PDA

View Full Version : Rescue a Drowning deer, pay a fine

aravoth
12-18-2010, 11:00 AM
Today’s gleaming example of government stupidity comes from Baltimore County Maryland, where a “Natural Resources Officer” stood by and attempted to watch an animal die slowly in an icy river. His plans were foiled when a group of people that have a conscience rescued the animal from certain doom......

READ MORE : http://objectsinmotion.org/rescue-a-drowing-deer-pay-a-fine/

Stary Hickory
12-18-2010, 11:51 AM
That "natural Resources Officer" needs to be fired. Publicly humiliated and fired. He was not given authority for "those" reasons. I am sure somewhere someone is held accountable for his actions, threaten this person with removal of office unless he fires this jackass.

Freedom 4 all
12-18-2010, 12:58 PM
Completely childish, dickish and unnecessary. There should really be some kind of dick size minimum to be a LEO of any kind. Only someone with an absolutely miniscule penis would feel compelled to exercise authority in that situation.

SirBlend12
12-18-2010, 01:52 PM
Well, isn't that nice? Have a heart? Here's your fine. Just wait until it becomes a fine-worthy offense to save a child from something like that. (Though it probably is somewhere.)

aravoth
12-18-2010, 01:53 PM
Completely childish, dickish and unnecessary. There should really be some kind of dick size minimum to be a LEO of any kind. Only someone with an absolutely miniscule penis would feel compelled to exercise authority in that situation.

lol, it reminds me of the girl that got her lemonade stand shutdown by the county health inspector in portland a few months ago.

Todd
12-18-2010, 02:17 PM
you've got to remember that the mindset of some of these officers is blinders on justice oriented. Yes it's pathetic, but it's because many of them lack the ability to see beyond a statute violation. And..in my own opinion, it's probably because some of them were picked on in school and now it's their turn.

Dr.3D
12-18-2010, 04:27 PM
Just imagine that officer drowning while yelling for people to help him and them saying, 'No, we don't have any life jackets."

aravoth
12-18-2010, 04:57 PM
Just imagine that officer drowning while yelling for people to help him and them saying, 'No, we don't have any life jackets."

Or imagine yelling at the officer from the river bank "If your stupid ass lives I'm going to cite you for swimming in a frozen river without a life jacket!"

Noob
12-18-2010, 05:43 PM
Or imagine yelling at the officer from the river bank "If your stupid ass lives I'm going to cite you for swimming in a frozen river without a life jacket!"
Or imagine that the Officer fines you for not having a life jacket, and than arrests you for assault of a peace officer after saving his sorry ass.

MelissaCato
12-18-2010, 06:10 PM

LOL. Or no we don't hear you.

Freedom 4 all
12-18-2010, 06:12 PM
lol, it reminds me of the girl that got her lemonade stand shutdown by the county health inspector in portland a few months ago.

It happened in NY not too long ago as well.

Corydoras
12-18-2010, 08:58 PM
Anybody know of a defense fund for these guys?

KCIndy
12-18-2010, 09:44 PM
Anybody know of a defense fund for these guys?

With any luck at all, they shouldn't need a defense fund.

The ticket was apparently written because the rescuers were not wearing a life jacket. State law in Maryland apparently
only requires life jackets to be worn by those under the age of 16. The law does require life jackets/flotation devices be
present in any boat being operated on the water. The two rescuers were over the age of 16, and in a boat that was
equipped with flotation devices. They were perfectly legal.

Any judge should toss this one out, preferably with a good verbal lashing of the officer in question.