posting.

Extreme Marxist Democrats Wasserman-Schulz and Kendrick Meeks were in same class as GOP Trey Grayson, Michael Steele, and "conservative" Paul "I love TARP" Ryan.

It seems that after one compltetes an Aspen fellowship, the political career suddenly fast-tracks.

Matt Collins
01-08-2011, 08:26 AM
Don't know if that's true or not. She attended allegedly, but I'm not sure what her relation to the Institute is.
So at Ron and Rand's party the other day I directly asked her about this.

She said that when she worked for Tucker and the Daily Caller the AI tapped her to come and speak on a panel at one of their functions. They paid her way and she was there for a few days. But that was it. She said she really has no affiliation with the AI outside of that single visit and it was just a speaking engagement. She did say that the AI is very left leaning.

So there ya have it.