PDA

View Full Version : Banned from FreeRepublic? You are welcome here under the big tent at liberty forest.

Agorism
12-18-2010, 02:51 PM
Someone commented on another blog that Jim Robinson, who is owner of Free Republic, banned over 25 long time posters today who all favored the repeal of Don't ask don't tell. Well it's his blog so he can do as he pleases, but it's still interesting to know.

Mod Note: We are a big tent here at liberty forest. We welcome all banned (and non-banned) Free Republic members!

Straight from the horse's (asses') mouth:

h XXp://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/2644629/posts

sailingaway
12-18-2010, 02:55 PM
Lol!

RonPaulFanInGA
12-18-2010, 03:11 PM
He knocked off a lot of long-time members back in 2007 for supporting Giuliani or Paul. Just those two candidate's supporters were mass-banned.

Romney and probably really any non-Palin supporters are likely out the door around mid-2011. FreeRepublic is Palin worship central. Princess Palin must be treated with kids' gloves.

Agorism
12-18-2010, 03:14 PM
Redstate is all quiet on the issue.

Not a peep. Guiliani was a gay marriage support or civil unions supporter right though? I believe so maybe that's why they banned him.

http://samsonblinded.org/images/head-in-the-sand.gif

Hotair at least acknowledges the world around them even if they don't necessarily like it.

angelatc
12-18-2010, 03:50 PM
They banned people who weren't on board with the Bush amnesty back in the day, too. That's when I realized somebody was politically confused. It took me a little while longer to figure out that it wasn't me.

Hotair selectively acknowledges the world around them. WIkilieaks cases in point: Tax-funded pedophile parties - not a word. Cuba bans Sicko? Front page.

RonPaulFanInGA
12-18-2010, 04:42 PM
I'm trying to find a link proving this.

Straight from the horse's (asses') mouth:

h XXp://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/2644629/posts

specsaregood
12-18-2010, 04:55 PM
Can we get a title change on the thread?
something like: "Banned from FreeRepublic? You are welcome here under the big tent at liberty forest."
There might be some disillusioned conservatives out there looking for a new home on the internet...

Or I guess a new thread with that topic might work..

Nate-ForLiberty
12-18-2010, 04:56 PM
a lot of "us or them" rhetoric. no in between.

hypocritical bigots suck

EndDaFed
12-18-2010, 04:58 PM
I wonder how many are trolls on that website playing the dumb neocon personality for shits and giggles.

AxisMundi
12-18-2010, 04:59 PM
From this "conservative forum" and the link provided above...
A couple more posters got zotted today.

Guess we need another reminder:

If you support the homosexual agenda you are anti-constitution and you'll get the zot from FR. Homosexuals already have the same "rights" as everyone else. God did not grant and the constitution does not guarantee homosexuals any special rights. In fact, the homosexual agenda is a full frontal attack on OUR God-given, constitutionally protected rights to free speech, freedom of religion, freedom of association, Life, Family, Marriage, Pursuit of Happiness, etc.

I don't want it on FR and won't have it on FR.

Like abortion, if you support the homosexual agenda on FR, your account here will be zotted!

Don't like it? Tough frickin Shinola! Get the hell OFF this conservative site!!

Never fails to amaze how those who shout "Constitution" the loudest have little to no knowledge about that document, or it's principles, especially when they spout off about god, and list those rights gays are being denied.

I guess in this asshat's eyes "Free" only includes white protestant male heteros, and everyone else can GTFO.

Brett85
12-18-2010, 05:10 PM
Can we get a title change on the thread?
something like: "Banned from FreeRepublic? You are welcome here under the big tent at liberty forest."
There might be some disillusioned conservatives out there looking for a new home on the internet...

Or I guess a new thread with that topic might work..

Yep. I got banned from free republic simply for defending Ron's foreign policy views. They don't want any kind of dissent over there. I'm glad that this forum allows me to express my views, even though I'm not a down the line libertarian like many here.

Kregisen
12-18-2010, 05:27 PM
lol what a dumbass. Saying the word 'constitution' and then supporting something unconstitutional in the same sentence.

HOLLYWOOD
12-18-2010, 05:35 PM
Yep. I got banned from free republic simply for defending Ron's foreign policy views. They don't want any kind of dissent over there. I'm glad that this forum allows me to express my views, even though I'm not a down the line libertarian like many here.

Sounds like it's government run site. Ich Muss lick the boots of the leadership and always remain PC... No? well then, your career/membership is over.

I stay away from garbage sites like FR... there are many

Heimdallr
12-18-2010, 06:37 PM
OK. So, I just read through the comments on the FreeRepublic news post about the bannings.

What. The. Fuck.

How can anybody take these lunatics seriously?

I've seen some weird shit, mostly coming from the left, but these guys are like... WOW. "***" this and "****" that in almost every post.

cswake
12-18-2010, 07:09 PM
Nothing like democracy to give a few good laughs...

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary.

BlackTerrel
12-18-2010, 07:12 PM
Never posted there but it's a private forum that espouses a particular ideology. Not shocked they'd do this - nor do I care too much.

angelatc
12-18-2010, 07:19 PM
OK. So, I just read through the comments on the FreeRepublic news post about the bannings.

What. The. Fuck.

I've seen some weird shit, mostly coming from the left, but these guys are like... WOW. "***" this and "****" that in almost every post.

The 912 forums are like that too. I wish I had a screen cap - once on the front page, two conversations. The first was a group having a collective fit because the left was accusing them of being bigoted homophobes. The next thread started off with something about the sick perverted homosexual agenda.

Classic.

RonPaulFanInGA
12-18-2010, 07:33 PM

What. The. Fuck.

It's especially depressing when you consider how much representation people just like this have in a closed Republican primary. And Ron Paul voted for repeal....

Thomas
12-18-2010, 07:35 PM
+1776

specsaregood
12-18-2010, 07:50 PM
It's especially depressing when you consider how much representation people just like this have in a closed Republican primary. And Ron Paul voted for repeal....

You're right, Dr. Paul should totally vote the way the majority of Republican voters want him to, that way he can get elected.....

Kregisen
12-18-2010, 07:53 PM
You're right, Dr. Paul should totally vote the way the majority of Republican voters want him to, that way he can get elected.....

That's not what he said at all. He said it was depressing that those people have so much say in the party, and that ron Paul voted for the repeal......so obviously, when we put 2 and 2 together, we understand he was implying it's depressing that it's gonna be hard for Ron to get a lot of support.

specsaregood
12-18-2010, 08:21 PM
That's not what he said at all. He said it was depressing that those people have so much say in the party, and that ron Paul voted for the repeal......so obviously, when we put 2 and 2 together, we understand he was implying it's depressing that it's gonna be hard for Ron to get a lot of support.

Let's be real, is this really gonna hurt him? I'd argue that the only people upset about this vote already hate Dr. Paul.

libertybrewcity
12-18-2010, 09:09 PM
welcome former Free Republic users! We shall not discriminate!

Inflation
12-18-2010, 09:55 PM
Obama is using DADT as a tool to splinter the Tea Party coalition(s) into a civil war between Theocrats (posing as SoCons and NeoCons) and the FiCons/libertarians.

Meanwhile, Free Republic raises hundreds of thousands of dollars from useful ZioFundy idiots, yet cannot keep a dead simple text based site up and running. You can't even edit your posts, etc. It isn't hard or expensive to run 1996 software on 2010 hardware, yet FR often goes down and is always begging for more "donations."

If they used their donation $$$$ to stand up for Fair Use, I would be a supporter. But no, JimRob caved to RightHaven, ran (er, rolled) away like a little #^$$~, and let other sysops and bloggers fight for the recent court victory (re-)legitimizing Fair Use.

