PDA

View Full Version : "We owe no duty to protect the general public"

CCTelander
12-17-2010, 11:22 PM
Excellent read for those willing to.

"We owe no duty to protect the general public"

Written by Marc Stevens
Thursday, 09 December 2010 17:41

I want to thank Greg, producer of the Dr. Jack Stockwell show on KTKK 630 AM in Salt Lake City for sending me this story. (I have not verified any of the details of the report but I will be calling to do that.) It's a horrible story about a seventeen year old who was murdered while helping the local protection racketeers in Palm Beach, Florida, commonly referred to as the "sheriff". The boy's parents brought a wrongful death lawsuit against the "sheriff".

Harriet Lewis, the attorney representing the "sheriff" is reported as saying: "We owe no duty to protect the general public. All we can do is try to solve crime once it occurs. To have it otherwise would bankrupt every department in the country..."

Those familiar with my book and radio show know I've been pointing this out for a decade. This is just one more example of an indisputable truth: people calling themselves "government" are not here to protect anyone's life, liberty and property. This lawyer goes so far as to qualify it by stating government cannot provide protection or stop crime.

For the rest:

http://marcstevens.net/nspblog/qwe-owe-no-duty-to-protect-the-general-publicq.html

I particularly enjoyed the image.

ClayTrainor
12-17-2010, 11:31 PM
Great Article!

Golding
12-18-2010, 08:51 AM
I particularly enjoyed the image.Same here. Very clever.

Bryan
12-18-2010, 09:59 AM
This is certainly a practical example of why people should be armed.

LibForestPaul
12-18-2010, 10:06 AM
Article is stupid drivel. You WILL have to lay your hand upon the tyrant, for if you don't, he WILL lay his minions hands upon yours and your families.

Travlyr
12-19-2010, 09:02 AM
This is certainly a practical example of why people should be armed.

Armed with weapons and knowledge.

It is not the duty of government to protect you. The claim that government is there to protect you comes from TV shows not the Constitution. It is your duty to protect yourself and your property.

The duty of the sheriff is to apprehend the guy who did the murdering, and it is the duty of the court to determine the facts and prevent him from killing again, if possible.

CCTelander
01-02-2011, 10:37 PM
Armed with weapons and knowledge.

It is not the duty of government to protect you. The claim that government is there to protect you comes from TV shows not the Constitution. It is your duty to protect yourself and your property.

The duty of the sheriff is to apprehend the guy who did the murdering, and it is the duty of the court to determine the facts and prevent him from killing again, if possible.

"...That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men..."

Vessol
01-02-2011, 10:59 PM
Police have never existed to help and serve the public, since their founding they have been the bottom tier of those whom are there to uphold and to preserve the government. That is their number one duty, to preserve and support the State.

Petar
01-02-2011, 11:02 PM
The legitimate role of government is to prosecute crime, after it occurs.

If we expected government to prosecute pre-crime, then we would have no liberty at all.

It's rather amazing that this actually needs to be explained to a supposed "anarchist".

Then again, I suppose that it makes sense, because in reality, anarchy is actually a totalitarian system.

Travlyr
01-02-2011, 11:09 PM
The Massachusetts State Police was founded in September 1865, making it the oldest state-wide police agency in the United States. This was immediately after the National Bank Act of 1864. The police exist to protect banking interests.

The duty of the county sheriff is to support the constitution and capture people who infringe on other people's rights.

CCTelander
11-19-2011, 05:56 PM
bump

BuddyRey
11-19-2011, 09:00 PM
The most important job of the police is to "protect and serve" the interests and revenue of the state. It wasn't always that way, but that seems to be the way things are going now.

CCTelander
11-19-2011, 10:14 PM
The most important job of the police is to "protect and serve" the interests and revenue of the state. It wasn't always that way, but that seems to be the way things are going now.

Actually, if one does a little research into the advent of professional police forces, one finds that it actually WAS always this way. The reason they were initially formed was specifically to protect the elites from the rabble, that would be you and I, and to help those elites plunder the majority for their own benefit and the benefit of their cronies.

CCTelander
11-25-2011, 01:40 PM
bump

heavenlyboy34
11-25-2011, 01:56 PM
The legitimate role of government is to prosecute crime, after it occurs.

If we expected government to prosecute pre-crime, then we would have no liberty at all.

It's rather amazing that this actually needs to be explained to a supposed "anarchist".

Then again, I suppose that it makes sense, because in reality, anarchy is actually a totalitarian system.
I don't see him asking for an explanation-he's just pointing out that police don't exist to protect and serve.

heavenlyboy34
11-25-2011, 01:57 PM
qft ...they also like to plunder and extort a bit when they can to "skim off the top" as it were, btw. ;):mad: