PDA

View Full Version : Fallback position...

cbc58
12-19-2010, 10:38 AM
Given that RP may not run for president, and even if he does his chances are severely limited seeing as he won't go independent, what is the fallback position for folks here?

Who is next in line for your support for president?

nc4rp
12-19-2010, 12:17 PM
Ron will run if he has the support, which he does. His chances are stronger than ever too considering he's been loyal to his party and has built a nation of supporters from the new to the old-party-line people also. The fallback position is to win BIG. SWEEPING.

Doesn't matter who's next in line. Its not the person, its the message of constitutionally limited government, sound money, non-interventionist foreign policy, personal responsibility, etc

How about you cbc58? who is next in line for your support?

cbc58
12-19-2010, 02:56 PM
Doesn't matter who's next in line. Its not the person, its the message of constitutionally limited government, sound money, non-interventionist foreign policy, personal responsibility, etc

i am asking a pointed question because it matters. i know alot of this "movement" is about the message... but i am asking specifically about who else is out there if he doesn't run or doesn't win his parties nomination. people here may not want to address it but i am trying to learn now what people plan to do if it doesn't turn out the way they want. if they haven't considered options they likely should because of what happend last election - nobody knew where to turn next and the movement had no focus and fizzled.

Eric21ND
12-19-2010, 03:38 PM
Plan B goes by the name Gary Johnson.

nc4rp
12-19-2010, 04:46 PM
i am asking a pointed question because it matters. i know alot of this "movement" is about the message... but i am asking specifically about who else is out there if he doesn't run or doesn't win his parties nomination. people here may not want to address it but i am trying to learn now what people plan to do if it doesn't turn out the way they want. if they haven't considered options they likely should because of what happend last election - nobody knew where to turn next and the movement had no focus and fizzled.

im asking a pointed question too. whos your next on the list?

If Ron doesnt run then i wouldnt know who. Rand maybe. never heard of Gary Johnson.

trey4sports
12-19-2010, 06:00 PM
Google Gary Johnson, he's not perfect but he's inline with 90% or so of my personal beliefs. More of a beltway Libertarian type

Elwar
12-20-2010, 08:19 AM
We'll know soon enough. From now until April or so prepare for Ron Paul's candidacy.

But do any parallel work for Johnson that doesn't require any significant effort. (ie. my garyjohnson2012.com website that looks surprisingly a lot like my theronpaulteaparty.com site)

Johnson's definitely running, and even if Ron Paul runs, any effort for Johnson won't be lost as we can bring his supporters into the fray when/if he drops out and endorses Ron Paul.

BuddyRey
12-20-2010, 07:11 PM
I strongly believe Ron will run, but if he doesn't, I'd consider throwing my support behind Gary Johnson. And, if Gary also decides not to run, I'll support whatever Libertarian Party candidate sucks the least and pray for the best.

RonPaulFanInGA
12-20-2010, 07:19 PM
Fallback position...(if Ron Paul doesn't run)

Apathy.

Matt Collins
12-20-2010, 07:33 PM
Google Gary Johnson, he's not perfect but he's inline with 90% or so of my personal beliefs. More of a beltway Libertarian type

I strongly believe Ron will run, but if he doesn't, I'd consider throwing my support behind Gary Johnson. And, if Gary also decides not to run, I'll support whatever Libertarian Party candidate sucks the least and pray for the best.
I agree completely!