JimRob ignores the fact that other countries' armies are doing just fine, even without DADT. Even Holy Israel's (May Peace and territorial expansion be upon Her and may Jesus cause genocide to all who oppose, Amen) army is integrated!

I think that he's terrified of the ***** hiding under his bed and in his closet.

Or maybe he was regularly &%(&%$ in the %$(@! by his priest until he liked the taste of $%^.

That would explain his bigoted Fundy rantings most efficiently.

The bizarre thing is that JimRob claims to hate the "homosexual agenda" yet he never dares say a single word of criticism about the (gay and Jewish) Hollywood Mafia.

It's quite a ***** contradiction in his Freeper Pope ideology.:D

BlackTerrel
12-18-2010, 10:16 PM
Obama is using DADT as a tool to splinter the Tea Party coalition(s) into a civil war between Theocrats (posing as SoCons and NeoCons) and the FiCons/libertarians.

Meanwhile, Free Republic raises hundreds of thousands of dollars from useful ZioFundy idiots, yet cannot keep a dead simple text based site up and running. You can't even edit your posts, etc. It isn't hard or expensive to run 1996 software on 2010 hardware, yet FR often goes down and is always begging for more "donations."

If they used their donation $$$$ to stand up for Fair Use, I would be a supporter. But no, JimRob caved to RightHaven, ran (er, rolled) away like a little #^$$~, and let other sysops and bloggers fight for the recent court victory (re-)legitimizing Fair Use.

JimRob ignores the fact that other countries' armies are doing just fine, even without DADT. Even Holy Israel's (May Peace and territorial expansion be upon Her and may Jesus cause genocide to all who oppose, Amen) army is integrated!

I think that he's terrified of the ***** hiding under his bed and in his closet.

Or maybe he was regularly &%(&%$ in the %$(@! by his priest until he liked the taste of $%^.

That would explain his bigoted Fundy rantings most efficiently.

The bizarre thing is that JimRob claims to hate the "homosexual agenda" yet he never dares say a single word of criticism about the (gay and Jewish) Hollywood Mafia.

It's quite a ***** contradiction in his Freeper Pope ideology.:D

Wow. Paranoid much? There are legitimate reasons why people would oppose the repeal of DADT and they're standing on their principles. So be it.

Agorism
12-18-2010, 10:26 PM
When I heard DADT got repealed, I had an irresistible desire to go to youtube to listen to just dance.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Abk1jAONjw

libertybrewcity
12-18-2010, 10:54 PM
Wow. Paranoid much? There are legitimate reasons why people would oppose the repeal of DADT and they're standing on their principles. So be it.

Lol, I'll say..

Kregisen
12-18-2010, 10:54 PM
Let's be real, is this really gonna hurt him? I'd argue that the only people upset about this vote already hate Dr. Paul.

No, it won't hurt him. He differs from all the other GOP candidates on most issues as it is. I agree with the other poster though that it's depressing to have the vast majority of republican voters just clueless zombies who watch fox all day........

And yet people wonder why we get presidents like Bush or Obama.

TNforPaul45
12-18-2010, 11:33 PM
And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall set you free.

--Jesus

angelatc
12-18-2010, 11:55 PM

--Jesus

I wish that were true.

WarDog
12-19-2010, 12:11 AM
Excuse me but this site ban me so what are we talking about

libertybrewcity
12-19-2010, 12:15 AM

dude, if you were banned, you wouldn't be able to post.

Working Poor
12-19-2010, 12:16 AM

How long ya'll gonna make this boy beg? ;D

Inflation
12-19-2010, 12:23 AM
Wow. Paranoid much?

Accusations of paranoia?! How leftist, and exactly what we've come to expect from you, a baiting Alinsky-Lite. I was simply offering a plausible explanation for JimRob's violent obsession with promoting and enforcing hatred of gays.

The bigoted fundy crowd made the same claims about racial integration, which of course never proved to be anything but false.

Did you read JimRob's latest ZOT thread? Do you even know anything about FR? I've been watching and laughing at that Fundy ant farm since it moved to the web in '97. So step off, boy!

You wanna see real paranoia? Look no further than your bigoted mini-furher at FR:

To: All

And if you support open homosexuals in the military, then you support Obama and the left’s long-term campaign to destroy our country. The issue of homosexuals in the military is part of the Marxist plan to destroy our society and our free nation. It will destroy our military, our defenses, our national security and eventually cost us our freedom!

If you support the homosexual agenda you support the destruction of America. You are NO conservative!! Get the hell OFF of FR!!

42 posted on Saturday, December 18, 2010 11:45:50 AM by Jim Robinson

Inflation
12-19-2010, 12:27 AM
There are legitimate reasons why people would oppose the repeal of DADT and they're standing on their principles.

There were legitimate reasons why people opposed the repeal of slavery and segregation too. Big whoop. What's your point? You have to actually NAME some of your ever-so-legitimate-but-unspecified reasons or I can legitimately assert that you are wrong.

I find your scolding, nagging, baiting, tsk-tsk'ing posts to be the least valuable of all those posted on this entire site.

Your only utility is inspiring me to find the 'ignore' button, so that I am no longer subjected to the primitive reactions emanating from your farce of a neocortex.

And go ahead dawg, throw your support to the classy bigoted Fundies. Support homophobic troops getting away with murder, just like the Freepers do here:

To: traderrob6

Fragging becomes fagging. (http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/2644646/posts?page=29#29)

29 posted on Saturday, December 18, 2010 1:04:37 PM by americanophile

and here:

To: Jim Robinson

This is the darkest day in our history. This is truly a disaster. My heart goes out to the service men who will defend themselves from gang rape and go to prison for doing so. Fragging will be known as “fagging”. These sick perverts should be in jail not in the barracks. I am so sad for America.It will not be pretty. (http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/news/2644629/posts?page=390#390)

390 posted on Saturday, December 18, 2010 4:03:54 PM by Benchim

and here as well:

To: jazusamo

I had hoped that “fragging” was a term that our military would never hear again. Perhaps the elitists in DC should think very carefully about the limits of their power before they do yet another stupid thing. (http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/2644693/posts?page=3#3)

3 posted on Saturday, December 18, 2010 3:14:22 PM by Pollster1

and, most succintly, here:

To: SeekAndFind; All

American military, do your duty — Frag a ***! (http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/2643532/posts?page=77#77)

77 posted on 12/16/2010 9:07:36 AM PST by j.argese

Enjoy replying to my kill file BT.

:cool: Plonk! :cool:

Agorism
12-19-2010, 02:36 AM
Wow

I didn't know what the term "fragging" meant. I knew it meant kill, but I didn't know it came from Vietnam. Wiki says that it means to kill a superior officer. People used fragmentation grenades during the fog of war so that no specific person could be blamed, and it says that around 1400 junior officers may have been fragged.

Don't piss off the enlistees apparently. Underground newspapers even kept bounties out for killing unpopular ones.

This just tells me that Vietnam was dumb.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tfNwt8MZR0Q

But I just went to Freerepublic and that place is degenerating completely at this point with several DADT threads going on bashing GOP senators.

Inflation
12-19-2010, 09:47 AM
Wow

I didn't know what the term "fragging" meant.

But I just went to Freerepublic and that place is degenerating completely at this point with several DADT threads going on bashing GOP senators.

JimRob and his merry band of ZioFundy FagHunters have really gone off the deep end this time! It's like a weird inverse of LittleGreenFootballs. At least they can both agree on how glorious it is to run a site that kills dissenting discussion and worship at the feet of their Nutcase sysops.

It's asinine that so many are fooled by their money grubbing scam sites, and sad how much damage Obama will do to the Tea Party Coalition(s) by using DADT to catalyze conflict between TheoCons and FiCons/libertarians.

DADT gives the ZioCons that have been waiting to attack libertarians just the excuse they need to goad their fundy cattle into a profitable stampede of moralistic outrage.

To: Jim Robinson

I guess my account needs to be deleted, then. Apparently it’s no longer enough to be a fiscal conservative and suspicious of big government. No, siree... NOWADAYS you have to full-on 100% subscribe to each and every “conservative” issue or you’re deemed not conservative enough and purged in a manner that can only be described as “Stalin-esque”.

No political group in history has succeeded by purging itself of moderates.

Regards,

670 posted on 12/18/2010 7:50:55 PM PST by Stiletto

To: Stiletto

No problem. zot

682 posted on 12/18/2010 7:57:01 PM PST by Jim Robinson

LOL, what a lunatic!

cswake
12-19-2010, 10:15 AM
The issue of jews blacks athiests women homosexuals in the military is part of the Marxist plan to destroy our society and our free nation. It will destroy our military, our defenses, our national security and eventually cost us our freedom!

The same arguments the Freepers are using can easily be adapted to other groups. I wonder if this is Glenn Beck paranoia shining through?

Look no further than your bigoted mini-furher at FR
LOL! When it seems the liberal-statists have won with their class-warfare, the conservative-statists try to one-up them.

An interesting experiment would be if someone adapted Hitler's/Stalin's/Mussolini's/Mao's techniques and propaganda to modern-day events and "disguised" them, whether the lunatics on the left & right would find themselves in support of the policies of some of history's most evil people.

Agorism
12-19-2010, 10:16 AM
Robinson came into Freerepublic in a drunken rage after DADT passed and banned all his members no doubt.

Inflation
12-19-2010, 10:35 AM
Robinson came into Freerepublic in a drunken rage after DADT passed and banned all his members no doubt.

Lollers!!! Maybe he'll start changing suspiciously non-gay bashing people's avatars to pink triangles tomorrow. Oh wait, FR still doesn't even have avatars, despite collecting millions in "donation" $$$$$ over the past 13 years.

Hey, somebody to over there and recruit this awesome "Big Guy and Rusty 99" person for our team, before RimJob wakes up, cleans the puke and @#$ off his wheelchair, and then reads this epic opus, leading to yet another angry homophobic meltdown of pervert priest-induced, closet-case self-hatred.

To: All

Dear Jim Rob and company,

I just wanted to express my appreciation of your Christian love for your fellow man. I remember in the Gospels where Jesus called people “*****” and “****”. I wonder if You all use other epithets towards groups you dislike such a blacks or Jews. Are you against integrated military of blacks and whites as well? Because after all, that’s what Jesus would do.

You speak of Liberty, but it seems only Liberty your way. There is nothing that separates you from Barack Obama or Hugo Chavez but your name. You call yourself a conservative, JimRob, because you want to conserve the constitution. Where in the Constitution does it say to hate homosexuals? (or anyone for that matter) Where does it say in the Bible does it say to hate homosexuals? Yes, it says that homosexuality is a sin. It does not say anywhere to hate the sinner. In fact, He commanded you to love the sinner. He came to redeem the lowest and dirtiest with sin. Jesus said that no man is righteous, not one. There is only one judge of our souls, it is not you.

Now I know that you are going to label me as a stupid liberal. I will have you know that I have never voted for any democrat. The only RINO I voted for was McCain in 2008 (because I was voting against Obama.) I believe in Liberty and Freedom under the strict reading of the Constitution. I believe in government under the original intent. I believe that government should be a framework, not an overwhelming presence in the citizen’s every day life. I am pro-life. I believe the sanctity of life. Overwhelmingly, I believe in America.

You demean us with your knuckle-dragging calls of “****” and “***” In fact, you embody all the things people on the other side accuse us of being. If I believed in conspiracy theories (although I am not stupid enough to do so), I might think that you actually work for The Daily Kos and like the “Reverend” Fred Phelps, you are a democrat. Your hate genuinely does we, real conservatives, a disservice.

I have come to the conclusion that you are not you are not interested in Liberty at all, only imposing your version of America on everyone just like those you oppose. You may ban me and I will unable to post on your site, but you will still be hate-filled wheelchairbound absolutist. Unlike you, I do not hate you despite our disagreement. In fact in following in the Divine model of Jesus, I love you despite your mortal sin of wrathfulness. I pray for your soul.

786 posted on Saturday, December 18, 2010 11:38:05 PM by Big Guy and Rusty 99 (I am defiant.)

BlackTerrel
12-19-2010, 12:54 PM
Accusations of paranoia?! How leftist, and exactly what we've come to expect from you, a baiting Alinsky-Lite. I was simply offering a plausible explanation for JimRob's violent obsession with promoting and enforcing hatred of gays.

Not really. You were just making shit up. I quote: "Or maybe he was regularly &%(&%$ in the %$(@! by his priest until he liked the taste of $%^."

Or maybe there are legitimate reasons to oppose the repeal of this law. I oppose it and I was never raped by a Priest and I'm not Catholic either.

The bigoted fundy crowd made the same claims about racial integration, which of course never proved to be anything but false.

Yeah see that's kind of bullshit. It's not near the same thing. You're comparing skin color to what is most likely a chemical imbalance.

I find your scolding, nagging, baiting, tsk-tsk'ing posts to be the least valuable of all those posted on this entire site.

Your only utility is inspiring me to find the 'ignore' button, so that I am no longer subjected to the primitive reactions emanating from your farce of a neocortex.

Go for it. How hard is it to find that button?

The reason I reacted as I did is - WTF are you so pissed about? Your law passed - you should be happy. Enjoy. You won this one. Instead you went on some bizarre angry rant because some people on an internet forum disagreed with you? That's anger and paranoia right there.

specsaregood
12-19-2010, 12:56 PM
This is what pisses me off. It's not near the same thing. You're comparing skin color to what is most likely a chemical imbalance.

So, uhm what determines people's skin color? I'm pretty sure it is a chemical makeup.....or even chemical imbalance if you prefer.

Agorism
12-19-2010, 01:00 PM
Don't like it, go home!

GAGA proposes a law to purge the military of homophobes

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g4rGla6OzGc

AGRP
12-19-2010, 01:03 PM
FreeFascism?

Agorism
12-19-2010, 01:08 PM
GAG proposed a new law

I am here today because I would like to propose a new law; a law that sends home the soldier that has the problem. Our new law is called "if you don't like it, go home." A law that discharges the soldier with the issue, the law that discharges the soldier with the real problem, the homophobic soldier that has the real negative effect on unit cohesion. A law that sends home the homophobe, a law that sends home the prejudiced. A law that doesn't prosecute the gay soldier who fights for equality with no problem, but prosecutes the straight soldier who fights against it. Or perhaps that was a bit spun. ... To be fair, it sends home the straight soldier who fights for some freedoms, for some equalities, but not for the equality of the gay. He is the one — or she is the one — under this new proposition who will be discharged for disrupting the military. If you are not committed to perform with excellence as a United States soldier because you don't believe in full equality, go home.

-Lady GAGA

AxisMundi
12-19-2010, 04:20 PM

--Jesus

the truth shall set you free.

Morpheus

AxisMundi
12-19-2010, 04:25 PM

Reasons? Certainly.
Legitimate? Hardly.

Religious motivations? Not everyone adheres to the bible, and we aren't a theocracy (despite the best attempts of some citizens).

Some perceived mass exodus (pun)? Same thing was said when integration occurred. Didn't happen then either.

Personal biases? Racists must serve next to those they are prejudiced towards. Comes with the territory.

Ogling in the shower? Doesn't happen now, won't happen later.

If I forgot something, please feel free to list it.

AxisMundi
12-19-2010, 04:31 PM
Yeah see that's kind of bullshit. It's not near the same thing. You're comparing skin color to what is most likely a chemical imbalance.....

Considering that all related sciences agree that all classifications of human sexuality, ****-, bi-, and heterosexuality, share the same origins, I guess we heteros are "chemically imbalanced" as well.

And it is perfectly reasonable to compare "skin color" with homosexuality, considering the unreasoning, baseless discrimination the GLBT community faces.

TNforPaul45
12-19-2010, 04:54 PM
What you are seeing over at Free Republic is the bleeding edge of the festering boil that has been seared onto the national consciousness of our country by the false left-right paradigm.

Some of those posts are just long strings of keywords that have been drilled into the brains of the sheep, backed by an overswelling over emotional drivel. They suffer from the same errant emotion-based reasoning that the "liberals" that they hate so much suffer from.

To date, the arguments in that thread have been posited as such: "Liberal Marxism *** *** hate Kill Destruction of our Country Pray for our Troops Kill the *** Troops Church church They Took Our Joorbs."

It's almost like watching someone in the last stages of severe schizophrenia right before their brain shuts down.

georgiaboy
12-20-2010, 11:45 AM
What was the quote I repped the other day? "More and more free thinking conservatives are moving toward libertarianism all the time, but I don't see libertarians moving the other direction".

FR's move here helps the RPR more than it hurts it. Their numbers are shrinking, while ours grow. Separating the wheat from the chaff FTW.

georgiaboy
12-20-2010, 11:52 AM

--Jesus

Needs context:

John 8:31-32 -- To the Jews who had believed him, Jesus said, "If you hold to my teaching, you are really my disciples. Then you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free."

silentshout
12-20-2010, 11:54 AM
Wow. I have never been to Free Republic before, and now I am glad I never did. What a bunch of festering hate. Seriously, if gays being allowed to tell the truth about their sexual orientation in the military is their biggest beef with our government, that's pretty sad.

specsaregood
12-20-2010, 11:56 AM
FR's move here helps the RPR more than it hurts it. Their numbers are shrinking, while ours grow. Separating the wheat from the chaff FTW.

Indeed. The more people they ban, the better. I hope we get some of their bannees.

TNforPaul45
12-20-2010, 01:37 PM
Needs context:

John 8:31-32 -- To the Jews who had believed him, Jesus said, "If you hold to my teaching, you are really my disciples. Then you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free."

You could put anything behind the second half of his quote and it would be true. Because anytime truth is learned you are freed from the slavery of ignorance. Jesus is truth and is the father of it. He said that we should love our neighbor like we love ourselves, and contained within this is all the law and the prophets. What he meant is that when you do this first, all truth will come from it, because anytime you lie, you show a disdain for your neighbor. If you look at all the greed, lies, secrecy, corruption, etc that our country is suffering from and that we rail against on a daily basis, it all stems from a failure of one group of people, those in power, to love everyone else, instead they look down them. They fail to follow Jesus' greatest commandment, and all of our other isssues stem from this.

So indeed, if you learn the truth, you will be free indeed.

Badger Paul
12-20-2010, 02:14 PM
You could probably populate a mid0sized town with all the persons "banned" from Not-So-Free Republic.

I wear it as a badge of honor.

LatinsforPaul
12-20-2010, 02:54 PM
h xxp://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/2644629/posts

Does anyone know if this is the same Jim Robinson that is a moderator on TCUnation (http://www.tcunation.com/profile/JimRobinson)?

RonPaulFanInGA
12-20-2010, 03:17 PM
New thread:

h XXp://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/2644972/posts

Is serving in the military a constitutional civil RIGHT?

Can anyone just march into a recruiting office and demand his constitutionally guaranteed civil RIGHT to serve? Or does he first have to qualify? Mentally, educationally, physically, healthwise, morally, etc?

Wanted: A few good MEN (girly-men in a pinch)

specsaregood
12-20-2010, 03:38 PM
//

specsaregood
03-27-2011, 02:27 PM
bump for new recruits